January 28, 2015 | 1919 users online

Deodorants - LUSH - Aromaco Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2015 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Nadia2r

i loved all of lush products except this, it smells nice, it moisturises the skin, keeps you dry but it does not last long

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by knmichel90

Really glad I found Aromaco! I had tried many natural deodorants after learning about all the bad stuff in traditional ones, but nothing seemed to work. I'd have to reapply every hour or two, which is kind of ridiculous. As a student esthetician, I am in people's faces all day and absolutely cannot be stinky. I was about to say eff it and go back to Dove when I tried Aromaco.
No, it doesn't smell too great, but the smell basically disappears once you apply it, and it works amazingly well! Keeps my underarms smelling good even through my 10 hour days (works great on my boyfriend too, and he sweats a ton.). I recommend keeping it in a ziplock or buying one of their tins so it doesn't dry out. Well worth the money, as it lasts quite a long time. I will be repurchasing this forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by rosyporcelaindollie

I have sensitive skin so this product was recommended to me in my local lush spa. I wanted to try and find I natural deodarant with no aluminium in it - so I gave Aromaco a try. A lovely smell but sadly I came up in a terrible red rash which took over two weeks to disperse. My skin was left raw which followed by it being extremely dry and flaky. Sorry lush but your 'sensitive skin deodorant' was awful!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Kawaiirach

I really like this product. I don't really have any problems with it. If you get your deodorant cut up, it's a perfect size for the lush oval tins that you can buy seperately. I tend to not sweat so much with this deodorant. If you like the patchouli scent then you will like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. The scent is straight up patchouli so if you are not a fan then you will probably hate this deodorant and why would you even buy it to begin with and then give it a bad review ....hello? For me this deodorant works very well. I apply it after i shower while im still a tiny bit damp. It keeps body odor away for around 24 hours for me and that is saying something because very few natural deodorants work that long for me and I can only name Thai crystal, Alvera, and Kiss my face liquid rock as the others that work. I dislike that there isnt a Lush tin that fits this but that is my only complaint. I quite like the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by fishlover08

I bought this deodorant online straight from Canada, all the good reviews I read here convince me to give it a try. I was so excited to try this product, but I should have listen to other negative reviews too becuase its really true, the Aromaco smells so strong that I feel like its worse than the smell of stinky armpits. I rather stank than using this deodorant the smell is really awful, I have a horrible experience using this deodorant. Its a waste of money, I paid $6.95 and I only used it 2 times since I couldn't bare the smell myself. I think its the worst product from lush. Save your money and don't buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by YouCanCallMeAl

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. Regular deodorants irritate my skin terribly, and I have yet to find another natural deodorant that works half as well as this one. My boyfriend and I both use it. We live in Florida, and this stuff keeps us smelling fresh all day long, even when we're been out riding bikes in the heat. We are both sweaty people who get seriously smelly without deodorant, and this stuff is up to the task. It does smell like patchouli, so if you're anti-hippie-smell you might not like it. The fragrance is pretty mild, though. IMPORTANT: You absolutely MUST keep it in an airtight container or it will dry out and become unusable-I wish they would package it differently. It is not an antiperspirant- it will not stop you from sweating, it just keeps you from being smelly. I've never had a problem with it rubbing off on clothes, although I take care to only use a thin layer. Overall it's awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sandries

So as other reviewers mentioned, this is marketed as a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. Meaning, if you use this, you will still sweat, but at least it won't smell. To that end, this deodorant does a superb job. In fact, it is the best aluminum-free deodorant I've ever used, and I have used a lot. I have a 12+ hour workday where I can sweat a great deal and come out smelling like a rose with this guy.

People have also remarked about the nasty patchouli scent, but honestly it dissipates in less than ten seconds of application. It's not like anybody is going around sniffing peoples' pits (lol) to even notice.

My biggest beef with this product is the lack of packaging, which is something LUSH is known for. It's fine for certain products, like soap. But a deodorant? C'mon. If left exposed to air for a while, the deodorant also dries out, which is lame. If this happens, I just run a little tap water over one of the ends of the bar before applying so it doesn't drag on my underarms.

So to sum up: Pros-
1) Free of aluminum or any metal
2) Effective!
3) Economical- one bar has lasted me 4 months of daily use

Cons-
1) No container, someone could mistake it for a bar of soap
2) Not clear, not great for sleeveless tops
3) When dry, could scratch your armpits:(

I can't use traditional antiperspirants anymore becuase they give me a horrible rash.So overall, if you are looking for an effective aluminum/metal free deodorant, check this out. I've used more expensive deodorants from Sephora that didn't work half as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Whitelily84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actuallly like this product, but it's not nice in use. I never had problems with any odors or excessive sweating. Since using aromaco I really need to use two products, I like a base layer of aromaco in the morning and reapply with Weleda deo. It applies nicer if wet, but it get very hard after every use until you just don't get any product on your skin. The best you can do is scrape a layer away. After that it works very wel. Unfortunately by scraping a layer a day you throw way too much product away. Considering that, the price is not that great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted to like this but I so hated it . In fact it's the first ever beauty buy that I have have thrown into the bin after the first day's use . I hate the smell for me it just smelt horribly bad , some reviewers like the fragrance but I did not at all . I probably would have persevered a bit longer if it had been effective . , however I smelt the horrid fragrance mixed with stinky BO on my clothes at the end of the day . I'm sticking with my lovely soapwalla deodorant !