October 2, 2014 | 1841 users online

Fragrances - Montale - Intense Tiare

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by fleurissante

I adore this scent. A true tiare with nothing added. It is very sweet floral and on my skin there's nothing fruity to it. It is very intense - it wears a long time.
It comes in an aluminium bottle which is not very elegant looking, but it is the best way to store the fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Ordered a sample of this from Lucky Scent. Tried this one because I love the smell of gardenias. Unfortunately, this turns sweet and fruity on me. Smells like a pineapple-scented candle that a young girl in high school would have burning in her bedroom. For me, this one is a pass.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by shelju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I love everything Montale (even those that don't work for me) They just do what they do very well. This is a lovely tropical scent. As expected of this house, a high quality well blended coconut, tiare flower and vanilla. Ideal for year round use. However, this is an exact but much more expensive COPY of the 1975 Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiare! I have the CSP and I'm very happy!! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Putting on this fragrance makes me feel like I'm soaking up the sun at the beach with flowers in my hair. Monoi oil is one of my favourite scents in the world, and Intense Tiare smells like monoi oil's more sophisticated older sister. Within the first 15 minutes of application, the fragrance has an almost green edge, probably due to the jasmine. However, the jasmine quickly takes a backseat and the tiare and coconut milk come to the forefront creating the most perfect, warm, creamy, elegant tropical fragrance. Unlike monoi oil, which, though gorgeous, is a rather static scent containing only tiare and coconut, Intense Tiare develops on the skin and has depth. I don't detect any rose, and only the slightest hint of ylang-ylang, but the floral blend adds sophistication to the otherwise sweet scent and saves it from smelling like suntan lotion. Sillage is good but not offensive, and it lasts around 8-9 hours on my skin. I asked my husband what he thought of the scent and he straight up just said "sex", so if that's not a stamp of approval, I don't know what is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazing...just amazing...
a perfect example how a summer scent (''summer scent'') should feel and look like....ans of course-smell like..
nothing stands out too much....here we have tiare, very pure tiare gardenia, coconut-milky and creamy...and well ALOT is goin on in here....it seems simple, but no, this is so gourmand and so beautifull...
lovers of B.Goddess (First edition OF COURSE)-hurry,hurry, buy this Montale, you'll love it for sure:))))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovely tropical scent that's well-blended enough to keep the coconut and tiare from turning this scent into suntan lotion, which unfortunately happens with way too many tiare/coconut scents in my experience. The ylang ylang adds a creaminess to the tiare and coconut, and just enough vanilla peeks out throughout the dry down to add just a dash of sweetness. Love it, and will definitely be reaching this when I need a bit of the tropics in my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by zoemaree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Montale's Intense Tiare is huuuge. HUGE. It delivers a gigantic creamy punch to the olfactory system while yelling "I AM HERE AND YOU WILL LOVE ME!" It actually reminds me in many ways of my old cat, George. Soft, furry, totally insane. The reason I liken Intense Tiare to George is that a) I love analogies for getting the point across and b) it really is a fragrance that I can't get my head around, much like how I never understood George but just went along with his particular brand of crazy. Intense Tiare changes every few minutes. It comes on all soft and lovely, a heavy whipped delight of coconut and what smells to me like expensive sunscreen but is really a big smack of rosey-vanilla-jasmine-tiare. It draws you in within the first few seconds of application and somehow unfolds within five minutes into loud, loud, LOUD. It doesn't mellow (maybe I wished it would, just a little, but it's still going strong five hours later) or change or budge from wherever you apply it. It is both beautiful and crazy, a caress and a slap. I have Keiko Mecheri's Jasmine on the same arm and she has disappeared into the thick fog of what I think is the perfect beachy fragrance - it reminds me a little of EL's Bronze Goddess with the volume turned up past 50. From this I get hot sand underfoot, the sun beating down, sunscreen and flowers. It is very, very strong and not for the light hearted, i.e me. I'm partial to soliflores and sparkly brightness that fades fast; I don't mind reapplying because my favorite perfume smells to me like condensed happiness, even if it only lasts fifteen minutes.

But you know what? I still love Intense Tiare. It is bold, loud, totally insane but completely gorgeous in it's insanity. It screams for your attention. It is everything my favorite fragrances aren't, but I love it all the same. At $95 for 50ml, I think it's fairly priced for what it is and the tiniest spray is more than ample for yours truly. I can imagine this fragrance being even bigger and bloomier when worn on hot, humid days, and I'll likely give it a go then too, just to see how gorgeous it can be. Not full bottle worthy, but I will keep and treasure my sample and probably wear it on those days that I miss George - sometimes we all need a little bit of crazy in our lives.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by phthalo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one was my gateway drug into profound and possibly irreversible tuberose addiction (even though it's not really a tuberose scent - bear with me...). Before trying this, I hated tuberose with a huge passion – any perfume with even a hint of it made me turn and run screaming the other way. Still, I was strangely intrigued by tropical white flowers, and gardenia in particular – even though I knew that many gardenia scents are kissing cousins to tuberose (or are sometimes tuberose in disguise). I ordered a sample of Intense Tiare, and one of Monyette Paris - I think because they both have coconut notes, and I was in a beachy mood. When I tried one on each wrist, I found that the contrast with the more “in your face” tuberoseyness of Monyette made the Intense Tiare just smell sweet, coconut-y and luscious, luscious, luscious. I was intoxicated, couldn’t get enough of it, and was ready to buy a full bottle on the spot. But then the strangest thing happened…at odd moments of the day while wearing Intense Tiare, I would think “maybe I should try that awful, disgusting tuberosey Monyette thing again on the other arm– just to be *remind* myself that I don’t like it.” Well, you know the story: one sniff led to another and another, and soon I was sniffing Monyette *by itself* and…LIKING IT!!! Liking it so much, in fact, that I soon began trying all the other scents with tuberose notes that I had previously turned my back on. Fracas and Carnal Flower and Beyond Love…come to momma! But I digress. The real story here is that Intense Tiare is quite a lovely tiare/gardenia; it’s a warm lagoon of incredibly sweet, slightly creamy, smoooooth, heady, tropical goodness. But it doesn’t have enough tuberose in it for my taste. Kidding. But seriously, I do find it a little too sweet for me these days (and I’m a big sucker for sweet scents). Was off the charts five lippies when I first tried it, now down to three and a half – I’ll call it four. Highly recommended for a summer vacation at the beach (or when you want to feel like you’re there).

Edited to add: Tonight, I sprayed a tiny bit just to have a whiff, and from across the room, Mr. Phthalo comes literally running, asks "What is THAT?" and pretends to bite my arm. I think we have another fan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this one and expected to do so, but I do not. This has some pretty notes imbedded in it and is youthful and sweet. Waaaaaaay too sweet... like marshmallows triple dipped in sugar sweet and when I smell this it tickles my nose all the way down to my stomach the way marshmellows do. It is also headache-inducing. This is very youthful and reminds me of a high end BBW product. I am soooo glad I purchased a giant decant of this and tried it rather than blindly ordering it. Well, it is the perfect fragrance for someone!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well I am shocked that a true floral scent exists that does not give me an instant headache or make my stomach do flips. This is a true interpretation of the Tiare flower. Starting off intense, it soon softens to a pleasant floral blended well with the creamiest of coconut. The drydown is dead-on reminiscent of a tropical vacation and actually quite wonderful. I am still gun shy though. Florals are not, not, not my thing with the exception being rose blended to smell very, very dirty. When I first pulled the stopper from my little sample last week, I thought "Oh gag, funeral parlor". However, I am determined to finish all of my many samples, giving each one a full day of wear before I make my next FB purchase. This was in the rotation so I figured today/Saturday, should be a safe day as I planned on being mostly at home (close to my shower). A pleasant surprise, I must say. I may actually like this. Certainly, I don't think at this point I would buy a full bottle, even though this would be a super fragrance for summertime. As with all the Montale's I have tried, the sillage and lasting power are outstanding. Floral lovers will no doubt be enamoured with this. I think I am a little bit too. Imagine that.