August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Spa Wisdom Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for my dry patchy skin after I get out of the shower. Works a treat. Good for winter and summer and dries really quickly. I like the neutral smell as it's not overpowering. I also use this as a massage oil which works really well. I tried it on my hair a few times, but I thought it was a bit too heavy so will stick to Argan Oil for my hair.

Would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I *hearts* this product so much! I mainly use this for my hair, and then after application, whatever is left on my hand, I just massage the oil on my elbows and knees. With the 2-3 times a year of hair-smoothing treatments, plus the almost daily hair wash and home blowout (I live in the tropical region, so humidity, hair frizziness and strand dryness are now my daily nemesis urghh). Shampoos and conditioners for treated hair are barely helping, and plus Kerastase products on daily basis is also too heavy for my highly sensitive scalp and facial skin. Hardcore hair treatments and masks at salons are not enough (and too pricy!!) to do it on weekly basis, as by the middle of the week, the frizziness and dryness will just come back no matter what!

So this is what I do now, which is *wonderful* for my hair. Three times a week, before washing my hair, I would apply about a handful amount of this oil on my dry hair, but make sure to avoid as much as possible the top part of the hair strands and the scalp area. Leave the oil on the hair for between 30min to 2hrs, and then wash the oil off with Shiseido Tsubaki Head Spa Shampoo (the shampoo works great with my sensitive skin). It would usually take me twice of shampooing to rid the hair of the excess oil. End Result: Sooooft healthy hair strands, with the sweet, gentle, warm scent of Monoi oil. Luuurve it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this oil smells nice and made my hair soft. i used it on my tummy when i was pregnant to prevent stretch marks but it didnt work for that. you do get a pretty big bottle of oil. lasted me about 9 months. wouldnt buy it again as i feel it did nothing for my skin. but nice for your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've never liked the idea of oils on any part of my skin, so I used this only for my hair. I blowdry my hair everyday, so it's dry and frizzy. Even with moisturizer, it's pretty wild. However, I used this and it made my hair so much softer and tamer! I love it.

I actually poured the oil into a container with a spray (whatever it's called.. @_@ ) because I don't like pouring the oil onto my hands either, I feel that I can't control how much gets out. I like how even the spray distributes this product. I usually use 3 spritz, one for each side of my head and the back. A little really goes a long way. You only need a little bit to see results. However, you should take note that it actually weighs down your hair.

The smell is pretty okay too. I don't mind re-purchasing this again, but I would like to try one of their beautifying oils before going back to this. Just out of curiosity.. Cause I wanna see which is better =X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of after-shower body oil. Mostly because I'm too lazy for lotion, so a quick swipe of oil while I'm still damp from showering saves time and I don't have to wait for lotion to soak in.

This is one of my current favorites. It's a bit heavier than some other body oils I've used (like Neutrogena body oil) so a little goes a long way, which I like. The smell is gorgeous - like tiare flowers. (for the commenter below who said it smells like incense and sex on the beach - i'll have what you're having.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Jazziola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This oil I have to say is great for both hair & body! My skin after using it not only smells divine, leaves my skin silky smooth! I apply it straight after the shower so it all absorbs in... As for my hair I apply only on my ends as its an oil so you don't want your hair looking greasy and most importantly you only need literally a dab of it! Love this oil alot.. Thanks the body shop!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sparkz211

I have been looking for a good hair /body oil for a while after my Moroccan Oil stopped working. This was a great change and I don't think I will be going back. It smells great and absorbs quickly. It is great for people who get dry bumps on their upper arms like me. It's about $20 a bottle and a little goes a long way. I only need to use 3 to 4 drops for my very long hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know what is so Miraculous about this oil. The SA convinced me to buy this saying it was comparable to argan oil and I bought it without reading the ingredients list.

It's just a blend of almond, coconut and sesame oil with jasmine fragrance. And here, in India, I can buy all three oils (get pure oil extracted right in front of my eyes from the finest quality coconuts, almonds and sesame seeds) at a fraction of what this Monoi oil retails for here!

Now that I've bought it, I will use it up (as an overnight treatment) but once the bottle's over I'll go back to my preferred combination of coconut and castor oils which, IMHO really nourish and soften and hydrate the scalp and hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this oil. I was looking for a multipurpose oil I could use for hair and body and this oil is amazing for both. I love the smell, it's like incense and sex on the beach :) It absorbs quick enough and the scent isn't too overpowering. I love this oil definitely HG for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to be a big fan of TBS coconut oil hair shine, even kept one at home & one in office. By now, I got sick of it. This is a perfect substitute for my hair! i don't know what the intended usage for this product is, but it's a dream on my long, fine straight hair. just a pea-sized amount 'pushes up' my hair with some wave-control abilities. Otherwise, my hair would look flat & dry. It might smell like strong, indian-incense...but the smell doesn't remain. it served well on my hair, sometimes I use this to massage my feet too, absorbs well into skin. Great multi-purpose product.