October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Long and Strong Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This conditioner just didn't work for me and my hair needs. I felt it didn't add enough moisture or hydration and left my hair feeling dry and course. Afterwards I'd have to pair it up with quite a bit of leave-in conditioner to ensure my hair felt soft, tangle-free, and shiny. I finished the bottle, but won't repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kip54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG shampoo/conditioner, I always come back to it and didn't really realize how nice it was when I was growing my hair out the first time and had some other decent shampoos in rotation. This year I got 'bayalage' highlights which trashed the ends/underneath of my fine hair and at the same time picked some shampoos/conditioners that did not work with my hair at all (Loreal Everstrong & Alba Botanica). Frustrated with spending too much money on products that seemed to make my weak/tangley hair even more broken and tangled, I picked up a bottle of this and was impressed by how shiny, soft, and not-tangled my hair was after. Looking back at pictures from a few years ago, when my hair looked especially nice I was using this shampoo. I'm on my second set of bottles now and will not be straying again. I really thought I'd have to cut off a few inches after the highlights but my hair condition is so much better now that I just got a normal trim. I can't really say if it actually make my hair STRONGER, that seems like a big claim, but the lack of tangles and just general overall condition does help with growing hair out and it certainly seems stronger.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Mimi9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the WORST conditioners I have ever tried! I had no more conditioner left (a nightmare for curly hair), saw this one at the 24 hour store I was in and gave it a try. Big mistake. It left my hair feeling waxy, gross and dry! Not to mention from one use, 1/4 of the bottle was gone as I have thick hair and this "conditioner" has a water like consistency. As for whether or not it makes hair long & strong, well I won't be using it long enough to find out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

As you might be able to tell from my reviews, I'm a Garnier Fructis ho. The scent is one of my favorites - I wish they made lotion and soap. I have tried almost every single one of their products trying to find that perfect blend of scent and performance. I've been growing out a pixie cut for the past year or so and I bought this thinking it would help me along. I reviewed the shampoo...it was godawful. It made my hair so tangly and it fell out when I tried to detangle. I had to use tons of this conditioner to get it to detangle. This conditioner is ok, not nearly as bad as the shampoo but not worthy of repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best conditioner I have tried for my hair. I do believe it helps strength my long hair, because less hair falls out in the shower now. Most importantly, it conditions it so well! It's perfect for every other day use, and I use a deep conditioner once a week. Smells wonderful also.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have long, fine, thin hair that's not chemically treated. I bought this when my hair was dried out from cold weather plus damaged from overuse of a blow dryer. I really liked this. It super moisturized my hair without weighing it down, and it didn't build up. This doesn't have dimethicone, which is why I bought it. I avoid dimethicone because it builds up easily in my hair, making it look stringy and gross after a couple week's use. I originally bought it to deep moisturize my hair after protein treatments. I would glop this on, let it sit for half an hour, and my hair felt great. Then I started using it as a daily conditioner, I'd use a small amount on my ends. However, I stopped using it when it started to get hot and humid in the summer, it didn't seem to work that well for me anymore during those kinds of months as a daily conditioner. I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my favorite conditioner out of the entire Garnier brand. I just liked what it promised, and wanted to believe in it.

But really, it didn't do that much, and just kept the frizzies away, and my curls stayed the same. It grew the same, and split the same, and stayed damaged, all the same.

Ah, high expectations!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

It is a pretty good conditioner, smells good, and it's dirt cheap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this during the summer when I was trying to get my hair to grow longer. I purchased this along with the matching shampoo. This conditioner is just ok but its beter than the shampoo. While using this I did not see any benefits added to my hair, my hair was not any stronger and it was still a big frizz ball.I dont know maybe it wasnt left feeling stronger because I stopped using the shampoo after just one use since it was horrible. The cap is also a bit hard to open in the shower.I use a different conditioner now and use this to shave.Overall its an average drugstore conditioner but ive found better conditioners that are from the drugstore as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by puremoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this conditioner! i can't believe it took me this long to write a review. i've been using this for years. i like to switch up my shampoos, however i'll always be reaching for this conditioner. it leaves my hair silky, smooth, just the right amount of moisture, and full. plus, it smells delish :)