Philosophy Apple 3-in-1

3.8

on 5/20/2008 4:35:00 AM

I only felt so-so about this product. Nothing impressive, but not totally bad either. I tried using it as a shampoo for a while, but now it just sits under my bathroom counter, collecting dust. It may work better as a body product, but I think it is not useful for hair, at all.

on 10/25/2007 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is just okay. I like to have rotate shower gels, and when I smelled this in Sephora I loved how "appley" it smelled. The scent is dead on!

It doesn't, however, translate well into something I want to smell every single day in the shower. The lather is just okay- I typically use it only as a shower gel and to shave my legs. It isn't anything spectacular.

And after awhile, the apple smell gets to be a little too much. I prefer citrusy scents. I most likely will not be buying this again...

I love this. I use it for 2 of the 3 purposes. As a body wash, and a shampoo. The shampoo was actually an accident. I picked it up thinking that it was my normal shampoo, but then I realized it was my body wash. I scared that my hair would lose it's color (I dye it). It actually makes my red hair more vibrant. It smells wonderful. It makes my skin so soft, and guys love the scent. Perfect. I am definitely going to buy this product again.

on 8/16/2007 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the first product I have ever come across that really and truly smells just like a fresh, juicy apple! I can't get over how this smells just like a Red Delicious apple....it's quite remarkable how they were able to capture the exact scent. I love showering with this; not only does it smell wonderful, but the lather is great, too. The only problem? Well, it's not really a problem, it's just that when I use this, once I step out of the shower, I want to go eat an apple! If you like the smell of fresh, juicy apples, you must give this one a try.

on 4/24/2007 12:07:00 PM

Smells great but watery. I figured this was an ok bottle and used it only twice but when I read the back of it there was a warning that said: CAUTION: may cause urinary tract infection. When I read this I immediatly gave it to my husband. It has alot of dye in it so mabey thats what's unhealthy about it.

a delicious, true red apple scent! it foams up nicely as a shower gel or bubble bath but i have never used it as a shampoo (nor do i think that i ever will). it makes my whole shower smell like fresh picked apples. the scent does fade after the shower though so if you really like the fragrance, layer it with the matching body butter. overall, this is great pick me up in the morning.

on 3/23/2007 11:23:00 PM

This product smells really divine, i love that fresh sweet apple scent, and the smell does last. My only gripe is that it made my skin very dry and a little itchy after use for a couple of days. (I find this with all philosophy 3-in-1's.) Unless I paired it with a good moisturiser after, then I wouldn't buy it again. Though the smell is very addictive!!

on 3/15/2007 5:40:00 PM

this smells JUST like a fresh cut apple! it makes my mouth water just sniffing the bottle! it is amazing how wonderfully philosophy captured this scent! would buy again and again.

on 11/1/2006 8:32:00 PM

Texture - seemed normal enough on my palm, but did not spread well. (I don't have a tub and use it in the shower.) Left patches on my skin where the blob first makes contact.

Smell - Only thing going for it. Nice comforting cinnamony-apple fragrance.(Ironically this was a gift from my sister who complained she couldn't take the intenseness of the smell.)

Packaging - When the bottle is < half full and you upturn it the viscous nature of the gel makes it take FOREVER to reach the hole. So I attempt to squeeze the bottle to move things along, and due to the not-very-pliable hard plastic bottle it's difficult. Scared the plastic will crack! So resort to unscrewing the top entirely and let the gel pour out at faster rate...

on 8/31/2006 11:36:00 AM

Received a sample of this from Sephora. It smelled exactly like a ripe & juicy Red Delicious apple...until I used it in the shower. Once I drizzled it onto my wet shower poof, this pleasantly fragrant, crisp, juicy apple turned into a nasty, sour rotted apple.