November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Juice Beauty - Cleansing Milk

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Middlesex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a huge neo-hippie (yes, I shave) and as such, am a worshipper at the Church of Alicia Silverstone. When reading about her, I found out that she once had a collection with Juice Beauty. "How cool", I thought, and moved on to Google this 'Juice Beauty', which I had never heard of, being then new to neo-hippiedom. I found its website, read that it is a USDA certified organic company, and became jealous that there was no way for me to purchase any of its products, living in a suburb that is far away from neo-hippie civilization.

I took my first trip to Whole Foods while in Indianapolis and went hog wild, spewing patchouli and coconut oil everywhere. Finding Juice Beauty, I of course bought it's 'daily essential', the Cleansing Milk.

I'm an acne-prone teenager with oily skin and as such, this did not do much for me. It certainly is not very deep cleansing and did not do much for my acne or oily T-zone. I can certainly see this product actually being detrimental to the acne skin demon battle. If you have normal or dry skin, this product may be good for you. It's semi-moisturizing. Maybe. For you.

It feels and looks more like a moisturizer than a cleanser and is extremely greasy. It leaves a residue on my skin, which is a huge turn off. I mean, it's a cleanser. It's supposed to be taking off the junk on my skin, not adding to it.

I adore finding new organic companies and love the idea of Juice Beauty, although I find myself less than impressed by its actual products. In terms of the cleansing milk, you might as well smear Dr. Bronner's coconut oil on your face. Of course, that would actually moisturize it and this did nothing for me.

There are better organic cleansers on the marker. Skip this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by catgirl3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UGH! Totally made me break out like CRAZY! I have a ton of blackheads and pimples, now. I don't know what it is that is aggravating my skin in this product, but it took about 2 washes to ruin my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

This is a good cream cleanser, but Cetaphil is just as good, and much cheaper. I do love natural products, but I don't think I'll repurchase this, it's just too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I enjoy using this product because I know it contains a lot of ingredients that are good for my skin. However, I do not feel like it performs its function as a cleanser very well because it leaves a residue on my face. I have started to use this product as a pre-cleanse before I use a harsh or abrasive product and that has actually worked out pretty well for me so far. As a pre-cleanse, I would give it four lippies, but as a stand-alone cleanser, this is probably more like two to three lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brand was brought to my attention at Whole Foods. I'm really enjoying the 3 products I bought. This being one of them. I use this every day and will most definitely repurchase!! It's wonderful for my dry winter skin and has really made a difference . The most creamy cleanser I have ever found. lol forward to using it. The texture is just right, the scent, and the fact it's made if juices. Removes my light makeup application as well. Will def be a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past there have been times where my skin care routine, couldn't be really called a routine. Routine would imply I stuck to it. My skin was doing it's cold weather freak out it does every year. Meanwhile the brand juice beauty had be brought to my attention, I'd been told how awesome the cleansing gel was. Well in the summer when my skin is oily, I'd probably go for that option, but now when my skin is ridiculously thirsty? Not so much. So I went out and purchased the cleansing milk, and wow. It smells awesome, leaves my skin feeling great, and it's 100% organic. This got me thinking, maybe part of the issue with my skin is the harsh chemicals and methods I've been using. Since then, my skin care routine has gone 90% organic/natural, and I don't recall my skin ever looking so good. I credit my skin to my routine, because yes, I love the stuff I use so much, it is in fact a routine now. If you have dry skin, and are looking for a refreshing, dirt dissolving great smelling cleanser, this could be a great choice for you . It was about $30cdn and I'm kind of going through it quick, but it's worth it in my mind. PS I've been using this for close to a month, so this is not a "I tried it last night" review...not a fan of those...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ughhh. I really wanted to like this. Its got so many natural organic ingredients. i tried this when i was looking to switch from bar soap to a liquid cleanser for my face. this was part of the terrible process and a wasted $22. Ive since found a great cleanser, see my other reviews! Something in this formula just is not right. As other reviews have said, it leaves a film behind that feels not moisturizing but greasy. Yuck! My skin is dry so while this sounds like a good idea, it just doesnt work. I personally dont like any sort of film left behind from a cleanser. I wash to feel clean. I moisturize after Im clean and dry, thats how i feel best. Some people may prefer some sort of film left behind to save the trouble of moisturizing after. From the number of negative reviews of this wash though, i think it's just not working in this formula. the film felt kind of sticky and my face just didnt feel clean and got a bit congested with a few pimples. i stopped using it after several uses and used it on my hands as to not waste it. Theres also not much product for $22.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One word - Yuck.

I should note that I have dry skin, and am a fan of cleansing milks and non-foaming cleansers. I normally use PSF Green Tea Cleansing Milk, which I love, but I can pretty much pick up any cleansing milk from the health food store and be happy with it.

I thought that would be the case here - I was going to buy my usual PSF, but I didn't feel like mail ordering it, so I bought this from whole foods. Big mistake. It smells bad, feels greasy, and leaves a slight greasy residue on my skin. As I said, I have dry skin and normally nothing is too moisturizing - I can use very greasy creams with no problem. But this just didn't leave my skin feeling clean - in fact, it's the opposite - it seems to feel dirtier after using it than before. Washing my face with plain water is better than using this cleanser. Plus it doesn't remove makeup very well.

In addition after using this for a couple weeks I've got some bumps and clogged pores on my forehead - I think this is the culprit.

I guess I'll have to use this as a very expensive shaving cream for my legs........

I'd say if you have dry skin, there are way better cleansing milk options out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by smahama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really wanting to love this product, but it fell short. It was gentle on my skin and smelled okay, but it left a weird residue. I felt like I still had a layer of it on even after I washed it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Juice Beauty is an organic cosmetics brand that specializes in skincare. I fired heard of this brand when I received a sample of their Green Apple Moisturizer in a MyGlam bag, and ever since I've been hearing more and more about them. I guess they're really an up-and-coming brand! I purchased their Organics to Go kit at Ulta about three weeks ago and have been using their Cleansing Milk as my morning cleanser ever since. Juice Beauty says that their Cleansing Milk's "creamy formula deeply cleanses and removes all makeup with organic grape seed and and sunflower seed oils while soothing normal, aging, or sensitive skin with organic juices, chamomile, and calendula. A daily essential perfect for cleansing and removing makeup." This cleanser is suited to all skin types. A significant portion of the ingredients are USDA certified organic. I have a generously sized 2fl oz (60ml) travel sized tube, the full size contains 6.75fl oz (200ml) and retails for $22. Juice Beauty is a cruelty free brand that's working their way to becoming vegan. Juice Beauty products are made in America. Their products can be bought through the brand's website and at Ulta.
I really like the style of Juice Beauty's packaging. My travel sized squeeze tube is white with a white plastic cap. The Juice Beauty logo and all lettering is printed on he tube in soft grey lettering. The signature green drop of juice really stands out against the white tube. The back of the tube offers a description of the product, directions, and a full ingredient list. I love when companies put a lot of information on their packaging, including their trial and travel sized products, so hats off to you, Juice Beauty. The tube is recyclable, by the way. The full size of this product comes in a round bottle with a pump. I think I'd prefer the tube, but yinz know me and my squeeze tubes.
I didn't know what to expect from a cleansing milk, I'd never tried one before. I guess I expected it to be think and kinda watery, like milk..but it isn't like that at all! Juice Beauty's Cleansing Milk comes out looking like any old white moisturizer. After you wet it and rub your hands together, this cleanser thins out significantly but still feels creamy. This cleanser is sulfate free and does not suds up at all, which feels really strange if you're used to Clean&Clear like I am. As you wash your face with Juice Beauty's Cleansing Milk, it still feels like you're applying moisturizer! You'd think after nearly two weeks I'd get used to it, but I haven't, it's very novel! I can't speak for how this cleanser removes makeup, since I only use it in the morning. I can, however, vouch for how well Juice Beauty's Cleansing Milk soothes and balances my skin. My normal to combo skin feels very moisturized and softened after use. My moderate redness seems to have subsided a little bit and I haven't had any breakouts since I began using this cleanser. I honestly wasn't aware that a moisturizer could be moisturizing on this level. Sometimes I feel like I could skip moisturizer after washing my face with this Cleansing Milk. This is a great cleanser for those with sensitive or dry skin. On top of being sulfate free, Juice Beauty's Cleansing Milk is also fragrance free. That doesn't mean it has no scent though, it has a slight earthy note to it that doesn't transfer onto the skin.
Juice Beauty's Cleansing Milk is really interesting! It's very different from what I thought it'd be, but I'm not disappointed. This creamy cleanser is very moisturizing and really makes my skin feel good. Packaging is very nice as well. I think this is a great, relatively natural cleanser that's worth investing in. I'd consider repurchasing the full size of this cleanser, but not right away, there are so many cleanser out there that I want to try! I look forward to trying the other products from the Organics to Go kit, I can only hope they're as good as the Cleansing Milk!