December 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my favourite foundation of all times. I purchased this a month ago and have used it every single day since, and will probably continue to do so for a very long time. I have acne prone skin and this does NOT break me out since it is so light, yet it still delivers the perfect coverage. I absolutely, 100% advise that anyone that is self conscious about their skin, tries this, because it will give you flawless, healthy, glowing skin! It smells amazing too, typical Dior scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by krkrkristin27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The longer I used this foundation the less I liked it. At first it was great. It was quick application and loved the coverage. It had almost medium-full coverage and felt like I was wearing only BB cream. BUT soon the flaws came out. The makeup did not wear well throughout the day. It grabs onto any baby hairs on your face and looks patchy. It will also rub off extremely easily if ANYTHING touches your face. The application seemed easy but I did not feel like I had much control. I could not spray on small areas without wasting the aerosol and I am extremely blonde so spraying too far would end up caking in my hairline. I know I could spray on my hand and then apply, but this takes away from the complete airbrushed look. The price is a little high for a subpar product that lasts less than a month. All in all, the concept is great but falls short.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by sg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation so much. It provides great coverage despite being a thin formula. It is also applied so quickly! I spray a light dusting on my face then tap it in with my shu lightbulb sponge. It smooths out all my imperfections enough that I dont even bother with concealor. The finish is great, it is slightly luminous but never greasy looking. Its fantastic on my dry skin.

Only two negatives which kept this from being a ***** review. The price and color.
price- I sporadically try cheaper foundations but always come back.
color-In the dead of winter the palest shade isnt quite light enough for me. So i use this about 9 months a year very happily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*************This is an updated review****************
Still loved the finish but it really clogged my pores -> you could see the little white spots on my face, but not the kind of allergic reaction. As a result, my skin is becoming oily, or at least you feel oily during the day, and with this "mask". However when you look into the mirror, it's not that bad.

I think I'll keep this for an evening out but not really day to day.

---------
Previously

Holy cr*p this is amazing!! I have used from Chanel, YSL, Dior to Stila, Boujors and CoverFX....

This gives an air flash finish that doesn't oxidize (linen 021) only, and last for at least 5 hours , even through my work out.

Pretty awesome.

The price? oh well, when you get older, having good skin is something money really can't buy back, so $62 it is!

p.s. i spray to shiseido foundation brush directly.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ddha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Me - Currently, a bit darker than N10 in summer, lighter than N10 in winter. Dry, dehydrated skin.

This foundation has a beautiful finish if it works for your skin. Sadly, it didn't work for me for two reasons.

(1) The shade selection is limited. I used the lightest available - 100. I'd probably peg it at somewhere around N15. So, it was dark for N10 me. It wasn't a big surprise that even the lightest shade would be dark. However, from a distance it was a nice finish and I would have sheered it out or used it when I tanned up, but for reason 2.

(2) It's horrible on dry and/or dehydrated skin. It accentuated every dry spot - even those I didn't know I had. It also stung my dry skin (alcohol maybe?). It looked good from a distance, but horrible and aging up close.

Application: I applied this a few ways - (1) spraying it on, which was really easy and provided good even coverage. I liked this method as it was quick and easy. However, this method accentuated my dry skin and any random baby hairs the most. (2) spraying it on the back of my hand, then using a damp beauty blender, which was good too. (3) spraying it on the back of my hand then using a foundation brush.

Coverage: Medium, but buildable. However, if you need extra coverage for certain areas, you'll likely still need a concealer.

Price: $62 for 2.3oz.

This foundation would probably work best for those with normal to oily skins, if you can find a shade. I wish it worked for me because it is beautiful on others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by tammyhegefeld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great coverage but not heavy!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sdrogers85

I dunno, I've worn it about 5 times now and have tried applying it different ways....and I'm just not sold on it :/ I was expecting a medium to buildable full coverage and I can't get it to a full no matter what. I've had the best results by spraying small bits of my face at very close range and then buffing with a brush but even then, it's not covering my hyperpigmentation.....yeah, sure I can use concealer on top but for 62 BUCKS I really want it to perform. The lasting power on my oily skin isn't amazing either, but not awful...about 4 hours before a touch up. The finish is lovely tho, it feels matte but looks a little luminous. I think this is beautiful for anything other then oily skins and if you have relatively decent skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I think this might be my HG. Entering my late 20's, I've been kind of horrified by the premature aging and general changes in my skin in the past 3 years. It's been quick, sudden, and a dramatic reality shift that I'm not quite as youthful (and sadly attractive) as I used to be. Which is annoying because I constantly see women older than me who look so much better. I've always had trouble skin. It's dry, sensitive, and acne prone. Mixing Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation with a moisturizer (Aveeno Positively Radiant) worked for years until I stopped using chemicals and GM soy in that moisturizer for health and thyroid reasons... I'm still "unclean" with my makeup but something always made me think lotions and serums were more important because they sink in to your body. But foundation basically sits on top until you wash it off... I know this logic is flawed) but anyway, my point: after using organic cold pressed rosehip seed oil as my moisturizer, a natural AHA exfoliant 2x a week, Cetaphil face wash, Chagrin Valley face soap bars, and Clean and Clear 4 hour rapid spot treatment to eradicate emerging pimples, MY SKIN HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER. But because I'm getting older and dryer for some freaking reason, my Revlon Colorstay is looking worse and worse. I look dry, caked, and just less pretty. But when I wash the makeup off I LOOKED great. Like more even clear and younger! WTF! It's a good problem to have, I guess, but it's not like I look so good without makeup that I'd feel confident going out especially to an event with nothing on. Yet each time I'd try to make myself look "pretty" it felt like I was just aging and dulling myself. It was demoralizing.

Enter Airflash.

I waitedd wayyyyyy too long to try this. I thought the application was stupid, expensive, and a gimmick. But it's been around for like over 5 years for a reason. The liquid itself is thinner, like way thinner, so it doesn't cake me or age me because it's so close to physically matching my real skin while still providing the medium-to-full coverage I need to feel confident. I LOVE THIS STUFF. The application is still something I'm tweaking, but the learning curve is very forgiving. I've gone back from spraying a brush, spraying my face, and I think I'm going to invest in a beauty blender and try that again. But everything still looks so much better than with my previous makeup attempts. It can stain your clothes and hair so I put a towel on my head without a top when I spray it directly on my face. My only real complaint is that it's way too expensive and is used up way too fast so that's why it gets 4 lippies. But I've bought my 2nd bottle and will continue to use. I just try to use it on days I'm going out. I'm still on the hunt for a "day" or "every day" foundation that looks good and doesn't age me or break the bank. For that I've been using Jane Iredale which I have a love hate relationship with: Jane Iredale is an expensive, pretentious company with products that are very very good for the skin... But they don't look that good with any consistency. Like at all. I wear it to the gym and the grocery store, that's it. But Dior airflash makes me feel pretty and good. HG, at least for now, for sure. I use #200 and blend it a bit so it matches my fair/medium cool yet also warm neutral undertone that's difficult to match. TRY IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this foundation would be completely and utterly perfect if there wasnt a few drawbacks.
it is PERFECT on the skin and lasts all day for me. i cant tell you if it would break me out because i only wear it maybe 2-3 times a month. im saving this for special occasions only and heres why
1. itll run out quick if you use it everyday. i spray it into a bowl for 2 seconds and dab my elf flat top brush into it and buff it into my skin. it looks so phenomenal and this will make the product last longer.
2. the ingrediants are literally what they use in lighters and grills. i wouldnt want to put this on my face everyday. i dont care how great my skin looks with it on. i want it to still look good with it off. and
3. its 'live off ramen for a year' expensive. makes you want to cry kind of expensive.

if the ingrediants were healthier and i didnt have sensitive skin, i would wear this more often. even with the price. i love having nice looking skin and i will always have a can of this handy. but for now its just for speacial occasions!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by dianekjs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation I have EVER used, period. Hands down, no contest, slam dunk. Ok, accolades established, to get the invisibly flawless, airbrushed look of perfection that this foundation is capable of delivering, there is a learning curve involved. While everyone should experiment to find the best application techniques for their own skin, here is what works so very well for me. First, forget about spraying it directly onto your face, it's wasteful, imprecise, messy, and probably not very healthy. Instead, take a Beauty Blender sponge, saturate in water, squeeze out the excess, and blot ever-so-slightly on a towel so it's not too wet. Next, shake your Airflash very well and spray onto the back of your (non-dominant) hand. Dab the sponge into the product that's on your hand and apply to your face with a so-called "stippling" or bouncing action, experiment a bit with the technique. Coverage can be layered from fairly sheer to fairly full, as needed. Even multiple passes achieving medium-full coverage still don't look as if you're wearing foundation with this method, it just looks like flawless skin. The other thing that is imperative in my opinion, is to do this in front of a really good, high-quality lighted, magnifying makeup mirror. Seriously, I truly never thought I could achieve an effect like this so effortlessly. Yes, it's expensive, but applied in this manner one can lasts me close to three months used pretty liberally, daily.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No