December 22, 2014 | 1629 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Micro-D Thermal Refinisher ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Idealist has been my exfoliator of choice for the last 12 years. I never found anything similar, except for an Olaz thermal treatment that was a bit too harsh on my skin.
I love the heating sensation when I dampen it with water: unfortunately, the product has been reformulated and the thermal effect doesn't last as long as it used to (the current formulation only stays warm for about five minutes). The grains are just the right size, quantity and texture for what I want and my skin is left absolutely glowing and not dry at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by LiamT5010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only used this product once, and I don't plan on going near it again. It's actually rather painful to use, and in the end I was left with blotchy red skin and small red spots across my nose, which appeared immediately after use. Maybe my skin is just too sensitive for this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by vinefit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

this scrub is such a gimmick from Lauder. Its a so so scrub with slight heating feeling that only last for less than 5 seconds. Nothing really thermal about this scrub for sure. The heat suppose to open up the pores for deep cleansing but just 5 seconds.....I don't think it do the job.

I notice Lauder's company tend to jump into some kind of band wagon & come out with their version of thermal treatment. Sometime it work but most of the time, it don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

So my mom gave me this because her skin is too dry/sensitive to use it. My skin is not very sensitive. I have now used it twice and I like it ok. It's not lifechanging, but it's not ineffective either. When you're done using it, your skin feels smooth and really clean. I like that clean feeling. This product reminds me of an old product that Biore used to sell, I think. it was like a heating facial cleanser.
As for the microdermabrasian qualities that this product "promises"....I dont know about that. I havent seen enough results to comment on it. yes, it does make your skin smoother and softer after use, but i think it will take me longer than just the 2x i have used it to see those results.
The problem w this product is that i kind of have no idea what it's really supposed to do for my face! it just feels good when it warms up on your face, you leave it on then wash it off....but other than that, it doesnt seem that great. 3/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

When i got this, i was surprised that it looks almost the same as Clinique's Pore Minimizer Thermal scrub. I was slightly disappointed at first because i thought this was going to cause a bad reaction just like Clinique's.

I followed the instructions on the leaflet inside the box which describes the massage technique and to leave it on for 5 mins. I'm happy to say it did not cause any burning sensation or skin reaction. The whole experience was really pleasant. For such a high price,i think its worth the money. I might repurchase again in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

it burns my skin, and little bit too harsh.
it seems that it works not that superb. I use this just for my nose area.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lapatatedouce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I expected more from Estee Lauder. I wasn't impressed. It's advertised to give the smae results as a 30% peel. No way. I think you can get better results with an acid peel from the beauty supply

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ARiggs

It is a very good exfoliator. I have to use it very sparingly or it will dry my face out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ESMorin

This stuff is really relaxing. I look forward to the one night a week that I use it (Sunday nights). the warming sensation is supposed to open up your pores, and then the product is supposed to dissolve the gunk that is in there. I don't know if that's exactly how it works, but it delivers. My skin looks clear and refined after I use this. My pores look smaller, and less clogged. It also offers exfoliation and a peel. My skin looks really amazing for a few days afterwords. I just wish it wasn't so expensive....but I only use it once a week, so it's going to last me for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

my first review of this was bad, because my skin wasn't in the right shape to use this (lots of acne, very sensitive at the time).. now that my skin has cleared up, I can use this without irritation. I give it a 4/5 because its just a warming scrub, nothing more (this is for the older version without the glycolic acid). Its not for sensitive skin or if you have an open sore or open pimple, because it will BURN and make it worse. but otherwise, it works well, and will give your skin a rosy look to it which I like. the amount of scrubs in it is perfect, though - gentle but effective. but WAY too expensive. $50 for a 2.5 oz tube! but I love estee lauder, so I'll buy it... the good thing is that it will last forever, you only need a very tiny amount! *****update 10/29/09 **** Again, dont use this if you have active acne, it will BURN. Otherwise, use it 2x a week or less (definitely not more than that) for fresh feeling skin. They have "improved" the formula, but I think its still pretty much the same product. I STILL have my 1st tube of this stuff, from 2 years ago, its 1/2 gone. since its very dense, not a liquid, I dont think it will go bad anytime soon.