April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - 3-in-1s

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PandaNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these. LOVE. So much. I have quite a few of these, and keep wanting more. I only use the food smelling ones. The perfume-y ones give me a headache and they just remind me of old women (my grandma loves Amazing Grace). I love food smells, I love smelling like food and sweets. I've never tried these as bubble bath, I have tried them as shampoo and hated it. They made my hair feel heavy, greasy, and stringy. But I love using these as body wash and shaving gel. I use these all over my body and it's so amazing. With some of them the smell lasts a little after a shower, but they fade away very quickly. The only thing I wish is that the smell lingered on the skin longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by wakabear

I started off with a small bottle I purchased online just to try the brand. And it was love at first sniff! Since then I have added 3 more bottles to my collection and they are all wonderful. They moisturize really well, and smell up the entire place when you use. Overall great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Amazingly delicous scents that are usually dead on with what they try to imitate. Somewhat moisturizing. Good suds.

CONS: Removes antiperspirant okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by girliegirl27

I used to hate these. HATE them. I've rediscovered these, and I refuse to look back. I think I have broken out from them before, but here lately, no...not at all. These are not the greatest for bubble bath, at all. I mean, if you like just a few bubbles...they're perfect, but someone like me...I like them in mounds. hehe. mounds. Also...another thing...the ones that say "high foaming"...yeah, they aren't so great for a bubble bath. I did a little experiment, and found out that the high foaming, and the other one...ultra rich completely suck at bubble baths. So...3-in-1's...not meant for bubble baths. imo. also, at shampoo's...they work as a shampoo, but if you want your hair to be thoroughly cleaned...which most ppl want...these won't work, but I guess if you're in a hurry, or ran out of your fave shampoo, they'll have to do. Guess that only leaves them good for shower gel/body wash. And they're great. A little too great. Nice little indulgence. If you really have been stressed, and need some pampering, these do the trick. I've stocked up on bath and body stuff, so I am good to go. If I weren't buying them for pampering myself, I'd totally give them as gifts. That's another thing they're great for!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by monicaphil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this 3 in 1 in Powdered Sugar Cookies & it is awesome. It have a slight citrus scent to it so that it is not too sweet, even my DH loves it. It is so convient to use especially when travelling. I love how using it as a shampoo leaves my hair clean & manageable. When I use it as a body wash I still smell it on my skin after I'm out of the shower. I ordered it when it was on special so the price was right for me. I might not pay full price for it, but it is certainly worthy of ordering during a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 12:26:00 AM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am posting in response to the unfortunate alarmist posting below. My bathroom has a dozen different Philosophy 3-in-1 gels, along with a myriad of other Philosophy products in it. I think that qualifies me to review these products, as opposed to just cutting and pasting spam-like messages in leu of a review, regarding Philosophy products. This is just a sad attempt to try to scare people. I believe there are plenty of message boards for this type of thing, so I would hope in the future, she would take this to a place designed for discussion and not a place designed for reviews.
I heartily recommend this product and hope no one takes the posting about Philosophy 3-in-1 products causing cancer seriously. Trust me, I'm an analytical chemist and there is no scientific evidence linking these products (parabens) to cancer. This is just a bit of ill-informed propaganda posted below. I <3 Philosophy and will continue to support this company through product purchases. I hope everyone else who loves Philosophy does the same, as we need to support companies with a strong set of ethics and great products.
And to keep on topic, I love Philosophy 3-in-1s. These shower gels clean without drying out my skin and smell great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's ironic and sad that this item contains cancer causing additives. Especially when so many American woman are using it, thinking they are doing their bodies good. But it's shameful that this product has ingredients that have been banned in Europe as harmful ingredients that actually can contribute to breast cancer!! Specifically -- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone (in all Philosophy 3 in 1 shower gels). I called Philosophy and asked them a simple question -- "Why?" They gave me a simple, yet unacceptable answer ----"that these two ingredients are at safe amounts in the product and considered 'GRAS' which stands for ~generally recognized as safe~ additives according to the FDA". I say --- "EEERRTTT' Wrong answer!! Why bother having them in there at all --- especially when it's in a product that is economically contributing to just the cause you are trying to erradicate! It's nuts! Crazy!! Mind boggling!! And just plain sad and disappointing. What's more -- Philosophy is a company whose name comes from a thoughtful mind process ~Philosophy~. As a company Philosophy's thought process is a mind, body, spirit connection and when you make this connection you are what they call a "Philosophy Girl". Having that empowerment to be smart, beautiful and informed. It's embarrasing to be a "Philosophy Girl," when you actually find out that their products can contribute to a America's uphill , devestating battle with breast cancer. It affects us all! It's like a cat chasing it's tail --- but human lives are at stake. ~~~~~

I remember the day I found out that Philosophy's products contained these awful chemicals. I was bathing in a bubble bath -- relaxing, rejuevenating, embracing my quiet time; when I looked over at the bottle of 3-1 and the names Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone jumped out at me!! I jumped out of the bath and showered immediately! I was really pissed off! I had been soaking in poison!! I felt BETRAYED and OUTRAGED by Philosophy! Never again. I read labels.... I share knowledge with my friends and loved ones. It will be women that erradicate Breast cancer by doing our part, as educators. United we can stand to erradicate Breast cancer for future generations. Be an educated consumer --- be an empowered woman! Be empowered with knowledge of what ingredients are being used in your health and beauty items -- and don't buy items that contain these things. In this day and age, we know what to eat to stay healthy -- we know that exercise is good -- and there is a mind, body connection to staying fit and healthy. So we indulge in beauty treatments that soothe our souls while cleansing our bodies; thinking all the while -- I am doing good for my body. Using this product -- you're just doing damage. And if you are like me and come from a long line of women who endured breast cancer you don't want to take any risks that are unnecessary. I cannot believe this product is still formulated with those cancer causing ingredients. What's worse is these chemicals are in their Pink Ribbon Remember Shower Gel. PLEASE don't buy it. Just write a check to the American Cancer Society instead. And do all women a favor and call Philosophy and tell them to remove those additives. It's not safe ---- otherwise why would they be banned in Europe? Thanks for reading this and be well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 12:01:00 PM More reviews by avocate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Um, yeah, I just do not understand the appeal of these products! They claim to be 3-in-1, but they don't work as shampoo and they don't condition hair. (I had a GWP bottle, and thought it would be great for travel because I could pack one thing instead of three. No! You still need to pack a separate shampoo and conditioner.) They are at best a 1.5-in-1 (shower gel and bath gel, which have so much overlap that I can't call that two separate functions). I'm not into foodie scents, but I understand that other people are, so that's fine. Artificial coloring, though? Red 40 in my shower gel that stains my washcloths and possibly my skin? No, thank you! And for a buck an ounce, these are just way too expensive for what they do. There are tons of nice-smelling shower gels out there for a third of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 9:55:00 AM More reviews by laineypsu

Very good stuff. The scents are hit or miss but that's just a matter of preference. BUT, these are not the multi-taskers that they are advertised to be since they make AWFUL shampoos. Christina Carlito from philosophy says they are the only thing she uses on her hair...my advice is to save your hair and get yourself a decent shampoo and conditioner, and use these for the great scents. Period.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have these in orange sherbet, raspberry sorbet, key lime pie and strawberry milkshake. I've had them for about year now and couldn't bring myself to use it for everything in the shower, until tonight! I used it (the flavor of choice was key lime pie) as shampoo, conditioner, facewash and bodywash, and I am thrilled with the results! Why didn't I do this before! As a facewash it completely leaves skin soft and it gently cleanses and removes makeup residue(like Cetaphil). As a shampoo it is much like Pert or Pantene 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners (which I adore, and for ref I have thick curly shoulder length hair and while not everyone likes shampoo/conditioner hair care combos, my hair and impatient nature responds best to them!) Now I'm excited to try new flavors besides the ones I have. These 3 in 1s are expensive but worth it. The big 16 fl. oz bottles are gorgeous, the pearlized liquid is beautifully and vibrantly colored, the scents are truly yummy, the recipes on the bottles are cute, and best of all: the product really works.