October 21, 2014 | 1681 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Super Shine Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Mahi4eva

I really love this topcoat, it's probably the best one I've bought so far. It dried faster than I expected and is super shiny. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by aliciawhalen

Eh. This stuff takes forever to dry and goes on really thick and gloppy. I bought it from a drug store on a whim and paid too much for it too. Makes for an okay base coat as long as you let it dry for a long time. Otherwise it's sticky and makes your color splotchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish. It goes on soo smooth and makes my color pop so it looks shiny and fresh. If you seal the tips of your nails with this, it prevents chipping very well, and my manicures last for at least a week.

I paid around $5 for this at Walgreen, but I'm aware I probably could have gotten it for around $3 at Walmart. I overpaid, but I won't make that mistake again :P

The bottle can be a little awkward to hold on your hand, but if you're giving yourself a pedicure or manicure and your hold the bottle between your knees it's perfect since the sides are flat, as opposed to round bottles.

All around, I love this nail polish. I would tell all my friends and my mother to get it if they love having shiny professional looking nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING TOP COAT! This is an awesome top coat for putting on top of other nail polishes to make them last longer and prevent chipping. I love using this alone, just because I'm not a big fan of bright colored nail polishes, but it's great either way! Love it, and you really can't beat the price of it. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by habana

I really like this top coat. It's not too thick that it makes my nail polish smudge. It gives my nails a nice shine and does a good job keeping my polish from chipping. I would buy this top coat again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

Not much to say, just a good TopCoat that is neither life changing nor forgettable. Gives nails good shine and makes nail polishes last longer. If you want a good TopCoat, this is highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sally Hansen Super Shine Top Coat is one of the best drugstore-brand topcoats that I have come across in a long time. The consistency is a little on the thin side but not so bad that it's hard to work with. I'm not a big fan of the brush because it seems to be a little stiffer than most so if you have a heavy hand it may tend to wipe off the polish. I just try to polish a little more gently with this one. Wear time is EXCELLENT at five to six days with absolutely no dulling. I've stocked up on this one and would definitely buy more if I ever ran out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really not loving this as a top coat. Mediocre shine and polish chipped within the day. I am intrigued by the poster who liked it as a base coat, I may give this a try. Otherwise this is heading straight for the swap pile. ETA-seems to suck as a base coat as well. I'm done with this loser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Yes this gives a wet, glossy look. However, when using it alone, it chips in a day. I only wear clear nail polish and this one is a bust.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good solid top coat. Dries relatively quickly and leaves a nice shine. It's cheaper than my usual Mega Shine but doesn't do as thorough a job on drying wet polish.