Burt's Bees eggplant [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/11/2007 12:45:00 AM

It's so sad that this lipstick was discontinued, because I absolutely loved it. While I am pale, I could pull off this color (with a little lipgloss underneath). The tingly feeling is great, and the smell was wonderful (peppermint). I also loved the metal tubes.

If you do happen to find this, and the lipstick is still in good condition, I would try it out.

(NW20)

on 10/13/2006 5:39:00 PM

Perfect for my fair skin. Love the minty flavor.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG lipstick. I love the feel, the mintyness of it and the color rocks. I bought about 8 lipsticks from Burt Bees and this one is the best by far.
*UPDATE: Still a great color. But im going vegan..so...alas the search will continue.

on 1/27/2006 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Looks purpley in the tube, turned out orange-fuschia on my lips. Horrible. If you have a problem with purple lipsticks going pink on you steer clear of this one. The texture when applying is very dry and it pulls on my lips. And while the formula does not dry out my lips per se, the ongoing pepperminty tingle this lipstick imparts bugs me. Its like Blistex gone bad. I feel like I need a seperate lip balm when I wear this, just to counteract the tingle- which to me gives me the subconscious impression that my lips are dry, which makes me want to rub my lips together to spread the lipstick to make them less dry, which releases the godawful peppermint flavor all over again,... its a vicious cycle.

on 1/19/2006 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Edit: 1 lippy off b/c i found perfection in the Organic Makeup Company lipstick - which is my new and forever HG and far more moisturizing. Here's my original review:Oh Burt - i want to kiss you! kiss kiss kiss! i LOVE this lipstick!! It is the perfect plummy colour for me.. moisturizes, lasts long and doesn't leave a freakish residual colour either (unlike other lipsticks *cough* maybelline *cough*).

i'll repurchase indefinitely. continued >>

on 8/16/2005 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is excellent lipstick. I love the mint taste and the smooth moisturizing feel. The color stays on you lips and works even better when you apply the lipliner first, filling in the lips before you apply the color. Top it with Champagne lip shimmer and you are gorgeous!

on 5/3/2005 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this color and looks great with lipgloss. very pretty color.

Popular Lipsticks