October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Deodorants - LUSH - Aromaco Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Kawaiirach

I really like this product. I don't really have any problems with it. If you get your deodorant cut up, it's a perfect size for the lush oval tins that you can buy seperately. I tend to not sweat so much with this deodorant. If you like the patchouli scent then you will like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. The scent is straight up patchouli so if you are not a fan then you will probably hate this deodorant and why would you even buy it to begin with and then give it a bad review ....hello? For me this deodorant works very well. I apply it after i shower while im still a tiny bit damp. It keeps body odor away for around 24 hours for me and that is saying something because very few natural deodorants work that long for me and I can only name Thai crystal, Alvera, and Kiss my face liquid rock as the others that work. I dislike that there isnt a Lush tin that fits this but that is my only complaint. I quite like the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by fishlover08

I bought this deodorant online straight from Canada, all the good reviews I read here convince me to give it a try. I was so excited to try this product, but I should have listen to other negative reviews too becuase its really true, the Aromaco smells so strong that I feel like its worse than the smell of stinky armpits. I rather stank than using this deodorant the smell is really awful, I have a horrible experience using this deodorant. Its a waste of money, I paid $6.95 and I only used it 2 times since I couldn't bare the smell myself. I think its the worst product from lush. Save your money and don't buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by YouCanCallMeAl

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. Regular deodorants irritate my skin terribly, and I have yet to find another natural deodorant that works half as well as this one. My boyfriend and I both use it. We live in Florida, and this stuff keeps us smelling fresh all day long, even when we're been out riding bikes in the heat. We are both sweaty people who get seriously smelly without deodorant, and this stuff is up to the task. It does smell like patchouli, so if you're anti-hippie-smell you might not like it. The fragrance is pretty mild, though. IMPORTANT: You absolutely MUST keep it in an airtight container or it will dry out and become unusable-I wish they would package it differently. It is not an antiperspirant- it will not stop you from sweating, it just keeps you from being smelly. I've never had a problem with it rubbing off on clothes, although I take care to only use a thin layer. Overall it's awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sandries

So as other reviewers mentioned, this is marketed as a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. Meaning, if you use this, you will still sweat, but at least it won't smell. To that end, this deodorant does a superb job. In fact, it is the best aluminum-free deodorant I've ever used, and I have used a lot. I have a 12+ hour workday where I can sweat a great deal and come out smelling like a rose with this guy.

People have also remarked about the nasty patchouli scent, but honestly it dissipates in less than ten seconds of application. It's not like anybody is going around sniffing peoples' pits (lol) to even notice.

My biggest beef with this product is the lack of packaging, which is something LUSH is known for. It's fine for certain products, like soap. But a deodorant? C'mon. If left exposed to air for a while, the deodorant also dries out, which is lame. If this happens, I just run a little tap water over one of the ends of the bar before applying so it doesn't drag on my underarms.

So to sum up: Pros-
1) Free of aluminum or any metal
2) Effective!
3) Economical- one bar has lasted me 4 months of daily use

Cons-
1) No container, someone could mistake it for a bar of soap
2) Not clear, not great for sleeveless tops
3) When dry, could scratch your armpits:(

I can't use traditional antiperspirants anymore becuase they give me a horrible rash.So overall, if you are looking for an effective aluminum/metal free deodorant, check this out. I've used more expensive deodorants from Sephora that didn't work half as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Whitelily84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actuallly like this product, but it's not nice in use. I never had problems with any odors or excessive sweating. Since using aromaco I really need to use two products, I like a base layer of aromaco in the morning and reapply with Weleda deo. It applies nicer if wet, but it get very hard after every use until you just don't get any product on your skin. The best you can do is scrape a layer away. After that it works very wel. Unfortunately by scraping a layer a day you throw way too much product away. Considering that, the price is not that great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted to like this but I so hated it . In fact it's the first ever beauty buy that I have have thrown into the bin after the first day's use . I hate the smell for me it just smelt horribly bad , some reviewers like the fragrance but I did not at all . I probably would have persevered a bit longer if it had been effective . , however I smelt the horrid fragrance mixed with stinky BO on my clothes at the end of the day . I'm sticking with my lovely soapwalla deodorant !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by LenaPena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used this fore some time now and I have no rash, irritated skin and it doesn't itch. I really like the fragrance it's not to masculine for me. What I do is hold it for a short time under running warm water and use it. Sometimes there are small hard parts in it but I just remove it with my finger or a spoon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by jordynnia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutley love Lush, but I will never ever buy this product again. I got it in the first place because I wanted a natural deoderant, i'm getting over putting things in/on my body that have all kinds of chemicals in them. First off, in my whole 20 years of being alive, I have never had a problem with sweaty underarms or any body oder. I just hardly ever sweat, and if I do it doesn't smell like anything but this product immediately made my underarms very sticky and kind of wet, which caused them to sweat almost constantly. And for some reason, the sweat stinks, after wearing it for only a few hours I have stinky and sweaty underarms. This deoderant did the 100% exact opposite of what deoderants are supposed to do. I only gave it one star because I enjoy the smell of the deoderant. But I do not recommend this to anyone who doesn't have any problems with their underarms and just wants a natural deoderant because it will make you sweat and stink. I'm very disappointed with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This deodorant and I really weren't compatible at all. I bought a 100g chunk for $6.95 (if I remember correctly which is quite a nice price since most deodorants are under 45g and cost the same amount. I really did love the smell of the patchouli, as I adore earthy scents and I loved that it was a solid stick so no need to wait for it to try of having to worry about it melting. I wasn't a massive fan of the fact that Lush didn't provide any additional packaging and you just have to put the deodorant on using your hands which makes your hands quite...sticky for lack of a better word. So all this sounds great but now to were the real stuff matters....I didn't expect this to be an antiperspirant but I did expect some amount of odour control and within about an hour or applying it, my pits stank. I do sweat in excess but I do expect a deodorant to not allow me to go rank in an hour. The real dealbreaker for me though was that this deodorant gave me the most horrible red rash on my underarms. I did a bit of looking in to it and discovered that it was the baking soda in the recipe that did that to my underarms and a lot of other people had the same problem. Since so many people experience skin discomfort with baking soda, I am kind of surprised that Lush would include it as one of their ingredients despite its odour controlling properties. I've just started making my own deodorant at home now that doesn't contain all of those harmful chemicals and am having a lot more success. My boyfriend is absolutely in love with this deodorant but I personally do not recommend this.