November 27, 2014 | 1109 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by conceal4ever

This is a bit pricey, but it definitely works. I have dry, coarse, asian hair and very few hair care products work for me. Aveda has been my go to line of hair care products for a long time, I've been using their shampoo and conditioner for 12 years now. In the beginning, I was using this treatment in place of conditioner 2-3 times a week, following the instructions on the tube, which says to leave in for 2-5 minutes. Even using it briefly as a replacement for my conditioner before work, it made a huge difference in my hair. My hair felt softer and stronger. But over the weekend at the salon, the aveda stylist suggested leaving it in for 1-2 hours. Last night I was snowed in and left it in my hair for 2 hours and this morning there was a huge, dramatic difference. Unlike Moroccan oil treatments, I didn't get the shiny, glossy effect from this treatment, instead my hair felt substantially stronger. Every strand of hair felt stronger, my dried ends were smoothed out, and my hair just looked healthier (darker with more depth). I feel like this has a longer term impact that oil treatments. I think this is going to be my HG hair product for the coming winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by KLynn88

Seriously life changing! I use this stuff on Sundays for soft, shiny hair all week. I have fairly long, pin-straight, non-colour-treated, silky-textured hair. This works so well in my hair, and doesn't wash off greasy like I've found many masks to do. I don't think I'll ever not have this in my shower now.

Don't let the name fool you. This mask is suitable for all hair types, not just damaged. I don't have particularly damaged hair, but I'm growing my hair long and don't want to get it cut... so to keep my ends healthy I use this for maitenance. Works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Several years ago, I had severe damage to my hair due to highlights, and overuse of a flat iron.

When the stylist blew dry my hair, couldn't believe the magic this restructuring treatment worked in my hair. My dry, brittle, fried hair looked and felt soft, healthy and shiny.

Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment smells like a medical wound center, but I would use it once every one to two weeks, so I didn't have to deal with the smell on a daily basis.

I have since moved to a nearby town, and for convenience sake, found another salon to make my six to eight week pilgrimage. It is not an Aveda Salon, so if my hair is seriously damaged again (hope not!), I will probably order this product online or find a local salon who sells this wonderful treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by shimmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brilliant results! My long hair, for years, has been brittle and coarse. I don't colour or overheat it but using Aveda Remedy Restructuring Treatment has made it so much smoother, healthier and stronger. I use it in conjunction with Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturising Oil and suggest you do the same if you're looking for the same results.
I will never stop using this combination, ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Pugsandkisses

Aveda is hands down one if the best lines I have used on my hair and this is no exception. The Damage remedy line is superb for conditioning and detangling. The shampoo I don't like as it makes my scalp flake but the conditioner/mask and this little gem are fabulous. After rinsing my hair I leave it up in a towel for about 5-10 minutes then just run through a teaspoon of this. It allows me to finger detangle my hair with minimal chance of breakage. I just find that this arts as a sort of 'guard' on my long hair and keeps the condition tip-top until next wash. This works very well for me but may not for others- it depends on the original state of your hair. Mine is long, fine but a lot of it, good condition and not dyed with minimal heat usage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by NShoreD

Although expensive, this conditioner works for my wavy, coarse, highlighted hair. It really makes it feel soft and manageable. I was really surprised that it made damaged ends of my hair feel and look stronger. I use this conditioner about once a week, and use the damage remedy shampoo and conditioner (as well as other shampoo/conditioner combos). I've used so many different shampoos, conditioners and products through the years and this one really works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this from the Aveda salon after my haircut because I wanted to start a natural regime. I've used it many times, before styling or just letting my wavy hair air dry. I have not noticed any difference. It smells nice, it is light but just does really do anything. My hair is not damaged, just has dry ends that this product does not help. It makes hair softer, that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by zeusandcoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since using Aveda's Damage Remedy Treatment the massive chunks of hair that would clog up the drain and that I'd pull from my hair when I was using Dermorganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque have stopped completely.
The smell is divine and if you can be bothered leaving it in for a few hours your hair will be super soft, however I just use it twice weekly for my regular wash and it does a great job. My hair has been bouncier and softer and have had far less split ends ever since converting, and although a little on the pricey side for the sized bottle you get, I still think it's worth it. I've had my bottle for about 6-8 weeks and it still isn't empty, with my hair at about my shoulder blades.
The packaging is really pretty and 'earthy' with an easy squeeze bottle, no pumping or shaking the bottle upside down to get the product out, this bottle has a nice little nozzle at the end to ensure you've got complete control over the amount of product that comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

I have repurchased the 500mL 3 times now over 5 years. I use up one, try other stuff for a few months then go back to this. This is very rich and overuse or not rinsing properly does weigh hair down but every week or so is great and does make a difference to the condition of hair. I have straight, layered asian hair, coarse and porous.
Aveda is not cheap but buying the large sizes makes the price reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. This was handed down to me from a friend of mine, I use it whenever my hair is feeling a little brittle. It does an amazing job making hair feel soft and healthy. I have pretty fine hair and I find this stuff doesn't weigh it down, unlike a lot of other products I've tried.