October 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by h3llokt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. I bleached my hair a few years a go (from brunette to bleach blonde, back and fourth twice!) and my hair is still recovering. I was feeling so helpless...hair wasn't growing, super split ends, etc. Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner brought my hair back to life. I use the shampoo too, butI the conditioner is what made the real difference. Just ran out the other day and used a different conditioner for the first time in a few months, and I swear I can see my split ends re-surfacing. Time to buy some more ASAP!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Npandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! This is the only conditioner I use. I have very fine, thin hair so I use this on simi dry hair just on the ends.it smells nice and doesn't leave my hair heavy and oily like most conditioners. My ends seem to be in better condition since I have been using this. I can't say the change is earth shattering but, it has helped.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I found this to be a really bad product. It does nothing for my thick, dry hair. Every time I use this my hair turns out so rough and unmanageable. There's literally no moisturizing at all. No slip either, it takes forever for me to detangle with this conditioner.
This is from their Damage Remedy line and while my hair is in pretty decent shape these days, I heat-style it regularly and it's color-treated also. If there was a damage scale where virgin hair is a zero and bleached, fried, breaking-off hair is a ten- I'd say my hair is about a three. It can be smooth and soft and swinging if I use the right products, and it can be dry and crunchy and unruly if I use the wrong ones. This is one of the wrong ones. Not only will I not buy it again but I will not finish what I have left.
This is expensive- spend your money on something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Does not condition my dry, heat damaged hair. Together with the shampoo this has not improved my hair but made it rougher and easier to break.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product I thought it was a complete waste of money. I used it on dry hair (fine, very tangly) and it didn't do anything at all no matter how much I put on.
Then I moved it to the bath tub and I use it after shampooing (no regular conditioner). I wash my hair, and spread a tiny bit right after before using a towel. It does a great job at conditioning if used this way, it's much easier to detangle hair.
But if you have a lot of hair and coarse, I can see it not being very useful.
It's very pricey for the amount you get.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is such a rip off. There is nothing special about it, and it does not do what it claims. I have 2C type,wavy, thick, coarse, damaged, colored, dry hair. I used this product as well as the shampoo. Not only did it not fix the damage, I think it made it worse. The product build up of this stuff is off the charts, and I NEVER say things like that because my hair is so dry that it usually drinks up most damage re constructors. Well, not in this case. It really bothered me how much I paid for this stuff and how awful it was. A cheap and MUCH more effective alternative is Yes To Blueberries Health Hair Repair Conditioner. It's new. It's cheap. I love it. Aveda's overrated and overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by shylen8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product helped my hair a ton! My boyfriend thought that I went to the salon after I used it, and he's oblivious to everything. My hair has been through a lot of processing and is very fine. This conditioner does not make it lifeless and limp, only gives it a more healthy appearance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by kalzangdrunma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. My hair is very long (about 24+ inches or to my waist), coarse, curly, and dry. (I am a woman of colour.) Even though this conditioner *is* expensive, it's one of the best I've ever used. (It's been difficult for me to find *any* hair products that work well with my hair.) I use it relatively sparingly: two to three times a week. It lasts me a long time. I find that it helps to moisturize and protect my hair. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by zofiaarodriguez

I love the product, the shampoo and conditioner make my hair feel amazing BUT it is SOO expensive I'm looking for another product because it costs more than its worth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I like this conditioner, but don't like it enough to spend money on it. I'm currently using samples of the shampoo, conditioner, and treatment from the Damage Remedy line after seeing an ad for it in Vogue. I like that it's barely scented (probably from the ingredients) and it has a thick gel-like texture. However, I don't believe that it can truly "repair" split ends - at most it probably strengthens your hair shaft to prevent future damage, and if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably get better results from eating better and taking vitamins or biotin. That said, there are other hair care items from other natural plant-derived lines that are more affordable and get the job done just as well as this Aveda line (EO, Avalon Organics to name a few - I also like Phyto, which is at about the same pricepoint as Aveda). Not to say that the Damage Remedy line isn't good, it's just that there are cheaper alternatives out there and I didn't find this to be particularly strengthening or repairing for my hair. For reference I have fine, slightly wavy, non-color treated hair.