July 29, 2014 | 1940 users online

Crème - Sacha Cosmetics - Creme to Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by trinichic28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, I have used many different foundations in the past and this one is so easy to use. Because this is a cream to powder, after i apply this product it sets in place and lasts all day. i live in Trinidad and usually other brands of foundations slip off my face or have creased midday. Currently i am on my third container. The price is Ok i pay $60 TT for a compact and it lasts me approximately 6- 8 weeks of daily wear. I agree with the review that said they do leave a brown stain so becareful how you use.

As for the reviews that say its cakey, i would disagree. It depends on what you use and how you put on foundations. I use my beauty blender, there is not a lot of product wastage as it doesn't use a lot and applies beautifully. I have used the mac nw 43 studio fix powder plus foundation and i prefer how the sacha product exactly matches my skin tone.

As a side note, Sacha Cosmetics has also been the official brand of cosmetics of the Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss Trinidad and Tobago, Miss Guyana, Miss Bahamas and Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageants and i can can totally see why.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by kc3angel

I have been wearing this foundation for about six months now (I haven't worn it as often lately because I no longer need to). However a few things I've learnt about this product.

1. It offers great coverage and it lasts throughout the day. I purposely don't touch up and take pictures at the end oft he day, just to see how it looks at the end. While it doesn't look as though you just put on foundation, you still look well put together.

2. However, It does rub off unto your clothes even when the fix-it spray is used. So extra precaution should be taken. I am actually surprised that it stays throughout the day despite the rub off.

3. It must be applied with a light hand. When I initially bought the product (which is the only cream to powder I've found that matches my skin tone), I used to use it heavily, thinking that is how it should be worn. But after some weeks of experimenting, I realized that it can and should be used lightly. The coverage is still great. Quite frankly any product that you use too much of, would give a cakey look.

I use this foundation for my everyday look and it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by 6000girl

This cream to powder foundation worked perfectly for me because i have oily/ combination skin... i like the fact that i can put on a little as concealer on the days i don't feel like wearing much makeup and on the special occasions i wear it on my entire face and get the coverage i need. It lasts all night long and people are constantly asking me how come my makeup is still in tact! I have never been able to find a match for my skin as perfectly as this... i love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Makarone83

Ok ill explain:
Sacha Cosmetics is from Trinidad West Indies (I know im currently living here) obtaining things in this country is very expensive, so corners are cut ALWAYS
Being that Sacha is a relativley inexpensive brand of cosmetics here, thats usually why people buy it. Also it is one of the VERY FEW cosmetic brands that offer testers in this country.
With that being said:
The product is not good. It is very heavy (which for some reason women in this country love that), cakey, settles into pores/wrinkles has the absolute WORST FLASH BACK when photographed with regular cameras especially for med/dark to dark skin tones
Customer services in Trinidad is virtually NON EXSISTENT which would explain why their customer service is so bad
Its very dull and does not blend nice at all

Really and truly I could on about this company. I took what was called a makeup course from them and I was horrified, I didnt even finish it. They said I was the first person who asked for their money back.

Bottom line:
If it works for you FANTASTIC however for most people there are way better selections of cosmetics out there other than this company

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Belle2012

This is a great foundation for my yellow undertoned skin. i have olive skin it is very oily. I wear NC45 for reference. This stays on VERY WELL. I don't even have to reapply any powder during the day! :D just use oil blotting sheets. The coverage is light to medium which is great for everyday wear. I wear MAC studio finish concealer in nc42 to cover up any imperfections and apply this cream foundation over it. blends well...cheap at around $10...and great for everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by petalb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great foundation that can provide coverage ranging from sheer to full. I have oily, acne prone skin so I use it mainly as a concealer, but on those special occasions when I want full face coverage, I use a damp sponge to apply a sheer wash over my entire face then go in with my concealer brush and cover my spots and blend with foundation brush. I then follow up with setting powder.

Point to note, never use the applicator that ships with the foundation, it is truly awful - on the good side, the crappy applicator is the only bad thing about this product. I couldn't give it a 5, because it is slightly inferior to Sacha's Kamaflage Foundation, which is, in my humble opinion, the best foundation of all time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jacnqt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to comment on all the negative reviews about Sacha's customer service. They must have improved their CS over the years b/c I have had an excellent experience with them so far. Just last week I ordered the foundation tester kit as I've been trying for-ev-er to match my American-Okinawan complexion.

First of all, I rec'd my tester kit in 2 days so obviously really quick and just now I rec'd an email follow up (pasted below) which I think was really nice of them to do. I did in fact find an excellent match (hallelujah!) and plan to order as soon as I'm done with this review. Until now I was very happy using foundation from Zhen (after trying like every DS brand and MAC and Armani) but being a cosmetics junkie :) I've still been looking for a better match and I believe I have found it. The creme is a nice consistency and is buildable and I like it better than the foundation stick I tried from Zhen which was difficult to apply - it was too thick or sticky or something and didn't spread evenly.

So anyway - if you are thinking about giving them a try don't be scared away by the negative CS comments. Here's the email I rec'd just moments ago:

Thank you for purchasing a Sacha Foundation Tester Kit.

I hope that you had the chance to use the tester to identify the shade of foundation that perfectly matches your complexion.

We would love to get your feedback. If you have any questions or comments whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact us: 1-877-558-2198 (Toll Free) or email us at sales@sachacosmetics.com.

Regards,

Online Customer Representative
Sacha Cosmetics

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Queridaphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

The thing is I don't use this as a foundation. If I did, I'd surely have a case of the mask face. As a concealer, though, this stuff is the business. I'm a C7 in Studio Fix and use cocoa beige.

I first buff my face with Coastal Scent's silica powder, follow with Earthen Glow's Cover me in Robin (I think), then spot treat with this. After brushing a bit more silica on concealed spots and spraying with my homemade Fix It type concoction, I look pretty great.

The lesson here, use this as a concealer. Otherwise you're bound to look cakey and made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Aradhana

I've never tried the foundations but I LOVE Sacha's powders.

I first heard about this line from my dad, after my mom mentioned to him that it was hard to find make up for my skin tone. ( I am mixed black and asian so I have a funky yellow brown think going on)

My family is from Trinidad so I usually stock up when I visit. One compact is about $5 USD and the compact refills are about $2 USD with the conversion. I usually get half of my stash in Perfectly Translucent for the winter and the other half in Warm Beige for the summer. ( For reference I wear Classic Bronze in the Cover Girl Queen Collection) I also get a few Ultra Matte Medium to stop the mega shine in my T-Zone.

Sacha's color range is AMAZING! Even MAC could learn something or two from them. However, I would never purchase Sacha in the US. The prices are def a rip-off. My advice would be, if you can, to send in an order with a family member or a friend or the family member of a friend who visits Trinidad or other places in the West Indies frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Qcat

Good for oil control and it doesnt break me out therefore i will continue to use this until i find somthing better. I took off one lippie cause i wish the colour was a little better match but its pretty close....the only product that has been an exact match is prescriptives warm antelope and that made me oily. Will continue to purchase