November 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Dream Time Temple Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so surprised at how well this works. It definitely calms my mind, something I struggle to do most nights. Dream Time has a very herbaceous scent, which wouldn't appeal to everyone. I'm going through a bit of a lavender phase at the moment though, so I quite like it (although I wouldn't wear it as a perfume, it's quite medicinal). I rub it onto my wrists so I can sniff it as I'm falling asleep like a reviewer mentioned earlier, and on my collarbones. I've tried in on my temples a couple of times too without any bad effects, but I'll probably avoid this as my skin is acne-prone and sensitive on my face. As for it being discontinued, the shop girl told me that it's only the solid perfumes, not the temple balms. I can't find any of the solid scents on the Aussie website though, so only time will tell. I'll be sad if it is discontinued though, because it really helps me get to sleep.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by PerfectPicture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product - it lasts ages and really helps me fall to sleep quickly and a longers, better quality sleep.
It's now been discontinued. Gutted :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful. Great to relax and help you sleep. Very similar to Dreamtime Bath melt. Bathe with a French Kiss, Waving not Drowning, Dreamtime Melt and Oh La La, and then put this on. Slip into a wonderful lavendar sleep.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was way too greasy to use, but the smell was very comforting. I can really smell the lavender and natural oils that were used. This was definitely not for me. I ended up using it to moisturize my legs and then tossed it in the garbage. Lush has way better products than this item.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Smelled a bit too strong for my liking, blocked up my throat and gave me a headache. Didn't help me get to sleep because I got a bit nauseous from the smell.
It works for lots of people though. And the usage is pretty decent for the size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Sophaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

100% love. For a couple of months, I've had a very bad sleep pattern, which has resulted in feeling constantly overtired, like a small (grumpy!) kid! As tired as I am, my brain just won't switch off when I get to bed. I finally remembered to stagger into town and buy this tiny tin (perfect size for bedside, or travelling). The scent is gorgeous, lavendery with lemony hints. I applied to my temples (just a tiny bit) and wrists, lay with my wrist on the pillow in front of my face, and I swear I could feel my brain going, "Ahhhh!" My mind just slowed right down. My husband was still wide awake (again, a la small child). After plonking a wrist in front of his face and mumbling, "Shutupsmellwrist..." he went all quiet and sleepy! We were honestly stunned at how strong the effect was (either that or a Lush employee snuck in and doped our tea). For the first time in ages, we both woke up at 6am this morning and were able to get up without any snooze-button-bashing, and I have actually spent an entire day NOT feeling like a zombie for the first time in ages. I'm all excited about going to bed now....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

My rating on this fell right in the middle. On the one hand, I really like the scent of this product. It smells like Lush's Dreamtime bath melt- an herbal lavender. It's a great bedtime scent. On the other hand, the formula for this temple balm is thick and greasy (I think petroleum based?), so I feel like I can't really put it on my temples or I'll break out. In fact, I'm very careful about where I put this stuff- wrists and behind the ears, mostly. This seems like a breakout waiting to happen. If this was something I could actually use the way I was supposed to it would get much higher ranks from me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2005 10:51:00 AM More reviews by sunniva

Like the other reviewer, I was so excited to have another Dreamtime scented product. But, I can barely smell this! I was hoping to use it as a solid perfume - but I'm not even sure what this product is for, since I can barely detect a scent, even after I've used quite a bit on my temples, wrists, etc.
I may try Into Thin Air, or Dream Cream, Schnuggle, just looking for a body product I can use after soaking in a lovely Dreamtime bath, and this is defintiely not it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

Fabulous product! It's probably my fave lush item because it smells identical to dreamtime bath melt! It is a creamy balm that you rub on and the smell is so relaxing and wonderful. Buy some today :) I cannot say enough good things about this product and the only downside is that it is very small, the size of a lip balm container.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by DCJPFan

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I heard that a Dream Time temple balm was going to be released, I was very excited. I was hoping that it would smell just like Dreamtime bath melt, the scent of which I adore, but that its sleep inducing qualities would be far more superior, since the bath melt never managed to lull me to sleep. Once I received this, I was delighted to find that it does in fact smell exactly like Dreamtime bath melt. However, I've been using this every night now for a few weeks with no results. I've used it on my temples, on my wrists and even on my lip, right below my nose so I could smell it better before falling asleep but to no avail. It doesn't matter if I'm very sleepy or not at all, this temple balm simply makes no difference. Like I said before, it smells lovely, but not strong enough to be used as solid perfume, like some other LUSH temple balms, so I'm not sure how to use this in the future. I will definitely not be repurchasing this one.