Dove Cool Moisture body lotion

4.2

on 2/3/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on the fence with this one... While I love the scent (light, pleasant, and clean) it didn't do much for moisturizing my skin. Not sure if I will re-purchase.

on 10/29/2010 10:39:00 PM

I love, love, love Dove products, however; I'm really sad that they have discontinued their facial products. This particular lotion is absolutely amazing. I love the light scent that it has, doesn't feel greasy and absorbs quickly. The cool feeling it leaves after application is so refreshing. There really isn't anything bad to say about this stuff...it's great all the way around.

on 5/9/2010 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

While I do like this smell because I am a huge fan of green tea, I do not like this lotion. I am trying to finish it only because I hate to waste product but this is much too thin and liquidy to really moisturize my skin. I like to put on lotion after I take a shower but when my skin is wet this lotion is disastrous against it. Will def not repurchase

on 2/1/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The great thing about the products in this line from Dove, is that they smell more of Green Tea than Cucumber. Cucumber scents in my opinion are often mixed with melon and become cloyingly sweet. That combo was ubiquitous a few yrs back and turned me off to anything with cucumber. But my mom gave me a Dove gift set that had the lotion here, deoderant, body wash, bar soap and body spray. I have not used the bar soap, but have used everything else in the line and like them all. The scent is somewhat reminiscent of the Healing Garden's green tea scent which might be discontinued. Its very subtle so you may not even pick up on that. The lotion is thin, so it spreads easily, non irritating on my uber sensitive skin. The scent lingers a bit but not enough to interfere with your perfume if thats different. I love this layered with the body spray, which actually smells like a much higher end scent. I find this moisturizing on my very, very, dry skin. It is light though so I use a cream in spots I need more. All in all a light, refreshing, but pretty, non cloying, lightly scented and fairly good at moisturizing, lotion, for a very good price.
(would give packaging higher rating but i want all lotions to come in a pump!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

this is one of my favorite body lotions of all time. i have normal skin, no real dryness unless i don't use some kind of lotion. i absolutely love the smell. a little goes a long way so a bottle lasts forever. i use this after shaving and don't get the ingrowns and itchiness that i've been plagued with since i started shaving. the price is also great. really no complaints from me

on 4/2/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After moving, I stumbled upon a big bottle of this in one of my boxes. I'm not a fan of cucumber, but since the bottle was staring me down, begging me to try it, I caved. It's a pretty decent lotion. It has a liquidy consistancy, so I doubt it'd be able to handle severly dry skin. It definitely soothes normal skin, and has a cool feeling after using it. I probably wouldn't buy this exact lotion again, but I'll definitely repurchase more Dove lotions.

Edit: I'm about 3/4 done with the bottle, and haven't seen much change in my skin. I use it every night, and my skin still gets dry spots overnight. I bumped my rating down to a 3, because it smells good and applies nicely, but it's just not worth it for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this lotion. It smells great and fresh. It gets absorbed very quickly. It is also a great lotion to use on freshly shaved legs (lol). Quite inexpensive and it goes on sale often at the pharmacy. Give this lotion a try, it's worth it.

on 1/22/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this lotion!

Pros:
The smell was light and didn't bother me at all.
The greasiness feeling fades in seconds!
Moisturized my skin fast and well.

Cons:
Can't think of any.

I would definitely buy this product again. It comes in a big bottle and is lasting me through really cold days for when I walk to school/etc.
I really love this lotion.

on 1/12/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice and moisturizing but I just don't like the cucumber scent too much.

on 12/24/2008 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lotion is great. It absorbs quickly and has a nice scent to it. It leaves skin feeling smooth and soft. This is great for normal skin but I don't think it would do much for dry skin.