Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Spray - Deep Dark

2.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product, along with the Deep Dark lotion.
I mainly use it for my chest, back, and face. I use the lotion for the rest of my body. The reviewers here that are saying they don't get enough color, maybe aren't putting enough on or rubbing in too much.
I usually spray a decent amount, wait 15 minutes, and do another coat. I never rub this one in and it still is never streaky or blotchy. The day after I do this, I always get compliments on how tan I am and they can never believe that it's a spray.

on 5/13/2009 4:56:00 PM

I used this everyday and NEVER got any color. The fumes about choked me out though.

on 12/18/2008 7:35:00 AM

Hated this, it stinks really bad and not like self tanner, I don't know what it is chemically smell. Probably not good for my skin. Didn't care for the color and will not buy this again.. Maybe my bottle was expired.

on 4/25/2008 11:14:00 AM

I can't say I LOVE this spray but it does have some great pros to it. I followed another reviewers advice and sprayed, avoiding knees and ankles, waited a few minutes, then used a regular body lotion to rub everything in. Zero streaking, always a plus. No orange, another plus. I'm not crazy about the lime scent but it is definitely better than other ST's and the ST smell only faintly showed up hours after applying.

The only problem I have is the color...it is definitely brown but just not dark at all. Enough color for my mom to ask if I'd gotten some sun but not enough to make me feel any better in my bikini lol. I'm very fair so it doesn't take much color to do that but this just wasn't enough. However, for my day to day summer color it's great...I may try using my Sublime Bronze every couple days on top of this and see if I get more color, I'm hoping the Banana Boat will tone down the slight orange I get with the Sublime.

Overall, I'll keep using this because of the easy application (no rubbing it in on my back and still not a single streak) and true brown shade but it isn't enough on it's own.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was awful. I tried this and it made me sooo orange and it was SO streaky! It was horrible. Luckily it came off very easily. All I needed was soap and water and a bath pouf.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eww! bought this without realising exactly how oily this "oil" would be...yes, dumb, i know. after my initial shock at the greasiness, i decided to give it a go anyway, seeing as id bought it. it took AGES to dry and i didnt notice any colour change - i think this might be because it got rubbed off when i put my clothes back on, but i waited forever and the damn stuff just wouldnt dry! would not recommend.

on 6/24/2004 4:13:00 PM

ohh this is just very bad. i hate self-tanners anyways, though. i try them once at the beginning of every summer, and every time i just wish i had learned last summer. i have to wear pants for a couple days to get rid of this mess. luckily, it fades fast (which is actually another bad aspect of the product, but in combination with other problems, its a blessing). don't buy. even if its 2.99 on sale. eew. and it smells soo self-tanner-y.

on 6/14/2003 4:01:00 AM

This is the ultimate streaker. The spray is harder to apply evenly then it seems. It gives a real bad orange look. I had the worst experience with it which led people to think that I have drank gallons of carrot juice and ate thousands of carrots. SooOo embarassing.

on 4/17/2003 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty bad smell compared to other self tanners. Dries very fast since it is a spray. You cannot control where you spray, i spray in a small area and then hold my hand on my leg, so it doesn't drip off. More likely to streak than Clarins or Lancome. Leaves streaks, so make sure you saturate all areas. Not even close to Lancome or Clarins, but you can make it work for the price!

on 9/1/2002 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The best self tanner at this price! I prefer Lancome's Soleil Flash Spray but at $26 I just go through it too fast. This one is streak free, blends perfectly, fades perfectly, and is so natural looking! The only downfall, which I can live with, is that it has that self tanner smell about it. Oh well, it's still an awesome buy!

Top Rated Banana Boat Products