Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm

Petrolatum, Beeswax, Lanolin, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Strawberry Flavor.

So happy I bought this. Vaseline Lip Therapy is my usual go-to lip balm, but it can be a touch sticky. This balm, on the other hand, has zero stickiness but offers great soothing and moisturizing benefits! Huge tin, not too expensive, and does a great job! Smooth it onto lips and it will blend in with a truly balmy texture. Incredibly effective and comforting.
I had used the minted rose before, the taste was really unpleasant for me, but this Strawberry one is great! Top marks other than being in a tin versus a tube.

I used to use this product way back when (but I preferred the original rose-scented balm). I remember that this did a good job of moisturizing, but the more I used it, the less moisturized my lips felt. Ditto for the original rose-scented balm. Eventually, I gave up on using them because I found other balms that did the trick for me long-term, like shea butter and beeswax-based lip balms. One great use that I found for this balm was atop a dry lipstick- this could literally revive dead lip color.

Love the retro look and the strawberry flavor is just right. A good bedtime lip treatment.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I used to avoid petroleum based lip balms like the plague, but during winter they are the only balms that actually work for me, so I bought this one and the minted rose one in a 2 for 1 promo. They are both brilliant and really keep my lips soft during the extreme temperature changes of winter (cold outside and warm & dry inside with the central heating). This one contains lanolin, which I absolutely love as it really works on dry & cracked lips. The scent is a very artificial strawberry and I don't like that it's a very light pink colour, which makes my lips look lighter than they are. I actually like the minted rose one more but because I have a newborn baby I use this one more at this moment (don't want to get mint on a baby's skin...).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Since my early 20's, I have developed an allergy to a great majority of lip products. Additionally, I have very dry lips. I eventually found out that I could use Vaseline without causing my lips to blister and flare up (my lips also flare when they're dry). Since then, I have been using Vaseline. It's amazing but it gets so boring because it's so plain. Then one day, I found this strawberry lip balm at Sephora and to my amazement it only had petroleum and flavor. With such simple ingredients, I bought it and was very happy to find out that I am not allergic to this balm. Not only it smells so good, but it also moisturizes very well without the need to re-apply often just like your good ol' Vaseline. It's a bit expensive, but it definitely stands out among other lip balms due to their simple short list of ingredients and its use of petroleum. I have been using this for 2 years or more and I have been re-purchasing this.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is hands down my favorite lip balm. When I was taking Accutane, this was the only thing that helped my dry lips. I prefer the strawberry version to the traditional and mint ones as it's a little less shiny.

The tins stay sealed really well and I like re-purposing them for pills or other products like coconut oil once I've finished them.

You will like this if you like the kind of lip balm where you use your fingers and apply generously. If you're more into finger-free application, it does come in a tube.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The strawberry in this is quite strong and tastes a little artificial, but otherwise is quite delicious! I got this in the "lavish layers" trio and think the trio is a great set.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love the lip balm in the tin! Better (for me) than the other Smith's rosebud salves that come in tin or otherwise. More moisturizing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product does exactly what a lip balm should do: it hydrates your lips and keeps the moisture for a long time without you having to reapply. The product quality is outstanding with such a reasonable price.
I usually use it at night and wake up in the morning with beautifully soft and smooth lips. Highly recommended!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this lip balm! I use it as my night chapstick/balm and I wake up in the morning with beautifully hydrated lips! I buy the tin at Sephora for $7 and it lasts forever. I use it every night, without fail, and I can get a good year/year and a half out of it. AMAZING product!

Popular Lip Treatments