LUSH Aromaco Deodorant

3.4

Witch Hazel Infusion (Hamamelis virginiana) , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Stearate , Chamomile Vinegar (Anthemis nobilis) , Sodium Bicarbonate , Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) , *Citral , Perfume

on 8/31/2015 7:52:00 AM

I generally like this, but it's not perfect.

It works fine on cool days when I'm not doing anything too strenuous, but as soon as the weather gets hot or I'm having a hectic day, this isn't enough.

I love patchouli, so I like the smell of this, but it's also very strongly scented. I don't want the smell of my deodorant to be noticed, so I would have preferred if the fragrance was a little milder, and maybe mixed with other scents such as citrus or lavender. As it is now, it's a really full-on, pungent, earthy patchouli.

Another thing about it which can be a little annoying is that it has little hard bits here and there (I suppose it crystallizes) and that can scratch your skin if you're not careful. You can easily pick the hard bits out before you apply, though.

I would probably buy this again since I think it's fairly good value for money (the chunk I have has lasted for quite a while) and it's a nice winter deodorant. It doesn't contain aluminum or parabens, won't stain your clothes and won't produce plastic waste.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This smells pretty amazing! It is strong though, it makes my eyes water & cleans out my sinuses a little but I know it's at least doing its job of combating odor. It smells like warm inviting patchouli but not subtle it is in-your-face. It burns a little upon application not tried it on freshly shaved underarms so irdk about that yet. It's very lush-esque scented, their items are always earthy scented richly scented w a natural damp scent nothing frou frou but a little hippie. Not in a bad way not dirty nor gross but like I said kind of strong. Normally nothing is scented strongly enuff for me but this is very plenty strong, I won't worry at all about my own odor showing thru, this could be used an all over scent on ur pulse points as well for a potent smell! I can't help but think this is slightly acrid & smoky a little bitter but my nose is still getting used to the product. I'm sure once I get accustomed to it more I will find it less strong & eye watering LOL!!!!

on 3/24/2015 10:27:00 PM

I bought this deodorant after going a week off of dove. Dove was doing the job, but I wanted something natural and without as many chemicals. I loved the smell of aromaco, it's very earthy and hippie-ish. It smells like incense. It was alright the first few days, but within a week the pleasant hippie scent turned into pungent, nasty B.O. I had never had a problem with foul arm pit smells, until I used aromaco! I just don't use it now and have no problems with odor. With summer on the way, I'm still looking for a good natural deodorant.

on 3/24/2015 12:55:00 PM

I have been using natural deodorants for years and literally none have them have been effective in controlling wetness and odour whilist simultaneously not causing terrible rashes in my underarms, except this one. This one is gentle and is really amazing! It controls odour and wetness really well. It smells awful though. Kind of like mouldy eucalyptus. It's supposed to smell like patchouli and it does a bit but the deodorant itself does not smell nice. So I compensate with using copious amounts of scented lotion on my body to cover up or overpower the smell, which works well enough for me. It is also messy on hands. But it's awesome. This is the only natural deodorant I have tried that actually works, and I have tried heaps and heaps of natural deodorants. Definitely recommend.

on 2/3/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My lymph nodes in my armpits had been swollen lately and I decided to make the switch to natural deodorants instead of using antiperspirant every day like I usually do. I had seen the lush deodorant before in store and absolutely loved the smell so I bought it and to be honest it is the best deodorant I have ever used! It doesn't prevent you from sweating like normal chemical deodorants but it definitely masks the smell of my sweat and makes my feel a thousand times better. My lymph nodes really appreciate the switch. :)

I was pretty surprised at how much 100g of this stuff is. A normal stick of deodorant is only about 70g and can cost $3-$6 depending on brand. For only $8 CA including tax I get a brand that is vegan and guaranteed cruelty free. Will buy again when I run out.

on 1/10/2015 5:28:00 PM

i loved all of lush products except this, it smells nice, it moisturises the skin, keeps you dry but it does not last long

on 12/30/2014 3:27:00 AM

Really glad I found Aromaco! I had tried many natural deodorants after learning about all the bad stuff in traditional ones, but nothing seemed to work. I'd have to reapply every hour or two, which is kind of ridiculous. As a student esthetician, I am in people's faces all day and absolutely cannot be stinky. I was about to say eff it and go back to Dove when I tried Aromaco.
No, it doesn't smell too great, but the smell basically disappears once you apply it, and it works amazingly well! Keeps my underarms smelling good even through my 10 hour days (works great on my boyfriend too, and he sweats a ton.). I recommend keeping it in a ziplock or buying one of their tins so it doesn't dry out. Well worth the money, as it lasts quite a long time. I will be repurchasing this forever!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin so this product was recommended to me in my local lush spa. I wanted to try and find I natural deodarant with no aluminium in it - so I gave Aromaco a try. A lovely smell but sadly I came up in a terrible red rash which took over two weeks to disperse. My skin was left raw which followed by it being extremely dry and flaky. Sorry lush but your 'sensitive skin deodorant' was awful!

on 10/16/2014 5:53:00 AM

I really like this product. I don't really have any problems with it. If you get your deodorant cut up, it's a perfect size for the lush oval tins that you can buy seperately. I tend to not sweat so much with this deodorant. If you like the patchouli scent then you will like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. The scent is straight up patchouli so if you are not a fan then you will probably hate this deodorant and why would you even buy it to begin with and then give it a bad review ....hello? For me this deodorant works very well. I apply it after i shower while im still a tiny bit damp. It keeps body odor away for around 24 hours for me and that is saying something because very few natural deodorants work that long for me and I can only name Thai crystal, Alvera, and Kiss my face liquid rock as the others that work. I dislike that there isnt a Lush tin that fits this but that is my only complaint. I quite like the scent.

Top Rated LUSH Products