December 18, 2014 | 1551 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Apricot Natural Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by rootedinlove

This scrub is a great exfoliator. I will say that the grains are bigger in this product than other exfoliators, but it is not at all too harsh for my skin. It leaves my face feeling clean and smooth, and I do pair this product with Bioré's Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser. The apricot scrub helps open my pores and get the dead skin out of the way. I saw a big difference just after one use! Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I enjoyed the other facial scrubs of this brand, but not this one. It didn't seem to do too much cleansing, the scent was okay - but didn't remind me of fresh sweet apricots, and it was WAY more coarse than the other scrubs.

I'm seeing reviews that others use it as a body scrub. If I ever get another bottle of it, I will definitely try that out! It certainly feels more suited to a body scrub, not something to micro-exfoliate more sensitive facial skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I wish I read the bad review of this product before I brought it but anyway, there isn't any loss, I can always use it on my body. It is a really very harsh scrub for face, too harsh that it make my face red all over and too painful to scrub, although it does cleanse well but quite drying afterwards...I have always like their scrub, tried the mint and the cocoa butter one before and it's good, they are all a fine and gentle scrub (depending on your strength in using it but for this you have to scrub feather lightly), and I don't like the scent, it's a harsh chemical apricot smell just like the scrub itself. Once finish, I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I cannot count how many tubes of this product I have used over the years. I will say first off that I do not use this on my face .

** I use it as a body scrub. **

For that it is No 1 ,5 stars and fantastic. Nothing comes close for me.
It exfoliates perfectly and leaves my entire body smooth .I use it 3 times a week as an all over body scrub.

The smell is a wonderful fresh apricotty watery type scent and I love it. My son loves the smell too. If they bottled this into a fragrance mist I would buy it !
Price point is excellent ! Queene Helene products are good and very easy on the budget too so I can use as much as I want without feeling the pinch too much .
I buy multiple tubes and hoard them . Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After using this product for a few days, I almost threw it out. I was itching like crazy. But before throwing it out, I decided to try a little experiment. I decided not to use any type of facial cleanser for one day. I still itched. I finally realized that I was itching because of the mineral pressed powder I was using, and not because of this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this cleanser is not irritating at all.
At first, I was not too sure about the apricot scent. But I like it a lot. Other reviewers have commmented that the particles in this product are too big and overly harsh. I do not agree at all. I think the particles are just the right size. This product washes off very easily and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It also does not make my skin feel tight the way so many other facial cleansers can. I actually look forward to using this cleanser in the shower. I also love that it only costs $4. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see very little difference b/w this and St Ives apricot scrub. In fact, if anything I like the St Ives formula better. The concept is the same - a gritty mechanical exfoliant (walnut shells) in a creamy base, same scent too. However, St Ives has more ground up shells which I need in order to achieve some kind of exfoliation. I have very stubborn dry patches and not particularly sensitive skin so I can really scrub before it gets irritated. For gals with more sensitive skin - perhaps you would like this better. I will not be repurchasing this again bc it does not rid me of my rough patches, or my upper arm KP bumps, and on top of that it doesnt feel like it rinses "clean." If I ever do decide to try a scrub of this kind in the future it will be St Ives - at least that one is cheaper.Besides there are so many store many store kock-offs now that it doesnt make this product worth the $4 or so that it costs.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the Queen Helene (QH) body range, and after trying out the pomegranate facial scrub which was too harsh for my skin, I thought that I would give this one a go, but it is too harsh for my cheeks and not harsh enough for my nose. The scent is nice and "apricoty" and the grains are the right size.

I got mine from a local afro hair and beauty shop in south east London for 4 pounds (GBP). In comparison to St Ives the QH version is far more gentle, and does not contain any unnecessary preservatives and the range seems to be moving towards removing parabens and silicones from the range.

Hurrah Queen Helene!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really strong scrub. If you aren't gentle it can be really harsh. It also has a tendency to be slightly drying and leave me red after I use it. But it does work, my skin feels smoother after and you can just tell from the abrasiveness that it's working. Also, it's cheap, not elusive to track down, and it has a bit of plant extracts.

I would have gave this a 3 except some of the micro beads DO NOT go away... they don't dissolve! After splashing my face with water or wiping it off, I keep finding ones over and over. Highly annoying. And it happens every time too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 4:06:00 AM More reviews by meezteeh

Great product! I alternate between this and the Prescriptives one, and I find that I reach out for this one more often. I love the scent, and my face feels smooth afterwards. And you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by woman81

I love this product! I first tried this out on a visit to Sally Beauty Supplies about 2 years back. Being new to the states, I wanted to make sure I knew where all my local hot spots were for cosmetics and skincare. I used this for about 3 months and when I went back to London (my hometown) I was told that my skin has never looked so clear. After my scrub finished I replaced it with St.Ives invigorating cleanser (as the Queen Helene brand was nowhere to be seen in London) as also has little gritty bits which could work as a scrub (although maybe not quite as large as QH). Don't get me wrong, St.Ives is lovely however, I prefer the Queen Helene scent over it anyday. Almost immediately after I used the QH scrub I notice a glow to my skin. I use this in conjunction with C+C deep action cleanser now. I tend to use this in the shower every morning, making sure I never rub into the skin but just ever so gently move my palms in a circular motion while it touch the surface of the skin, and then finish off with the C+C so that it really cleans deep down.
Since my teen years my forehead has always had little tiny zits that never really come through but you know they're there! I don't know whether it's because of the QH scrub or the jojoba oil I've been using as a moisturizer but for the first timer ever I have a smooth forehead!!! It's such a lovely scrub, and for about $2.50 with a delicious apricot scent you can't go wrong!Try it!