October 31, 2014 | 1483 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tammyhegefeld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great coverage but not heavy!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sdrogers85

I dunno, I've worn it about 5 times now and have tried applying it different ways....and I'm just not sold on it :/ I was expecting a medium to buildable full coverage and I can't get it to a full no matter what. I've had the best results by spraying small bits of my face at very close range and then buffing with a brush but even then, it's not covering my hyperpigmentation.....yeah, sure I can use concealer on top but for 62 BUCKS I really want it to perform. The lasting power on my oily skin isn't amazing either, but not awful...about 4 hours before a touch up. The finish is lovely tho, it feels matte but looks a little luminous. I think this is beautiful for anything other then oily skins and if you have relatively decent skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I think this might be my HG. Entering my late 20's, I've been kind of horrified by the premature aging and general changes in my skin in the past 3 years. It's been quick, sudden, and a dramatic reality shift that I'm not quite as youthful (and sadly attractive) as I used to be. Which is annoying because I constantly see women older than me who look so much better. I've always had trouble skin. It's dry, sensitive, and acne prone. Mixing Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation with a moisturizer (Aveeno Positively Radiant) worked for years until I stopped using chemicals and GM soy in that moisturizer for health and thyroid reasons... I'm still "unclean" with my makeup but something always made me think lotions and serums were more important because they sink in to your body. But foundation basically sits on top until you wash it off... I know this logic is flawed) but anyway, my point: after using organic cold pressed rosehip seed oil as my moisturizer, a natural AHA exfoliant 2x a week, Cetaphil face wash, Chagrin Valley face soap bars, and Clean and Clear 4 hour rapid spot treatment to eradicate emerging pimples, MY SKIN HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER. But because I'm getting older and dryer for some freaking reason, my Revlon Colorstay is looking worse and worse. I look dry, caked, and just less pretty. But when I wash the makeup off I LOOKED great. Like more even clear and younger! WTF! It's a good problem to have, I guess, but it's not like I look so good without makeup that I'd feel confident going out especially to an event with nothing on. Yet each time I'd try to make myself look "pretty" it felt like I was just aging and dulling myself. It was demoralizing.

Enter Airflash.

I waitedd wayyyyyy too long to try this. I thought the application was stupid, expensive, and a gimmick. But it's been around for like over 5 years for a reason. The liquid itself is thinner, like way thinner, so it doesn't cake me or age me because it's so close to physically matching my real skin while still providing the medium-to-full coverage I need to feel confident. I LOVE THIS STUFF. The application is still something I'm tweaking, but the learning curve is very forgiving. I've gone back from spraying a brush, spraying my face, and I think I'm going to invest in a beauty blender and try that again. But everything still looks so much better than with my previous makeup attempts. It can stain your clothes and hair so I put a towel on my head without a top when I spray it directly on my face. My only real complaint is that it's way too expensive and is used up way too fast so that's why it gets 4 lippies. But I've bought my 2nd bottle and will continue to use. I just try to use it on days I'm going out. I'm still on the hunt for a "day" or "every day" foundation that looks good and doesn't age me or break the bank. For that I've been using Jane Iredale which I have a love hate relationship with: Jane Iredale is an expensive, pretentious company with products that are very very good for the skin... But they don't look that good with any consistency. Like at all. I wear it to the gym and the grocery store, that's it. But Dior airflash makes me feel pretty and good. HG, at least for now, for sure. I use #200 and blend it a bit so it matches my fair/medium cool yet also warm neutral undertone that's difficult to match. TRY IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this foundation would be completely and utterly perfect if there wasnt a few drawbacks.
it is PERFECT on the skin and lasts all day for me. i cant tell you if it would break me out because i only wear it maybe 2-3 times a month. im saving this for special occasions only and heres why
1. itll run out quick if you use it everyday. i spray it into a bowl for 2 seconds and dab my elf flat top brush into it and buff it into my skin. it looks so phenomenal and this will make the product last longer.
2. the ingrediants are literally what they use in lighters and grills. i wouldnt want to put this on my face everyday. i dont care how great my skin looks with it on. i want it to still look good with it off. and
3. its 'live off ramen for a year' expensive. makes you want to cry kind of expensive.

if the ingrediants were healthier and i didnt have sensitive skin, i would wear this more often. even with the price. i love having nice looking skin and i will always have a can of this handy. but for now its just for speacial occasions!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by dianekjs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation I have EVER used, period. Hands down, no contest, slam dunk. Ok, accolades established, to get the invisibly flawless, airbrushed look of perfection that this foundation is capable of delivering, there is a learning curve involved. While everyone should experiment to find the best application techniques for their own skin, here is what works so very well for me. First, forget about spraying it directly onto your face, it's wasteful, imprecise, messy, and probably not very healthy. Instead, take a Beauty Blender sponge, saturate in water, squeeze out the excess, and blot ever-so-slightly on a towel so it's not too wet. Next, shake your Airflash very well and spray onto the back of your (non-dominant) hand. Dab the sponge into the product that's on your hand and apply to your face with a so-called "stippling" or bouncing action, experiment a bit with the technique. Coverage can be layered from fairly sheer to fairly full, as needed. Even multiple passes achieving medium-full coverage still don't look as if you're wearing foundation with this method, it just looks like flawless skin. The other thing that is imperative in my opinion, is to do this in front of a really good, high-quality lighted, magnifying makeup mirror. Seriously, I truly never thought I could achieve an effect like this so effortlessly. Yes, it's expensive, but applied in this manner one can lasts me close to three months used pretty liberally, daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupforever71

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the way this foundation looks especially through photos. This really does give your skin a flawless look which doesn't feel heavy at all. It gives a medium coverage and feels great on your skin. Im also pleasantly surprised that this foundation looks great on my yellow under-toned skin which is rare with Dior foundations. The only problem i have with this is that it is a spray form foundation which Yes does apply nice and lightly to the skin But i feel like there is a lot of foundation being wasted. I therefore only use this foundation for events like weddings and parties. I also instead of spraying directly onto my face i spray a little on my buffing or stippling brush. This way i feel i save a lot more product and although it take more longer to apply it i think its totally worth it. I also think this foundation would look good on all skin types which is very rare. Its not dewy or matte its just a perfect natural glowy looking foundation. I deffo will be re purchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only tested in store, and the consistencies seems nice, my issue is that all the foundation shades have pink undertones. It's bad enough they only had four shades, especially for such a high end brand, but that all were pink based was ridiculous. I was then not able to find a match.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! Amazing finish, as if done by a professional. I have bought and re-bought this product countless of times. It is the one foundation I feel like I can truly rely on. Will re-purchase.

Cons- price

Pros
- amazing finish and coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Claire21Adele

I love this product however, you get very little makeup for the price you pay.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Chilllovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product last month after the woman at the dior counter highly recommended it. She matched me with the colour 200 as i have very fair skin. When she tried it on me, it looked great in store, however when i finally opened it and decided to try it on a few days ago I was not impressed. It makes my skin look orangy and does not fully match my skin tone, and the finish wasnt as great as when i had tried it in store. A pro of this product was that the application was not as hard as i thought and it did not get on my hair or clothes. The cons however, are the price, and the colour and finish. I will not repurchase.