September 3, 2014 | 1138 users online

Treatments (Face) - BeneFit Cosmetics - KaPow

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this more then Boo Boo Zap. Alcohol and my skin do not mix and it does more damage then good. This however is very nice and does work well. The applicator it comes in is a nice idea, but in reality it picks up the oil/bacteria on your face and traps in in the applicator tip.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by msapali

When I read the reviews here I was so excited I wanted this to work so bad. This did absolutely NOTHING for me. I even applied this 3 times during the day and still NOTHING! I'm so bummed out b/c the concept of the packaging is awesome. I love how it is like a pen that's convenient for you to carry and use anywhere. I like how it goes on clear and doesn't peel off or leave flakes. You can literally be out and put this on quickly- No one would even know you had it on. Of course I should have known it was too good to be true. Really wish this stuff worked on me. Probably the only thing I liked about it was the packaging- although it is a bit pricey for the amount you get as it doesn't seem like it would last more than a month, if even that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

lol to the reviewer who said "this has salycilic acid in it which is found in almost every clean n clear product"...news flash...Ka Pow does have 2% salycilic acid (the only recommended amount for the complextion)....but also!...don don don....Provitamin B-5 (stops the zit from leaving behind the nasty little mark and scarring), Chamomile (natural soothing agent to protect the damaged skin), Aloe Vera (again, natural soothing agent), as well as Glycerin (retains skin's moisture). I'd have to assume if clean n clear also had all of those ingredients, it would probably become pretty costly lol. it costs money to make product. I'm not saying drug store stuff sucks, I'm saying use what works for you. but the fact is, it costs more money to use certain ingredients. there is actually a fragrance, cant remember what it's called, but it has pure gold in it to make a certain scent....yeah it costs A LOT lol, but if someone loves it...go for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

as someone else reviewed, normally products with salicylic acid chew my skin right up, but this one works beautifully for me. clears up little bumps overnight, reduces and eliminates larger blemishes in usually about 2 days; 3 for really big under-the-skin types. i've even used to to get rid of those awful butt zits that crop up once every few months :x
anyways it isnt very much for the price but it is a good product and application is super easy. i would recommend. EDIT 04/06/09: its effectiveness seems to be diminishing. it helps but is no wonder product.
07/09/09: i would not recommend this product. wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I rarely get pimples, but when I do they're usually doozies. I picked up Ka-Pow! because I wanted something other than my old standby (tea tree oil straight from the bottle) that would hopefully work better.

The "pen" container doesn't hold much product, but as rarely as I break out, it should last me plenty of time. I like how easy it is to apply the cream with the applicator although I wonder how sanitary it is, even if I use it on a freshly washed face.

Ka-Pow! *does* work without a doubt. It's not a miracle worker (that pimple won't disappear overnight unless it's small and gets caught at the right moment), but it does shorten the life of my pimples without burning my sensitive skin or causing dryness. I found that applying it to a pimple that had just come to the surface was more effective than applying it before it had surfaced (when it was at the point where there wasn't any outward sign, just that giveaway achy soreness and hardness under the skin) and seemed to get rid of the pimple the fastest.

I'm only giving this a rating of 3 because it's good but not great. I'd give it a 4 because it really does work well for me, but I just can't quite give it that high of a rating because I'd like to see it be more effective at treating my pimples even before they reach the surface.

If you have frequent breakouts, you might find that Ka-Pow! is too expensive for the amount of product you get and that it can be a pain to keep twisting the "pen" to bring more cream to the surface for every pimple, but if you're like me and get isolated pimples every now and then it seems to be worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hestermoffet

Other salicylic acid products have always burned holes in my face... this seems to not only get rid of the zit, but helped heal the area up quite nicely. No overdrying or redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by babii12987

alright people. The reason this stuff is working for you is because of the Salicylic Acid in it. & that is found in almost every clean & clear product, and is half the price. So save yourselves some money and go buy that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 3:27:00 PM More reviews by barbiegirl62

Just like the reviewers below me...I loved this! It worked extremely fast and was incredibly easy to apply. It ran out quickly, though, and is a bit pricey. Cute tube with soft foam applicator...totally worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by HPgurl2288

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS STUFF IS AMAZZZZING! I read the reviews and bought it. I've never had quicker results..after all the neutrogena, proactiv, prescription benzoyl peroxide...this did it. I had a hard time figuring out how to get the product out though but finally i twist it enough.It's shaped like a pen which is cool but I just wish I had more product!...especially for the price too. I hope that my skin doesn't grow immune to it b/c this is a miracle worker. The redness goes down sooo much too! It's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by fifi_kitten

this is the only pimple product that i've used that actually works. of course its no miracle cream that will magically make any blemishes disappear overnight (nothing will), but it greatly reduces the appearance and life of a pimple in just one night. the only reason i give it a four instead of a five is because, like someone else said, the tube only lasted me like a month, and it costs $20...for a spot treatment. to me, that sounds a little extravagent. but, i'll probably buy it again just because it is the only thing i can find that works so well and try to use a little less.