October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Bath Treatments - Ren - Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by behemot252

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a 10ml sample which was enough for 2 baths. I didn't use to be a huge fan of rose smells, but this one made me change my mind. The whole bath experience was very pleasant - it left a slightly moisturising residue on a skin.

I plan to buy the full size although I find it quite expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by skinsthatcare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so I purchased this product a few years ago when I was working and for some reason I didn't repurchase but u did finish using the product.recently I have been placed in hospital and my skin has undergone a transformation; some days it is ok and other days it looks like it has been soaked for a very long time in a vat of corrosive chemicals and acids.without any explanation from staff or patients other than the repeatitive sound of the word 'hair' I figured maybe it was something to do with chemotherapy radiation treatments damaging the skin and hair so I decided to give this product another try to relax my skin and senses whilst I continue my stayin hospital.

The product isn't very economical as it is £30 for 110ml but I believe you can't put a price on happiness and for me, looking natural and being happy with the way I look contributes to my overall Wellness so I don't mind spending a lot of a product if it is going to work.I have tried very expensive beauty preservation products in the past as have people I know and price isn't an issue when it comes to people who want to look their best, I know there are some wierdos out there who don't even care about how they look but their just weird.

The orange oil is packaged in a cardboard box and is contained in a glass bottle with a black lid.personally I prefer the design of l'occitane lavender foaming bath which is contained in a metallic bottle with purple print.the cap is very small on the rose Otto oil so you can't really use it as a measuring cap unless you are only meant to use a very small amount.

The scent of the oil is a little sour and not really what I was expecting if it was meant to be rose and the color of the oil is a very strong rusty orange brown which I couldn't understand because usually roses are delicate in color texture and scent.

The texture was as a oil and it claims to dissolve in the water without leaving a greasy film on the bath like traditional oils.this much was true after using the product there was no greasy film on the bath.

In terms of moisturising properties I didn't notice that much but my skin was left with the lingering scent of rose Otto.

Personally I wouldn't repurchase this product as I wasn't a fan of the scent and it is very expensive for such a small amount when u take into account how much u need to use products like creme de la mer don't seen so extortionate as you only need a small amount with each use.

The product satisfied my curiosity as to why I didn't repurchase but continued using the product but instead of using it all up because it is so expensive like I did last time; this time I'm going to donate it to a charity shop so maybe someone who can appreciate it more can benefit from using it or find a very good bargain for cheap to purchase for family or friend birthday or Christmas present.not everyone has the same senses so someone else could have this product and really like it but unfortunately that person isn't me who could have this product and really like it mainly due to appearance (I'm not a massive fan of the color orange and glass containers without artistry to make it look nice and not like a food condiment container) and its scent which smelt sour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this bath oil, now i gave the packaging a 2 as the bath oil smells and feel's so relaxing and luxurious, yet the bottle is boring, i mean really crap! they could have put it in something more creative. moving swiftly on i love this bath oil, it smells divine and moisturizes skin well, it actually fills my bathroom with the most heavenly rose scent, very potent, definitely will repurchase this bath oil, its too luxuriating not too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's not a lot I can say about this that hasn't been said before. I bought it for myself as a special treat. It is very expensive but a little goes a long way. Unlike some other bath oils, it's not in the least bit greasy and doesn't leave a nasty film on the bath. The scent is divine.
I do find the bottle a little down-market for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok let's clear someone up. REN seems to have just recently re-formulated this bath oil, they have not only downsized it from 140 mls to a rather stingy 110 mls (cheeky!) but have also used far LESS rose otto oil so that it is actually barely detectable now.
When I first used the original formulation I was absolutely enamoured with this product, I had received a 30ml bottle at the Mecca Cosmetica store opening in Australia and couldn't believe how intoxicating the rose smelled and the gorgeous milky colour it made the bath water turn.
I finally caved and spent the $85 AUD (yes $85!) on a full sized bottle fully expecting it to be as marvelous as the first time I tried it. What a major disappointment it was when I poured this into my bath and gone was the milkiness and full blown intoxicating rose scent only to be replaced by a STRONG smell of the cheap Sesame base oil and an oily sheen floating on top of the water.
Shame on REN for cheating us with this vastly inferior product to the original and further insulting us by making the bottle smaller and charging the same exorbitant price.
REN had been at the very top of my list but after this I have lost a great deal of faith in their products and wonder what other changes they have made we don't know about??

Old Ingredients list:

Sesamum Indicum (Sesame Oil)
Laureth 3 (source Coconut Oil)
Isopropyl Palmitate
Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance)
Geraniol
Linalool
Citronellol
Benzyl Benzoate
Eugenol
Citral
Isoeugenol
Farnesol
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (source Coconut and Palm Oils)
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera Extract)
Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

New Ingredients List:

Sesamum Indicum (Sesame Oil)
Laureth 3 (source coconut oil)
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (source coconut oil)
Aloe Barbadebsis (aloe vera extract)
Tocopherol (vitamin E)
Rosa Damascena Flower Oil
Cymbopogon Martini (palmarosa) oil
Pelargonium Graveolens (geranium) flower oil
Eugenia Caryophyllus (clove) flower oil
Myroxylon Pereirae (balsam peru) oil
Citronellol (source geranium oil)
Benzyl Benzoate (source balsam peru oil)
Eugenol (source clove oil)
Geraniol (source geranium oil)
Linalool (source ho wood oil)

All in all the ingredients list is quite different now, some original ingredients have been left out and the current quantities of each is markedly different. I researched and found out that one ingredient they took out (Isopropyl Palmitate) is actually derived from Palm oil and is a thickening & moisturizing agent so this would explain why it isn't as emollient and not as creamy.

It also no longer has Citral which is derived from lemongrass which might explain the lack of that old lemony zing it used to have.

Interestingly it also no longer has Farnesol which is an organic compound used in perfumery to emphasize the odors of sweet floral scents so maybe this is why it no longer smells as sweet???

Either way, I really dislike the new formulation. continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

The best way to describe the scent is a peppery rose. It is an unbelievably clean, fresh, rose scent. When I take a whiff of it, it reminds me of my favorite rose white tea. When it settles on the skin, the clove begins to show through. This turns bath water milkly and the oil is moisturizing and non greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this stuff! It smells fantastic and is very moisturizing. It's not greasy at all. I have a 5'ft soaker tub so I have to use a little more then recommended. for me I don't see lasting past 8-10 baths, which is the only downside for me since it's not very cost effective! Other then that I'd use this every time I bathed!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkchinchilla

This is decadence in a bottle!! Simply gorgeous....on the pricey side though. The fragrance is amazing.....intense and luxurious which lasts in the bathroom hours after you've bathed. The oil goes milky in the water and is very moisturising on the skin. I can't recommend this product enough if you love luxurious body products. Best saved for special occasions and those evenings when you really want to treat yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by bacardibelly

Oh, I hate that its so expensive, but I love that at the same time as it highlights the brilliance and quality of the ingredients and makes it feel like a real treat. I allow myself one bath a month in it, after my monthly 8 mile Saturday run!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

If I could afford it, I would bathe in nothing but this. It is so luxurious to use; the scent is true without being cloying or old fashioned or smelling kind of overripe and wilted. It emulsifies with the bath water and really penetrates the skin, leaving me feeling all plump and nourished with a lovely fragrance. Sigh. I used every drop of this up and was so sad to see it go.