August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Pugsandkisses

Aveda is hands down one if the best lines I have used on my hair and this is no exception. The Damage remedy line is superb for conditioning and detangling. The shampoo I don't like as it makes my scalp flake but the conditioner/mask and this little gem are fabulous. After rinsing my hair I leave it up in a towel for about 5-10 minutes then just run through a teaspoon of this. It allows me to finger detangle my hair with minimal chance of breakage. I just find that this arts as a sort of 'guard' on my long hair and keeps the condition tip-top until next wash. This works very well for me but may not for others- it depends on the original state of your hair. Mine is long, fine but a lot of it, good condition and not dyed with minimal heat usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by NShoreD

Although expensive, this conditioner works for my wavy, coarse, highlighted hair. It really makes it feel soft and manageable. I was really surprised that it made damaged ends of my hair feel and look stronger. I use this conditioner about once a week, and use the damage remedy shampoo and conditioner (as well as other shampoo/conditioner combos). I've used so many different shampoos, conditioners and products through the years and this one really works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this from the Aveda salon after my haircut because I wanted to start a natural regime. I've used it many times, before styling or just letting my wavy hair air dry. I have not noticed any difference. It smells nice, it is light but just does really do anything. My hair is not damaged, just has dry ends that this product does not help. It makes hair softer, that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by zeusandcoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since using Aveda's Damage Remedy Treatment the massive chunks of hair that would clog up the drain and that I'd pull from my hair when I was using Dermorganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque have stopped completely.
The smell is divine and if you can be bothered leaving it in for a few hours your hair will be super soft, however I just use it twice weekly for my regular wash and it does a great job. My hair has been bouncier and softer and have had far less split ends ever since converting, and although a little on the pricey side for the sized bottle you get, I still think it's worth it. I've had my bottle for about 6-8 weeks and it still isn't empty, with my hair at about my shoulder blades.
The packaging is really pretty and 'earthy' with an easy squeeze bottle, no pumping or shaking the bottle upside down to get the product out, this bottle has a nice little nozzle at the end to ensure you've got complete control over the amount of product that comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

I have repurchased the 500mL 3 times now over 5 years. I use up one, try other stuff for a few months then go back to this. This is very rich and overuse or not rinsing properly does weigh hair down but every week or so is great and does make a difference to the condition of hair. I have straight, layered asian hair, coarse and porous.
Aveda is not cheap but buying the large sizes makes the price reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. This was handed down to me from a friend of mine, I use it whenever my hair is feeling a little brittle. It does an amazing job making hair feel soft and healthy. I have pretty fine hair and I find this stuff doesn't weigh it down, unlike a lot of other products I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure what it is about this product but, it does not agree with my hair. It leaves my color treated, medium texture, curly hair feeling even more rough and dry than before.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Miaasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Curessence which was really amazing stuff. My hair grew to so unbelievably thick and healthy that I really would stop "is this my hair?" People would stop me and ask if it was my hair too! It would just bounce with body and was healthy in every way. I'd never seen my hair like that healthy & long. I was sooooooooooo soooooooooo upset when Aveda discontinued Curessence. I bought as much as I could and even any last bottles from E-bay and stretched it out by watering down until the last drop evaporated! And there went my hair care routine evaporated too. I was that upset - that it took me ages to even consider trying this. Well I'm glad I eventually did/ was forced to once my hair went back to straw and started to break off. Well my my hair is back in town stronger than ever and once again soft healthy. I'm getting a smooth texture I never ever experienced before. I was even doing half head comparisons with other products - to try and disprove that it really is this product working as well as it is. I feel and see the clear difference as soon as I apply it. NOTHING gets my hair this soft, smooth and detangled - it's like I'm discovering a completely new head of hair. The increase in my hair strength is absolutely evident. I can't say it's expensive because you get what you pay for - quality - and a little really does go a long way. For me no other products has delivered results anywhere even close. As far as packaging I wish is that Aveda went back to glass. But as far as this product - it really does what it says on the tin/ tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Jmeela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As someone who use to work for Aveda, I can tell you that this treatment and Blue Malva conditioner are the only two products in the Aveda hair collection that actually work for me. This treatment works especially well on highlighted hair. Many may not see results with this treatment unless they are letting it sit for at least 20 minutes before washing it out. I usually leave it in my hair over night and wash it out in the morning. It always ensures a great hair day! I will always have this product in my collection!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive but WORTH IT. Makes hair sooo soft. I use it about once a week.