Estee Lauder Tender Blush - Nectar

on 5/4/2008 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is the perfect peach for me. it's a muted peach, so it's not too bright (eg peach nuance), but it still shows the gentle peach flush for a more sophisticated look. it's not entirely matte as it has a bit of sheen/shimmer. you can also layer on for more intensity. it is also so smooth to apply and easy to blend!
i also purchased rosewood, but that did not suit my skin tone, not warm enough for me, but good for my paler mother. she says it doesn't dry out her skin like some powders do.
i have medium toned south east asian skin - so i'm yellow toned. for reference i use shiseido O60 and EM winged butter and golden-medium.

on 5/14/2007 10:42:00 AM

Out of two powder blushes I own, this is a favorite; the other is Nars Zen. I agree with reviewer below that this is a great peach glow for those who don't usually do 'blush'. It's peach without veering on pink, and great for yellow-olive medium skin like mine. The shimmer isn't noticeable, although I prefer matte finishes.

on 5/31/2005 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have dark tan, yellow based skin and this looks great, gives a nice peachy glow. The color darkens from yellow to darker peach and I sometimes use the yellow as a highlight, even though it is very subtle on my dark skin. Even though I don't blush "peach" naturally this gives a very natural looking flush and I use a lot for daytime, too subtle for nights on its own. Do not notice any shimmer and love the larger compact mirror.

on 5/15/2005 11:45:00 AM

I have a light-medium yellow-based skintone and this color complements it nicely. I would describe the color as a peach with slightly copper tones to it rather than pink. It looks slightly shimmery in the pan but I don't notice the shimmer when applied, although it does appear to have a nice glow on the cheekbones. It is a decent quality blush that applies smoothly and blends easily. I would definitely purchase this again. It comes in a attractive compact, but is on the large side (you can see your whole face in the mirror) for those that might prefer smaller compacts.