Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk

3.4

Not tested on animals

organic juices of vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, rubus idaeus (red raspberry) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, organic botanical extracts of calendula officinalis flower, matricaria chamomilla flower & tilia europea (linden) leaf, glycerin, organic plant oils of carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond), helianthus annuus (sunflower) & sesamum indicum (sesame), vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), sorbitan stearate, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), phospholipids, ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), tetrasodium EDTA, panthenol (vitamin B5), allantoin, phenoxyethanol, xanthan gum, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, citric acid, limonene, linalool, citrus aurantium (sweet orange & orange blossom), anthemis nobilis (chamomile) & boswellia carterii (frankincense) pure essential oils.

on 8/16/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a generous sample size of this product in one of my month subscription boxes (sorry, I get way too many to keep up), and being a huge fan of organic skin care products, I was eager to give it a try. This consistency of this product (as its name implies) is thin and milky, and it has a light fragrance that is a mixture of frankincense oil and berry/grape juices. While I can recommend this for dry skin types, those with oily skin who wear a full face of makeup will find that this leaves too much residue to be an effective stand-alone cleanser. I used this as a makeup remover prior to cleansing my face, and will it DID remove all of my makeup (even my waterproof mascara and eyeliner), I feel like it's an unnecessary step that could replaced by my normal makeup wipes. I appreciated the travel sized sample tube, but I won't be purchasing the full-sized product.

on 1/14/2015 10:26:00 PM

This was okay, I used it with my clarasonic and it seemed to clean off my face makeup well. It wasn't over drying either. I liked the way my face felt afterwards. The smell was a little different. This is a maybe product for me.

on 12/19/2014 3:41:00 PM

I was hoping this would be my HG cleanser. I love that it's natural but it just did not work for me. It irritated my face within the first two uses. Sadly, I had to return it..

on 8/10/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm a huge neo-hippie (yes, I shave) and as such, am a worshipper at the Church of Alicia Silverstone. When reading about her, I found out that she once had a collection with Juice Beauty. "How cool", I thought, and moved on to Google this 'Juice Beauty', which I had never heard of, being then new to neo-hippiedom. I found its website, read that it is a USDA certified organic company, and became jealous that there was no way for me to purchase any of its products, living in a suburb that is far away from neo-hippie civilization.

I took my first trip to Whole Foods while in Indianapolis and went hog wild, spewing patchouli and coconut oil everywhere. Finding Juice Beauty, I of course bought it's 'daily essential', the Cleansing Milk.

I'm an acne-prone teenager with oily skin and as such, this did not do much for me. It certainly is not very deep cleansing and did not do much for my acne or oily T-zone. I can certainly see this product actually being detrimental to the acne skin demon battle. If you have normal or dry skin, this product may be good for you. It's semi-moisturizing. Maybe. For you.

It feels and looks more like a moisturizer than a cleanser and is extremely greasy. It leaves a residue on my skin, which is a huge turn off. I mean, it's a cleanser. It's supposed to be taking off the junk on my skin, not adding to it.

I adore finding new organic companies and love the idea of Juice Beauty, although I find myself less than impressed by its actual products. In terms of the cleansing milk, you might as well smear Dr. Bronner's coconut oil on your face. Of course, that would actually moisturize it and this did nothing for me.

There are better organic cleansers on the marker. Skip this.

on 5/24/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

UGH! Totally made me break out like CRAZY! I have a ton of blackheads and pimples, now. I don't know what it is that is aggravating my skin in this product, but it took about 2 washes to ruin my skin.

on 2/20/2014 1:14:00 PM

This is a good cream cleanser, but Cetaphil is just as good, and much cheaper. I do love natural products, but I don't think I'll repurchase this, it's just too expensive.

on 2/9/2014 10:41:00 PM

I enjoy using this product because I know it contains a lot of ingredients that are good for my skin. However, I do not feel like it performs its function as a cleanser very well because it leaves a residue on my face. I have started to use this product as a pre-cleanse before I use a harsh or abrasive product and that has actually worked out pretty well for me so far. As a pre-cleanse, I would give it four lippies, but as a stand-alone cleanser, this is probably more like two to three lippies.

on 12/8/2013 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This brand was brought to my attention at Whole Foods. I'm really enjoying the 3 products I bought. This being one of them. I use this every day and will most definitely repurchase!! It's wonderful for my dry winter skin and has really made a difference . The most creamy cleanser I have ever found. lol forward to using it. The texture is just right, the scent, and the fact it's made if juices. Removes my light makeup application as well. Will def be a keeper!

on 12/3/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

In the past there have been times where my skin care routine, couldn't be really called a routine. Routine would imply I stuck to it. My skin was doing it's cold weather freak out it does every year. Meanwhile the brand juice beauty had be brought to my attention, I'd been told how awesome the cleansing gel was. Well in the summer when my skin is oily, I'd probably go for that option, but now when my skin is ridiculously thirsty? Not so much. So I went out and purchased the cleansing milk, and wow. It smells awesome, leaves my skin feeling great, and it's 100% organic. This got me thinking, maybe part of the issue with my skin is the harsh chemicals and methods I've been using. Since then, my skin care routine has gone 90% organic/natural, and I don't recall my skin ever looking so good. I credit my skin to my routine, because yes, I love the stuff I use so much, it is in fact a routine now. If you have dry skin, and are looking for a refreshing, dirt dissolving great smelling cleanser, this could be a great choice for you . It was about $30cdn and I'm kind of going through it quick, but it's worth it in my mind. PS I've been using this for close to a month, so this is not a "I tried it last night" review...not a fan of those...

on 5/22/2013 12:07:00 AM

Ughhh. I really wanted to like this. Its got so many natural organic ingredients. i tried this when i was looking to switch from bar soap to a liquid cleanser for my face. this was part of the terrible process and a wasted $22. Ive since found a great cleanser, see my other reviews! Something in this formula just is not right. As other reviews have said, it leaves a film behind that feels not moisturizing but greasy. Yuck! My skin is dry so while this sounds like a good idea, it just doesnt work. I personally dont like any sort of film left behind from a cleanser. I wash to feel clean. I moisturize after Im clean and dry, thats how i feel best. Some people may prefer some sort of film left behind to save the trouble of moisturizing after. From the number of negative reviews of this wash though, i think it's just not working in this formula. the film felt kind of sticky and my face just didnt feel clean and got a bit congested with a few pimples. i stopped using it after several uses and used it on my hands as to not waste it. Theres also not much product for $22.