July 29, 2014 | 2044 users online

Loose Powders - Lancome - Colour ID Loose Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

So I used this product for years as I found "translucent" powders to leave a white cast, and this coloured powder suited me better. It is basically a brush with a cylindercal squat clear handle filled with powder that dispenses into the brush with sharp downwards motions. It matches well, doesn't go on too heavily, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or break me out, and mattifies. The main cons I have found though is that the brush continually sheds, the lid gets these hairline cracks radiating down the sides and then won't stay on (this has happened to every single one I have owned, which would be at least 10), which makes it tricky to keep in your handbag for touchups, it has to go into a little makeup bag, you can't clean the brush without ruining the powder, price and Lancome's whole animal testing thing. For these reasons I am looking for a new alternative, but overall it is still a pretty good product - if they could just fix a few of the cons it would be pretty close to perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by isylu423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

soooooo nice! leaves my skin shine-free, soft, and looking amazing! also, it has a very nice light smell...and it's sooo portable! and, i don't need a mirror to touch up. wonderful wonderful product---will definitely buy more---even though this seems to never run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

Love this. I have oily skin and this product does help keep shine at bay, which I didn't expect it to do. It goes on silky and blends in perfectly with my foundation (I wear Teint Idole Ultra). The applicator is pure genius...works well and is very portable. Like all Lancome products, this powder is obscenely overpriced for the amount you get (in my opinion), but I'll definitely repurchase because it is so high-quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2006 8:07:00 AM More reviews by chayster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in neutral 1. It's a very sheer and light powder. And like others have said, you can't see that it's there - which is just what I like. I stopped using this and tried MAC Select Sheer Powder in NC40 thinking that the MAC one would be better. I much prefer this one. Very natural and does help with shine. AuD$60 for 3.5 grams is expensive but I think it's worth it. Would def buy this again. Also love the packaging :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by lkferg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder! Have problem with breakouts and combo skin. This powder does not look chalky and gives your skin a lift. I actually got this in a little bit darker tone because of the winter blah skin and it blends so nicely. it is a little hard to get out but I do like the application and feel it is such much more hygenic than using pressed powder. Actually took the time to try their matte pressed powder which the sales girl was recommending but it looked chalky this colour id just made my skin look soooo much better. i knew it was a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sarka

In a word: WOW! I have to oiliest skin in the word and this is amazing at keeping it under control. It looks flawless and feels so light. I would recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by prudence_m

All the great things everyone has said here don't come close to how wonderful this is. This is EASILY the most useful innovation in cosmetic packaging in the last 5 years. I am normally a pressed powder girl simply for the sake of convenience and whilst I have had brief flirtations with other brands, I have always returned to Lancome's range, as they're simply the finest, silkiest, most invisible powders money can buy. I would have willingly used their loose powders based on the quality of their pressed ones alone but to be blunt, I could never be arsed with the whole rigmarole of the separate brush and pot carry on. Now I can have the flawlessness of pressed powder without having to lug around an entire makeup bag AND it's even easier and quicker to use than pressed!!! And the finish? Goodbye shine, goodbye pores, hello soft, even, luminous glow. You can even put it on without a mirror with confidence because the colour is always perfect and it will NEVER cake, settle or make you look like Barbara Cartland, no matter how much you put on. I loved it so much I bought my mum one for Christmas and now she's hooked too. This is BEYOND HG. Go straight to your nearest Lancome counter and beg like a dog for this. Now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykavita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I will NEVER purchase another powder compact AGAIN! This product ROCKS! I'm mid-thirties, large pores, some fine lines, and this product, does not settle or clmmp into wrinkles, or pores, so you never look overdone. Just flawless. I love this product. Wish the powder would come out easier, and yes, wish you could wash the brush, but I'm sure you could unscrew the cap, wash it, let it air dry for about a week, (just to be sure), and screw the cap back on. I won't be re-purchasing again, only for the simple fact, that I have so much loose powder already, that I can always just refill it with something I already have in my stock (er, makeup closet).

Hey Lancome! How 'bout repackaging this product with it's own Carrying case, as well as a built-in mirror on the cap. Huh? Sounds like a winning idea to me.
Send the kickback commissions to me!
Or making a holiday frosted highlighting powder as well, in a sleeker all black, or metallic case. Hurry up before the drug-store companies steal your Color ID powder concept.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tulsatheta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok... I am going to be the lone one who won't buy this again! The other reviews give a great description. It's a very light loose powder suitable for nixing the shine, but that's about it.

After not too many weeks in my purse, the cap has cracked and now falls off all the time.

I thought that this light of a powder would be enough for my skin, but I think something a little more substantial would be better for me.

It's a great concept and very convenient, if it didn't break. Also, since the bottom screws off, you can refill with whatever powder you like! I've considered refilling with another type of loose powder, but, again, the cap is broken :( That also might be a good way to wash the brush, but I haven't looked into that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a fab idea - really convenient, easy to carry and easy to use. Fantastic packaging too, fits neatly into your handbag. Texture of powder is fine, finer than MAC's, mattifies well with no powdery build up if you apply a little too much (I find this happens with most powders I've used). Extremely light formulation that looks very natural and cannot be detected. Excellent product, very impressed. Admittedly the brush can't be washed but as long as you keep the lid on it shouldn't pick up too much bacteria.