November 28, 2014 | 1392 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Heather Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Shadowglam11

I went into the store looking for Airy Fairy, and of course it was not there! But this beauty caught my eye so i picked it up and boy am i happy i did! This color is neutral on me and lining my lips in chestnut just makes it better! I'm not onto shimmery or frosty lipstick, but this frost is quite subtle and gives a beautiful color. It goes on smooth but has little staying power. Because its neutral, i dont mind. I love this color and will buy again. I think this will be a staple lipstick this summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I was just about to purchase "Paradise" until my fav cosmetics girl at my local Shoppers Drug Mart was honest and told me that my skin is too dark (I am Indian). I told her that I saw many others my color on youtube promoting "Paradise050"...but, she swatched my hand and was (as always) correct. I love Rimmel lipsticks. They are the only ones I will purchase. Coffee Shimmer was my color up until recently as I've been trying to branch out of browns to pinks and this was a nice transition indeed as it is pink but has brown / mauve-ish undertones. It is smooth, smells lovely, has about a 3 hour staying time (which is different for me as I am usually only a gloss girl). I will sport this in the day and keep it in my purse. I got the kind with the silver mid section, so unlike their "older" tubes, this one actually stays shut. I will re-purchase over and over again for years as I did their Coffee Shimmer. Rimmel always amazes me because it is sooo cheap, yet feels like a higher end product when it hits the face. I only paid $5.65 for this on sale (Canadian).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

This is what I wanted Revlon's Smokey Rose to look like on me!! A darker, neutral mauve-berry. Not a full-blown purple tone, but just enough of a hint to keep the cool-tones happy : )

Will be good for a "brainless" transition from day to night makeup, by just adding this lippie.

It's a little too dark for me to apply while at my desk (definitely needs a mirror) and could be too much for during the day or during the summer. But definitely a good fall and winter staple lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only really bought this lipstick out of curiosity! I know that it was very popular in the 90s and it was even my mums favourite back in the day (she's an Amethyst Shimmer woman now, lol). When I tried it on I was pleasantly surprised. On me it came out a muted wine/bronze shade with a subtle sheen. I think the colour suits me more than Airy Fairy which can sometimes clash with my pigmented lips. (For reference I have dark blonde hair, green eyes and a cool, fair complexion). The tube I got has the silver band around the middle. Compared with my other Rimmel lipsticks in the older packaging it manages to look almost sleek. I didn't realise just how chunky the old ones are! The texture isn't the creamiest but still pretty decent. I do find that Lasting Finish lipsticks can be quite drying after a while, so I like to pair them with a balm for comfort. It has quite a strong scent but I'm not that bothered about it. I think if you're feeling nostalgic then give this shade a go! Now I just need a spritz of Tommy Girl...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gorgeous plummy/bronze shade is HG for me. Looks fabulous with a neutral or daytime purple smokey eye (I say "daytime" because I blend, blend, blend to make sure I don't have a vampy, evening look for work). I have noticed that when someone takes a picture of me and I'm wearing this lipstick, it gives my face a healthy glow. I think that is due in part because of the sheen it leaves looks like a highlight in the center of my lips, especially the bottom lip. It's also a very moisturizing formula that never dries my lips out, and always applies smoothly. The price is right, although the packaging could stand to be a little less flimsy. But all in all, I'd recommend this to fair/medium ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticklilly58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this. Its kind of a brownish mauve. I wish I would have discovered it sooner. It has enough color for me and looks like it would match many colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow I'm happy with this. I've never been as happy with Rimmel as I've been with some other d/s brands (WnW, CoverGirl). But I saw this for 75% off at CVS and put the grabs on it. It looks great on me. "Heather" is the right word for the color. Kinda bronzey-wine. Sheer and buildable. But has plenty of pigment at one coat. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got Heather Shimmer for 75% off at CVS which was super cheap. I just had to have this color after looking at it in the tube. It is a pretty shimmery color and can be built up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got ‘Heather Shimmer’ for 75% off at CVS, so I’m guessing these are being discontinued. I had tried ‘Lasting Finish’ lipsticks (in ‘Bordeaux’, I think, & ‘Birthday Suit’) years ago and wasn’t too impressed, but ‘Heather Shimmer’ looked so pretty in the tube, and for that cheap, I couldn’t resist, and I like it quite a bit.

As others have described, ‘Heather Shimmer’ is a shimmery bronzy-pinkish-plum. One coat goes on pretty sheer and has kind of a ‘dry’ finish to it (which I guess helps give it the ‘lasting finish’). I make sure to apply some sort of balm first. I generally like colors like this and its flattering with my neutral-toned skin and auburn-brown hair. If I apply any more than one coat it looks much too bronze/brown on me, so I stick to one coat and it shows up on my lips the same color it appears in the tube. It definitely looks like I’m wearing lipstick due to the shimmer, but its pretty and neutral and goes with pretty much anything. The lasting power is fairly good, about 2-3 hours.

It comes in a shimmery deep plum plastic tube. I like the appearance of the tube, but I agree the cap doesn’t stay on very securely, and the tube is kind of ‘fat’ compared to other lipsticks I own. The packaging doesn’t make it the best for portability, but that’s just a minor annoyance. I am also not crazy about the scent/taste, its very sweet and candy-like. I prefer no flavor or fragrance in my lip products, but again, it’s a minor annoyance I can live with, considering I like pretty much everything else about this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Too dark in my opinion, has a nice shine, and is very moisturizing. To me, it's like a darker version of paradise. Just like paradise, I hate that the cap always falls of in my purse, and it's getting annoying cleaning them all the time.