City Cosmetics city lips

3.6

on 1/27/2015 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a CityLips lover for a couple of years now. I've tried all the colors as well as the clear. And I have been very happy with it. The gloss was thick but not sticky-- that magical combination so difficult to find. Plumping but not irritating, and it REALLY stayed on. Great for my wrinkly old lips. It has always been kind of expensive but if you sign up for their emails there are frequent 50% off deals.
So why the two stars? Well, my friends, it appears City Cosmetics has gone the way of so many others and cheapened the quality ( not the price) of their CityLips formulation. With my last order I found the texture to be much MUCH thinner-- less plumping, WAAAY less staying power. Big ,obvious differences-- I might as well be putting lip balm on. So sad-- I really loved their product, but not any more, and won't be repurchasing.

on 6/8/2014 12:27:00 PM

The packaging is deceptive. You get very little product in the tube-type container. Much too high a price for the amount of product you receive.

on 11/11/2013 7:24:00 PM

This product caused an allergic reaction that has made my lips sore split and peeling over and over. City Cosmetics will not take it back si I am stuck with an overpriced product that didn't do anything as promised.

on 7/9/2013 2:17:00 PM

Okay, so I am a super busy mom...and mom=broke bc there is always something to pay for....softball, summer camp, day care, karate, etc. etc. etc....so usually, the kiddos live lavish while mom looks like hell.

So I decided to splurge and buy something for the baggy eyes and while I was @ it, I took the opportunity to get the lip treatment.

I am really a minimalist. I don't like to look super made up...I just let the natural, God-given looks shine through...however a sore spot for me is that my upper lip is smaller than my bottom lip and they just don't match. So, in a crazy attempt @ evening them out, I applied the plumper to the upper lip and just smooshed for coverage on the bottom. It kind of worked and both lips were super shiny and defined...not just puffy like collagen gone wrong.

I am not a big spender when it comes to certain things that don't seem to be an outright necessity for a working mom that I can get cheaper elsewhere. BUT I will pay for quality...if I know something works and works well and it does a better job than the lower priced competition, I will spend the $ and this is something I will buy again.

Oh and my eyes are much brighter and vivd too...not sunken bags anymore!! I feel like these help time @ least stand still...even if it can't move backwards! ;-)

on 6/1/2013 2:03:00 AM

I've used this before and it's a good plumper--not amazing but pretty effective. What I don't like is that the company has obviously paid people to write reviews on this site. Almost all the 5-lippie reviews below sound like advertising, and if you look at the reviewers' "other reviews" there are none...these people are coming to the site purely to promote City Lips. Boo.

on 6/1/2013 1:50:00 AM

I never tried a lip plumper before this one. I never thought I needed one since I had really big lips, but after using this product I'm addicted. Every time I wear it when I go out people literally stop me to ask me what I've done differently as I look nothing short of amazing. I'm pretty sure it is just the extra spring in my step that I have when I use this product. After all, nothing is sexier than confidence!

Also, I love to pair it with Beso by Stila. Seriously, every time I wear it on a date I never have a problem getting the guy to pick up the tab! ;)

on 5/6/2013 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried the lip plumpers of Lip Fusion, Sally Hansen, Dior, Too Faced, Yves Rocher, Art Deco, and Victoria's Secret. City Lips's products not only THE best at giving volume to lips, but also THE best lip care product I know.

It definitely gives volume, much more than other brands' products. The colorless, nude one gives more volume than the colored ones. It's not sticky for a lip gloss. And one of the best effects is that this is the only lip gloss that actually made the lines on my lips disappear.

Is it expensive? Obviously. But considering many brands' products are equally expensive and have no effect other than giving color and moisturizing the lips, City Lips worth the money you give for it.

Seriously, try it and see for yourself.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the Clear Advanced Formula for at least 8 months now. I started using it because I've heard it's really moisturizing and the product I was using before seemed to dry my lips up after awhile.

When I first applied it, I had a mild warming sensation, but it didn't feel like a tingle at all. It went away after a few minutes. My lips turned red and I could feel a little bit of plumping. After a few days, it seemed like my lips stopped reacting to the product. I kept using it because I like the moisture it was giving me.

I was applying a few times a day and I kind of forgot it was even supposed to plump them up. I wasn't even paying attention to the size of my lips. Probably at the end of the first month (almost right on 30 days like they said) I noticed my top lip had been plumped up and was now the same size as my bottom lip! As I examined them, I noticed that they really were more "cushiony" than before. Nothing super dramatic, but a nice effect.

Now I ONLY use City Lips on my mouth and I apply it several times a day and before bed. I look back at old pictures and I can see that my lips really are bigger and more full. I never really had lips to speak of but now I consider them one of my better features. They feel healthy and soft. They are smoother and definitely bigger. I even got my mom and a few friends hooked on it. I think the key really is patience, to let it do it's thing, and applying it regularly. It worked for me.

on 4/27/2012 9:26:00 PM

I used this and I couldn't be happier! After 3 weeks a lot of the lines on my lips have dissipated and they are much plumper! I might have even got the 3 millimeters they show on their news promo video. I'd recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like it in the dark pink, but it rocks anyhow, better than the brand dirty girl, NYC colours, Maybelline,prestiges - maxi lip Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) Buxom and Moxie lipglosses guarenteed and pro mised fullness from using overtime NYX, Sally Hansen, Lip Infusion, Two-Faced - Lip Injection or Lip Injection - extreme (biggest rip off) Clinique, MAC and DooWop lip venom, which was better than most of them Lip Inflation - Sallen Hansen and other lip plumers, I got instant results overnight I was shocked, it was very expensive, and i like these better than any other lip-plumpers i've tried, rip-offs, this citylips one, no stinging sensation, it's like a regular lipgloss and it's pretty much also almost getting real lip injections (lip-fillers) and collegen.Iapply and I'm happy with the results, I wear clear also. My friend gave me them for a birthday present, purchased them online - internet, because they aren't yet on sale in the market, but they wil be soon, hopefully so, I hope so, citylips rock, they really give us what they promixsed, alsoby reading other results I'm not going crazy, it worked on others too as well, a few minutes for alittle results, it took a month for full results for me

Popular Lip Treatments