Sally Hansen Super Shine Top Coat

4.2

on 11/29/2014 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great top coat! Gives my nails a shiny look even after 3 days or so. I'm on my third day and still no chipping (you have to paint under your nail tips for this). Dries quite fast. Makes my nail color brighter as well. Would definitely recommend this!

on 10/6/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this topcoat, it's probably the best one I've bought so far. It dried faster than I expected and is super shiny. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends.

on 2/3/2013 10:34:00 PM

Eh. This stuff takes forever to dry and goes on really thick and gloppy. I bought it from a drug store on a whim and paid too much for it too. Makes for an okay base coat as long as you let it dry for a long time. Otherwise it's sticky and makes your color splotchy.

on 12/27/2012 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this nail polish. It goes on soo smooth and makes my color pop so it looks shiny and fresh. If you seal the tips of your nails with this, it prevents chipping very well, and my manicures last for at least a week.

I paid around $5 for this at Walgreen, but I'm aware I probably could have gotten it for around $3 at Walmart. I overpaid, but I won't make that mistake again :P

The bottle can be a little awkward to hold on your hand, but if you're giving yourself a pedicure or manicure and your hold the bottle between your knees it's perfect since the sides are flat, as opposed to round bottles.

All around, I love this nail polish. I would tell all my friends and my mother to get it if they love having shiny professional looking nails.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZING TOP COAT! This is an awesome top coat for putting on top of other nail polishes to make them last longer and prevent chipping. I love using this alone, just because I'm not a big fan of bright colored nail polishes, but it's great either way! Love it, and you really can't beat the price of it. Will definitely be repurchasing!

on 8/17/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this top coat. It's not too thick that it makes my nail polish smudge. It gives my nails a nice shine and does a good job keeping my polish from chipping. I would buy this top coat again.

on 5/23/2012 10:26:00 AM

Not much to say, just a good TopCoat that is neither life changing nor forgettable. Gives nails good shine and makes nail polishes last longer. If you want a good TopCoat, this is highly recommended.

on 5/7/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Sally Hansen Super Shine Top Coat is one of the best drugstore-brand topcoats that I have come across in a long time. The consistency is a little on the thin side but not so bad that it's hard to work with. I'm not a big fan of the brush because it seems to be a little stiffer than most so if you have a heavy hand it may tend to wipe off the polish. I just try to polish a little more gently with this one. Wear time is EXCELLENT at five to six days with absolutely no dulling. I've stocked up on this one and would definitely buy more if I ever ran out.

on 4/11/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Really not loving this as a top coat. Mediocre shine and polish chipped within the day. I am intrigued by the poster who liked it as a base coat, I may give this a try. Otherwise this is heading straight for the swap pile. ETA-seems to suck as a base coat as well. I'm done with this loser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Yes this gives a wet, glossy look. However, when using it alone, it chips in a day. I only wear clear nail polish and this one is a bust.