Queen Helene Apricot Natural Facial Scrub

3.4

Not tested on animals

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow I was blown away by this product. Before using this, I used Ocean Salt by Lush and it worked well, but all it did was make my face soft and smooth. And it made my face feel a bit dry after a while. However, this apricot scrub makes my face feel soft, smooth, tight, and hydrated. A little goes a long way. I'll be buying a case of these from now on.

This scrub is a great exfoliator. I will say that the grains are bigger in this product than other exfoliators, but it is not at all too harsh for my skin. It leaves my face feeling clean and smooth, and I do pair this product with Bioré's Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser. The apricot scrub helps open my pores and get the dead skin out of the way. I saw a big difference just after one use! Will repurchase.

on 1/3/2014 11:40:00 PM

I enjoyed the other facial scrubs of this brand, but not this one. It didn't seem to do too much cleansing, the scent was okay - but didn't remind me of fresh sweet apricots, and it was WAY more coarse than the other scrubs.

I'm seeing reviews that others use it as a body scrub. If I ever get another bottle of it, I will definitely try that out! It certainly feels more suited to a body scrub, not something to micro-exfoliate more sensitive facial skin.

on 12/18/2013 5:47:00 AM

I wish I read the bad review of this product before I brought it but anyway, there isn't any loss, I can always use it on my body. It is a really very harsh scrub for face, too harsh that it make my face red all over and too painful to scrub, although it does cleanse well but quite drying afterwards...I have always like their scrub, tried the mint and the cocoa butter one before and it's good, they are all a fine and gentle scrub (depending on your strength in using it but for this you have to scrub feather lightly), and I don't like the scent, it's a harsh chemical apricot smell just like the scrub itself. Once finish, I won't repurchase.

on 5/12/2013 12:25:00 PM

I cannot count how many tubes of this product I have used over the years. I will say first off that I do not use this on my face .

** I use it as a body scrub. **

For that it is No 1 ,5 stars and fantastic. Nothing comes close for me.
It exfoliates perfectly and leaves my entire body smooth .I use it 3 times a week as an all over body scrub.

The smell is a wonderful fresh apricotty watery type scent and I love it. My son loves the smell too. If they bottled this into a fragrance mist I would buy it !
Price point is excellent ! Queene Helene products are good and very easy on the budget too so I can use as much as I want without feeling the pinch too much .
I buy multiple tubes and hoard them . Love it.

on 5/4/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

After using this product for a few days, I almost threw it out. I was itching like crazy. But before throwing it out, I decided to try a little experiment. I decided not to use any type of facial cleanser for one day. I still itched. I finally realized that I was itching because of the mineral pressed powder I was using, and not because of this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this cleanser is not irritating at all.
At first, I was not too sure about the apricot scent. But I like it a lot. Other reviewers have commmented that the particles in this product are too big and overly harsh. I do not agree at all. I think the particles are just the right size. This product washes off very easily and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It also does not make my skin feel tight the way so many other facial cleansers can. I actually look forward to using this cleanser in the shower. I also love that it only costs $4. I will definitely repurchase.

on 11/2/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I see very little difference b/w this and St Ives apricot scrub. In fact, if anything I like the St Ives formula better. The concept is the same - a gritty mechanical exfoliant (walnut shells) in a creamy base, same scent too. However, St Ives has more ground up shells which I need in order to achieve some kind of exfoliation. I have very stubborn dry patches and not particularly sensitive skin so I can really scrub before it gets irritated. For gals with more sensitive skin - perhaps you would like this better. I will not be repurchasing this again bc it does not rid me of my rough patches, or my upper arm KP bumps, and on top of that it doesnt feel like it rinses "clean." If I ever do decide to try a scrub of this kind in the future it will be St Ives - at least that one is cheaper.Besides there are so many store many store kock-offs now that it doesnt make this product worth the $4 or so that it costs.

on 7/10/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like the Queen Helene (QH) body range, and after trying out the pomegranate facial scrub which was too harsh for my skin, I thought that I would give this one a go, but it is too harsh for my cheeks and not harsh enough for my nose. The scent is nice and "apricoty" and the grains are the right size.

I got mine from a local afro hair and beauty shop in south east London for 4 pounds (GBP). In comparison to St Ives the QH version is far more gentle, and does not contain any unnecessary preservatives and the range seems to be moving towards removing parabens and silicones from the range.

Hurrah Queen Helene!!

on 12/22/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a really strong scrub. If you aren't gentle it can be really harsh. It also has a tendency to be slightly drying and leave me red after I use it. But it does work, my skin feels smoother after and you can just tell from the abrasiveness that it's working. Also, it's cheap, not elusive to track down, and it has a bit of plant extracts.

I would have gave this a 3 except some of the micro beads DO NOT go away... they don't dissolve! After splashing my face with water or wiping it off, I keep finding ones over and over. Highly annoying. And it happens every time too!

on 3/29/2009 4:06:00 AM

Great product! I alternate between this and the Prescriptives one, and I find that I reach out for this one more often. I love the scent, and my face feels smooth afterwards. And you can't beat the price!