Philosophy The Supernatural lipgloss in Nude

on 10/17/2006 7:58:00 PM

The color is beautiful--a slightly shimmery nude that doesn't wash you out. It's one of those colors you never have to feel self-concious about; it's just pretty and natural-looking in any light. The consistency is a little thicker than most glosses, but you don't need to apply it as much as lighter formulas. It's really more like a sheer lipstick. Unfortunately, it's a little pricy for me to buy very often.

on 5/5/2005 4:20:00 PM

This is a thick, sticky gloss, kinda hard to smooth out, and very pigmented. The color is a pale milky gold/champagne (which is more my idea of a 'nude' lippie than a mauve color). Very pretty if you have a little bit of a tan (this would probably wash out the very fair). There's a slight minty scent/taste. I get a faint numbing sensation when I put this on, but that goes away after a bit. Comes in a round glass tube with a black rubber cap. It's not the biggest around, but I guess that's okay since you don't need much for each application. Overall, pretty good.

ETA: Due to the 'dry' texture, pigmentation and color, this makes an awesome base for other, light-colored glosses. MAC's Nymphette in particular looks lovely over it. My BF commented on how pretty my lips looked the other day when I tried this combo.