September 19, 2014 | 1179 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Long and Strong Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do love the scent, how well this lathers up and how clean my hair felts afterwards, but it was leaving my hair feeling void of moisture and dry. This shampoo gave me results like a clarifying shampoo as it stripes your hair clean, but doesn't moisturize. I was initially using it as my regular shampoo (I typically wash my hair every three days), to a once a month to give my hair a deep clean. I finished the bottle, but won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo smells absolutely great! But sadly it left my hair with that stripped feeling I hate. Honestly, using this shampoo made my hair feel strong but I just hated that squeaky clean feeling. I no longer relax my hair so I haven't bought it in a while but I do recommend it for anyone who wants an affordable shampoo that smells great and keeps the hair strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ccorre60

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product quite a bit and absolutely loved it. However, I don't think it actually made my hair longer or stronger considering I straightened my hair a lot when using it.
The price is great considering the size of the bottle and it does have a nice smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kip54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG shampoo/conditioner, I always come back to it and didn't really realize how nice it was when I was growing my hair out the first time and had some other decent shampoos in rotation. This year I got 'bayalage' highlights which trashed the ends/underneath of my fine hair and at the same time picked some shampoos/conditioners that did not work with my hair at all (Loreal Everstrong & Alba Botanica). Frustrated with spending too much money on products that seemed to make my weak/tangley hair even more broken and tangled, I picked up a bottle of this and was impressed by how shiny, soft, and not-tangled my hair was after. Looking back at pictures from a few years ago, when my hair looked especially nice I was using this shampoo. I'm on my second set of bottles now and will not be straying again. I really thought I'd have to cut off a few inches after the highlights but my hair condition is so much better now that I just got a normal trim. I can't really say if it actually make my hair STRONGER, that seems like a big claim, but the lack of tangles and just general overall condition does help with growing hair out and it certainly seems stronger.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by alexia2893

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is somehow my hair savior! cos when i decide not to go to the hairdresser's to let my hair grow, i use this shampoo to give back some life to my hair! & err didn't know that it was meant to make hair grow longer? but anyways, love it! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by akansha

horrible shampoo
I am facing SEVERE hair loss thanks to this ........
those who are looking forward to use this think twice
there are many better shampoos in the market say dove , pantene any one but NOT THIS

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jter391

I used this in high school and loved it. Now? Not so much. I really think they reformulated it and now it causes me to break out all over my scalp, neck, chest and back. It was so embarrassing! It also did nothing for the fall out. It used to be much better about that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

No matter what else i try i will always have a bottle of this in my washroom. For years, this is my goto shampoo all year long that won't bother my sensitive scalp and love the way this smells. The best thing is this always go on sale and i'm able to buy a regular size bottle for 2.99 cd. The only bad thing about this is my hair is just a little big flat when i use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own probably 10 Garnier hair products. This shampoo/con combo is the only product I've found so far that did not work for me. It dried my hair out and I had a lot of breakage. I tried it 4 or 5 times just to see if it was something else in my hair care routine--it wasn't. Another review said there was probably a name change. I think they updated the packaging as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for length and strength, probably a name change from long and strong. It's an okay shampoo, it does its job, but it's nothing impressive. I do like the Garnier line though so even though I won't repurchase immediately, I'll try out another Garnier shampoo when this one runs out.