Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 3/22/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is definitely my HG foundation. I've been wanting to buy it for such a long time but didn't want to spend the money on it but it is so worth it! It goes on seamlessly, it covers my pores, and acne spots - coverage is great. My skin is really patchy in the winter b/c of the cold so I noticed if I put to much it can cling onto the dry spots a little but it's not that noticeable since the consistency is so light, shouldn't be a problem in the the summer. I also have acne prone, sensitive skin and this stuff doesn't break me out! Definitely a keeper.

I discovered this when I was around 14 (I started my door obsession young!) and six years later this is still my absolute favourite. I haven't used it every day for those 6 years but have always loved it, I've tried sooo many expensive foundations (including Clinique, Estée Lauder, YSL, Mac, Bare Minerals, Givenchy etc) and this will always be a favourite. It's great coverage which is surprising for a spray but it's so buildable. The reason I don't use it every day is because it has a radiant finish and for days at work I like a matte finish. This also smells incredible, it's foundationy but fresh I think. I discovered it at an airport and used it for the entire holiday so it does remind me of being on holiday - which I guess is why I love the smell so much. A definite must buy!

on 3/16/2015 7:38:00 PM

OMG this stuff you guys!!

I wanted to try this for years, but never got around it because it is very pricey. One night I got weak and ordered it online. I got shade 100 and it matches my nw15 (leaning more towards neutral) skin.
I spray it directly onto my face and if I feel like it I kinda buff it out a little with my sephora #56 brush. It doesn't really make that much of a difference but I just like doing that just in case. It gives a natural matte FLAWLESS finish that last all day on my combo skin. This is what I always wanted in a foundation, something that I can just apply and forget about. It also feels incredibly light, like no other foundation. The coverage is a good medium I would say.

on 2/19/2015 12:30:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I'm not a huge fan of the application, and its been over a week of use and I still haven't found the "perfect" way to apply. I tried the (very messy) instructions. I find for the coverage I like, medium, (so far this works) I apply a spray to the back of my hand and use a flat brush to blend onto my face. It seems to last me all day no setting powder needed. If you're a fan of full coverage by all means spray directly onto your face but that is waaay too heavy for me.
I'm using Linen 201, a newer shade and it seems to work fine, only ever so slightly darker than my neck.
At the price point ($62, I believe - at Sephora) , I wont be using this every day but it is beautiful for special occasions and for photos.

I haven't tested this in extreme conditions, yet so I will be updating once summer rolls around.

on 2/18/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best foundation I've ever used! Tried pretty much every foundation out there. It feels weightless and airbrushed I spray it on my wet beauty blender and it looks soft focused. It ranges between light to full coverage depending how you layer it but even layered it still feels like water. I've tried a suggested dupe the EU de teint by loreal which was no where near similar to the Dior airflash. Itlasts in the ssummer on my oily skin and makes my pores invisible. Also when i have very dry patches its the only stuff that doesnt cling to it. I just can't explain how beautiful it is. Nothing compares!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me just start off by saying that I really really wanted to love this product - but we don't always get what we want.
I would say I have dry or combination skin, depending on the time of year. I purchased this foundation in December so my skin was very dry. That being said, in the winter, my biggest concern when it comes to base makeup is dry flakes of skin, even with moisturizing foundations. However, even with the very minimal, almost non-existent hydration/oils on my face, this foundation was already breaking down within the first hour of wear (especially around the pores). I tried the foundation with different tools (a buffing brush, a stippling brush, a beauty blender and directly spraying on the skin) and always set it with the laura mercier invisible looser setting powder; but the result was the same every time. By the 3rd hour, it was always so patchy that I had to put a powder foundation over it. It's almost like it never sets.
Initially, the foundation goes on BEAUTIFULLY. It's probably the most skin-like foundation I've ever tried. It looks almost invisible while evening out your skin tone. It's just a shame that it does not stay, whatsoever. If you really wanted to, you could touch up multiple times a day (this foundation seems to be easy to build up and apply in layers) but I just can't see myself doing that. Setting aside the fact that I don't like having to touch up my face in the middle of the day, there are two other reasons why this foundation specifically would not be a good "touch-up" foundation. First, it's in a pressurized aerosol spray can: not the most travel-friendly. Second, it's a $62 foundation!! If I just kept reapplying every 1-3 hours, I would be going though a $62 can of foundation every month. If you can afford it, fine - but not everyone is made of money.
I really wanted to like it but it's just way too high maintenance for my taste. I will only be using this foundation for the most special events that does not have anything to do with the sun or heat of any kind. If it would just last a little longer, I would have declared this my holy grail foundation.

on 2/11/2015 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honest review on this product. Hopefully it helps!!

I've been using Dior Airflash for almost a year now and I have yet to find an airbrush foundation that has topped it. The airbrush makes your face have a beautiful matte look, something you just can't get with powder and liquid. I am a huge fan of Dior makeup and definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for this type of look. Price is a little high and only lasts a month and a half, but definitely worth it.

Finally! Airbrush foundation of great quality in the UK. I could only ever order airbrush make up from the US but am sooo glad Dior came up with this.

I first saw it in Selfridges and the makeup artist at the Dior counter (who is brilliant) showed me that you have spray it at a distance from your face with a really light touch. It's a mist effect so you have to press very lightly on the foundation while holding your arm under the area you are spraying to prevent spreading. It feels like you are wearing air on your skin.

It gives you a perfect airbrushed look. You have to set it ever so slightly with a brush but really if you spray it correctly you shouldn't need it. I did go to a few Dior counters in Bantalls in Kingston, John Lewis and Selfridges and unfortunately the makeup artists in the UK don't seem to be as airbrush make up savvy as the artists in the US so they will all try and advise you to spray it on a brush then apply it or spray it on your face and then correct with a brush. IGNORE THEM!

USE A LIGHT TOUCH WHEN SPRAYING AND ENSURE YOUR HAIR IS HELD BACK BY A BAND YOU CAN REMOVE

on 1/30/2015 3:51:00 PM

This is a good foundation but sometimes found it to be too drying

Video Reviews & Tutorials