November 27, 2014 | 933 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Light Self-Tanning Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by vleather

This WAS the best self tanner for the body I have ever used. I say "was" because it has now been discontinued. Quite why baffles me... Fortunately I found it on sale in Superdrug in my local town so I snapped up five bottles.
What I like,
-It is very moisturising
-The formula is very light so easy to spread
-It is not tinted
-Produces a golden tan - makes me look French!

I originally used the Dark version of this product but preferred the Light because it is possible to build up the colour and it looks better in photographs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I bought this at superdrug (£14.99 for any UK ladies out there!) I used it on my whole body, and was impressed at how silky smooth it left my legs. The colour developed quite quick, probably around 1 hour as stated on the packaging and it gave me a lovely natural healthy glow tan. I have quite tanned skin anyway so would buy a medium-deep colour of this in the future. I will continue to use this bottle up but to get a darker colour i would need to apply it a couple of times over. The milk was light and not oily at all, very pleased with it, would repurchase again in a darker shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only gave this a mediocre rating because I don't think any self-tans do the job right, but as self-tanners go this is excellent and deserves a higher rating really. I'm very pale so I opted for the Fair version of the Flash Bronzer milk, and this gives a good colour especially after two applications. You need to exfoliate and moisturise for a few days before applying to ensure no-streaks and even colour. Its a liiiiitle orangey, but then all self-tans are slightly orangey. Don't even bother with cheaper ones. But it sure beats the hell out of skin cancer and premature aging. People commented which is good, my mom said it looked very natural and that's good considering she's seen most of my self-tanning disasters! Its not too strong but noticeable enough, and moisturises well. I would definately recommend it, especially to pale people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 5:26:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this staple of mine. My sensitive skin is highly reactive to products so it has been a relief to find something I can use on my face without getting itchy. I bought this because it says it's for 'face and body' and I certainly didn't want to splash out for a seperate product for both. I use this on my face, neck and chest once a week all year round and the rest of my body in the summer (sporadically). The colour is perfect for my PPP/LLL complexion. My only problem - and this is something I have found with all fake tanners - is that it irritates my leg hair follicles a couple of days after use. I haven't yet found one that doesn't. But elsewhere it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I really love this self-tanner! At first the sales-man seemed really pushy, he really wanted me to buy the milk instead of the Tinted Leg Gel which i really wanted to get after seeing the positive reviews on MUA. I went home thinking `why did i let him push me around like that?` but once i tried it on my legs, the tan was SOOO nice! Unlike the sister brand L`oréal`s Sublime Bronze lotion which was horribly terribly disastrous (see my review for it), Lancôme`s dries super fast, there`s no oily residue and there`s absolutely no streaks or patches of uneven tan no matter how you rub against your skin after 20 mins! The color is not orange, very natural, light and buildable, and since there`s vitamin E, your skin appears to be sooo healthy and simply glowing! Yet there`s no shimmers (like Dior`s) which is the only flaw i think there is in this self-tanner. But i guess that`s a personal choice, so i didn`t deduct a lippie! :) But i must say that THE BEST part is that when you`re applying the pink (my fav color too!) lotion on the body, it smells SOOO nice like HONEY (i checked the ingredients after and there really is honey in it)! Also unlike many tanners which have that disgusting chemical smell indicating that the product`s reacting with your skin to produce the tan, Lancôme`s tanner really had practically no smell at all! The smell is barely recognizeable and instead of the normal disgusting smell, your body continues to smell like light sweet honey for the entire day! It was 36$CAD, more expensive than most high-end brands, but well worth it! Simply wonderful is what I would say, so go out, let the salesman push you around and grab a bottle today!!! lol :)