July 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Special Healing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok I think I have been using this for about three years now...?!
I tend not to use it on pimple wounds as it didn't work for me and would leave yellow patches on my skin. INSTEAD I use it as a powder primer underneath my mineral foundation, after i've let my moisturiser sink in. What it does is wonderful. It tones down angry red imperfections and blurs pores and marks. It also completely mattifies my skin ready for mineral makeup application. It also keeps me shine free for way longer and helps stop new spots gettin uglyyyy.

I don't use the sponge as its AWFUL and spills product everywhere, and also makes application messy and cakey! Instead I lightly brush it on with a powder brush.

It lasts blimmin' ages so well worth the money!

Mineral makeup users - try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by twirlingbunny

This is a great product to use when you have been bad and popped a pimple and and oozing. It will stop the oozing, antibacterial properties, and dry up the spot. Wish I had found this years ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I LOVE THIS! After reading reviews, im bought this. It's perfection! Keeps my super oily skin matte all day, even while wearing a dewy finish foundation! I dust it on my face where I get most oily and apply foundation on top. A must try!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is a pretty great powder!

Does what is says and after applying this it's almost impossible to look oily.
I haven't been using it long enough to see if it's helped my acne, but i use this on my tone zone and it's kept my acne at bay with NO OILINESS. The only con is it doesn't really work well with makeup I find. Over foundation it's great especially as a setting powder but if I try to apply blush or bronzer it look's splotchy if I've applied this powder.

Definitely recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by emarieet

When you first apply this product you can feel your skin tingling from the sulfur in the powder. It greatly reduces the shine and redness on my face which is why I might get this again when I run out. I don't think it made a big difference in my acne which is why I'm not in love with it. This product is not a huge part of my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I bought this several months ago, and wasn't really too keen on it because it made my whole face have a green tint. I threw it into my makeup bin and kind of forgot all about it. That is, until last week when I realized that my current pressed powder was oxidizing and making me look like I had a mask on my face. I pulled this out and used a very small bit on a flat top powder brush to set my liquid foundation and it looked beautiful. It didn't look green as before, maybe I was using too heavy of a hand. I have noticed that my skin looks better. I don't know how to describe it, it just looks more fresh I guess. It hasn't irritated my skin which is a plus, and I think that because it is green, it works wonders on redness and helps to further conceal break outs. It does help with my oily skin as well. It's not a god send in that respect, but I have noticed that it does help a little. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by SuRu

For my first five or so uses of applying this on top of my foundation, I thought this powder was useless. No effect on acne or oiliness. It also has an unfortunate greenish tint which ruins any glowy/bronzed tint and even imparts a wan look. Not pretty. I almost threw it out until I tried one last ditch effort. STEP 1: apply powder sparingly after moisturizer has set into skin. STEP 2: apply foundation (I used liquid) on top of special healing powder, continue with blush, etc.

Something about the sulfur sitting directly on top of skin and in between makeup really made a difference for me. Plus the greenish tint neutralizes acne redness this way and I was surprised the powder didn't make my makeup cake. Foundation usually irritates my sensitive skin so the barrier is a bonus. I also happen to be experiencing pregnancy related hormonal cysts and this powder (along with De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment -best OTC acne treatment ever) is healing the cysts, so I suspect it would really help with less severe kinds of acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this HG powder except I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the packaging. I've got combo skin that tends to get oily around my nose when I get busy at work bartending. I used to have to carry oil blotting papers in my work apron just to take the oily shine away but after using this powder I find myself not getting oily at all and haven't had a need to use blotting papers. I use the powder on my t-zone after I apply my liquid foundation. I'm an nc35 so this yellow powder blends well with my skin. After I use this I apply my contour bronzer, blush, highlighter and then a finishing powder (either Halo or Fresh's face luster). I find that on days when I forget to use this my nose WILL get oily which means that this powder does really work. My main gripe with the product is that it is extremely messy and isn't very transportable since the powder goes everywhere. I just leave mine open on my makeup vanity, use a powder brush to pick up some powder in the canister and use the lid in an upside down position to catch the excess powder that I tap off. Don't even bother using the powder puff this product comes with since its useless. I highly recommend this to anyone who gets oily. It works wonders. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which seems like it won't happen for at least a year since there is so much product in the container. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Joya83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best powder out there! I use it over my make up and I don't get shiny or oily for at least 8 hours! And that's a miracle with my very oily skin! On top, it does not irritate your skin like some other powders do. Perfect for oily, acne prone skin, I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not too impressed, didnít really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!