August 20, 2014 | 1466 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Beyond Color Lip Recovery Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would buy this again because it stays on for a long time and does moisterize. My only gripe is it comes out of the tip all gloopy at first-too much product. Plus the color I got was more coral than rose, but oh well. I know matching from the brochure can be hard to do. It's a decent gloss.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by geekgrl

I just tried this for the first time so I'm not sure how well it works over time but the smell to me smells like urine. It's very odd and it turns me off. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kellirc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It has a light feeling, but also protects your lips with spf 15. It does not have a sticky or gloppy feeling. It also has a very light sort of citrus smell. I really like the packaging also. You twist the end to get the product into the brush. I got this on Ebay for 3.49.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2005 6:20:00 AM More reviews by dingdang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in golden rose, which is a neutral baby pink (they advertise it as cool), that made my lips slightly lighter. This is in fact a cream, not a jelly-like gloss. For it's soft texture, it has decent lasting power. Unfortunately, like with most avon lip products, I noticed the initial baby pink color started turning more and more orange on my lips. I didn't mind, this time, because I was expecting "golden rose" to be a bit warm anyways. This looks fairly natural on me, as the sparkles are barely noticeable, and it does not give off much of a glassy shine. Will buy again in another color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The initial sale price at 3.99 made this easy to try, full price is 8.00. The product is smooth without being tacky or thick like typical lip gloss, and manages to be surprisingly long lasting. I also find it very moisturising, and used it for overnight application.(and could still feel it on my lips when I awoke!) My gripe with the stuff, is the same one I find with all Avon lip products- the color pallette is wholely lacking in sophistication, and difficult to divine color from brochure or web site. I tried this in Peachy Cream (which is much deeper,more tawny than shown, and like every other avon shade in the nude/brown family, too orangey? just off in a way that never looks authentic on me), pink charm (wich lists as cool, but I think more nuetral-warm, a salmony coral that looked the best of all on my warm toned skin)and golden rose (this came out too cool on me, despite the presence of gold) The shimmer effect in the product is subtle and has no gritty feel to it. THe colors are sheer, so fairly forgiving for cool or warm complections anyway. The applicator is the twist the end and a plunger pushes the product into the brush type. My experience with these has been that metering product is difficult, resulting in too little or too much gloss dispensed, but this one is better than many. Definately will re-buy, even at full price. UPDATE: Boy this stuff ran out fast. I would not buy at full price, and not at half price unless new colors come out that are better. I'm bringing my overall rating down to 3, since colors may be fine for you, but just not compelling enough for me. Also found the packaging to be an ass-pain ultimately- just give me a doe foot on a wand.