February 28, 2015 | 1901 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2015 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

I really like this foundation. I'm not a huge fan of the application, and its been over a week of use and I still haven't found the "perfect" way to apply. I tried the (very messy) instructions. I find for the coverage I like, medium, (so far this works) I apply a spray to the back of my hand and use a flat brush to blend onto my face. It seems to last me all day no setting powder needed. If you're a fan of full coverage by all means spray directly onto your face but that is waaay too heavy for me.
I'm using Linen 201, a newer shade and it seems to work fine, only ever so slightly darker than my neck.
At the price point ($62, I believe - at Sephora) , I wont be using this every day but it is beautiful for special occasions and for photos.

I haven't tested this in extreme conditions, yet so I will be updating once summer rolls around.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 6:46:00 AM More reviews by katiemua92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation I've ever used! Tried pretty much every foundation out there. It feels weightless and airbrushed I spray it on my wet beauty blender and it looks soft focused. It ranges between light to full coverage depending how you layer it but even layered it still feels like water. I've tried a suggested dupe the EU de teint by loreal which was no where near similar to the Dior airflash. Itlasts in the ssummer on my oily skin and makes my pores invisible. Also when i have very dry patches its the only stuff that doesnt cling to it. I just can't explain how beautiful it is. Nothing compares!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2015 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MagicMirrorOnTheWall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying that I really really wanted to love this product - but we don't always get what we want.
I would say I have dry or combination skin, depending on the time of year. I purchased this foundation in December so my skin was very dry. That being said, in the winter, my biggest concern when it comes to base makeup is dry flakes of skin, even with moisturizing foundations. However, even with the very minimal, almost non-existent hydration/oils on my face, this foundation was already breaking down within the first hour of wear (especially around the pores). I tried the foundation with different tools (a buffing brush, a stippling brush, a beauty blender and directly spraying on the skin) and always set it with the laura mercier invisible looser setting powder; but the result was the same every time. By the 3rd hour, it was always so patchy that I had to put a powder foundation over it. It's almost like it never sets.
Initially, the foundation goes on BEAUTIFULLY. It's probably the most skin-like foundation I've ever tried. It looks almost invisible while evening out your skin tone. It's just a shame that it does not stay, whatsoever. If you really wanted to, you could touch up multiple times a day (this foundation seems to be easy to build up and apply in layers) but I just can't see myself doing that. Setting aside the fact that I don't like having to touch up my face in the middle of the day, there are two other reasons why this foundation specifically would not be a good "touch-up" foundation. First, it's in a pressurized aerosol spray can: not the most travel-friendly. Second, it's a $62 foundation!! If I just kept reapplying every 1-3 hours, I would be going though a $62 can of foundation every month. If you can afford it, fine - but not everyone is made of money.
I really wanted to like it but it's just way too high maintenance for my taste. I will only be using this foundation for the most special events that does not have anything to do with the sun or heat of any kind. If it would just last a little longer, I would have declared this my holy grail foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2015 3:54:00 AM More reviews by xwlor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honest review on this product. Hopefully it helps!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2015 12:08:00 PM More reviews by shannonlmurray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Dior Airflash for almost a year now and I have yet to find an airbrush foundation that has topped it. The airbrush makes your face have a beautiful matte look, something you just can't get with powder and liquid. I am a huge fan of Dior makeup and definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for this type of look. Price is a little high and only lasts a month and a half, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2015 8:31:00 PM More reviews by citychiiclifestyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally! Airbrush foundation of great quality in the UK. I could only ever order airbrush make up from the US but am sooo glad Dior came up with this.

I first saw it in Selfridges and the makeup artist at the Dior counter (who is brilliant) showed me that you have spray it at a distance from your face with a really light touch. It's a mist effect so you have to press very lightly on the foundation while holding your arm under the area you are spraying to prevent spreading. It feels like you are wearing air on your skin.

It gives you a perfect airbrushed look. You have to set it ever so slightly with a brush but really if you spray it correctly you shouldn't need it. I did go to a few Dior counters in Bantalls in Kingston, John Lewis and Selfridges and unfortunately the makeup artists in the UK don't seem to be as airbrush make up savvy as the artists in the US so they will all try and advise you to spray it on a brush then apply it or spray it on your face and then correct with a brush. IGNORE THEM!

USE A LIGHT TOUCH WHEN SPRAYING AND ENSURE YOUR HAIR IS HELD BACK BY A BAND YOU CAN REMOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2015 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MissSaba007

This is a good foundation but sometimes found it to be too drying

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my favourite foundation of all times. I purchased this a month ago and have used it every single day since, and will probably continue to do so for a very long time. I have acne prone skin and this does NOT break me out since it is so light, yet it still delivers the perfect coverage. I absolutely, 100% advise that anyone that is self conscious about their skin, tries this, because it will give you flawless, healthy, glowing skin! It smells amazing too, typical Dior scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by krkrkristin27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The longer I used this foundation the less I liked it. At first it was great. It was quick application and loved the coverage. It had almost medium-full coverage and felt like I was wearing only BB cream. BUT soon the flaws came out. The makeup did not wear well throughout the day. It grabs onto any baby hairs on your face and looks patchy. It will also rub off extremely easily if ANYTHING touches your face. The application seemed easy but I did not feel like I had much control. I could not spray on small areas without wasting the aerosol and I am extremely blonde so spraying too far would end up caking in my hairline. I know I could spray on my hand and then apply, but this takes away from the complete airbrushed look. The price is a little high for a subpar product that lasts less than a month. All in all, the concept is great but falls short.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by sg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation so much. It provides great coverage despite being a thin formula. It is also applied so quickly! I spray a light dusting on my face then tap it in with my shu lightbulb sponge. It smooths out all my imperfections enough that I dont even bother with concealor. The finish is great, it is slightly luminous but never greasy looking. Its fantastic on my dry skin.

Only two negatives which kept this from being a ***** review. The price and color.
price- I sporadically try cheaper foundations but always come back.
color-In the dead of winter the palest shade isnt quite light enough for me. So i use this about 9 months a year very happily.