August 30, 2014 | 1166 users online

Eye Shadow - mark - I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow- Biscotti

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had this eyeshadow for years, so I will first comment on its shelf life. Product looks, feels, smells and performs as it did when I first bought it.

Biscotti is a beautiful highlight or base color. It's unfortunate, really, that I forget about my Mark pallettes, because they do offer some very bold and pigmented colors and then lighter colors, like Biscotti, that are very wearable for every day and can be used alone, with comparable shades or as a highlight.

I've also always liked that you get a good amount of product for your money and I haven't checked to see if Mark still offers the same square pans that fit into the magnetic pallettes, but, I'm sure you can still fine these, if they aren't available on Mark. These pallettes were very innovative - before a lot of us were depotting and sticking our pans in magnetized pallettes - Mark was already doing this.

I'm not a spokesperson for Mark by any means - I just think that this shadow is really good and I regret not using it as often.

I won't buy again and that's not because the product isn't good. I won't buy again, because I've had my Mark shadows for so long and considering the amount of makeup I have, have no need for repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a good eyebrow highlight! its a shimmer shade, and with primer is great!! its an average color, nothing to clamour over, but it reminds me a little of stila kitten, but chunkier shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark. i-Mark eyeshadows are individual, square eyeshadows, meant to be snapped into Mark.'s Snap to It compacts to create a custom palette. This line of shadows is getting smaller and smaller, so I assume they're being phased out. I previously slammed the nine shadows that came in the Super Flip Color Kit. Will the shade I'm reviewing, Biscotti, be any better? i-Mark. shadows sell for $6 a piece for .08 oz of product. Mark. does not test on animals.
i-Mark.'s come packed in a small plastic container, but like I mentioned in the previous paragraph, these shadows are meant to be put into a Snap to It palette, so that's how I'll review them.
Mark.'s Snap to It palettes are magnetized compact's available in two sizes, Mini (holds two shadows, or one blush), and Mid (holds 4 shadows, two blushes, or a combo). Considering that the larger palette's name is "Mid", wouldn't it be logical for their to be a larger palette as well? I'm pretty sure there used' to be. These palette's are sleek and cute, and fairly sturdy, and come with a sponge double sided sponge tip applicator. These palettes are way too expensive for what they are. They push the price of shadows up from $12 for two, to $17.50 for two. And the prices of a single blush from $8 to $13.50. That's pushing Mark. into too high of a price range.
Anyway, back to Biscotti
Biscotti is soft, shimmery, Champagne shadow. It's extremely similar to Essence's Shimmer Powder in Prettylicious, but with a slightly yellowed tone. Being such a light shade, Biscotti is best for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner. As a shadow meant specifically for highlighting, Biscotti isn't intensely pigmented, nor should it be. If Biscotti were as intense on the eye as it looked in the pan, you might end up looking quite ridiculous. I haven't tried it personally, but I imagine Biscotti could also work quite well as a facial highlighter as well.
Biscotti has a really nice texture. It's soft and blends well. It wears decently and doesn't crease when worn over a primer. However it does fade somewhat, which is fail, since Mark. calls these shadows long wearing.
Biscotti is a decent eyeshadow if you're looking for a highlight shade. But honestly, I think you should skip it. It's extremely similar to Essence's Prettylicious Shimmer Powder, which is half the price, for significantly more product, and it comes in it's own compact already. However, if Essence isn't available to you, Mark.'s i-Mark in Biscotti isn't a bad buy, its pretty good quality and an ok value. It might look better on you if you have a warmer skin tone also. The quality of Biscotti is a huge step up from the shadows in the Super Flip Color Kit, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really nice color that goes well with so many other colors. I will use this with Crush and a brown eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by x3lipglossaddictx3

This color is gorgeous. Like the other i-mark custom eyeshadows, it's very pigmented, creamy, and easily blended. These eyeshadows are such great quality for a little price!
The only negative to me(and this is with all the i-mark shadows) is the packaging. They all come in a plastic bubble container, and you have to put them in your own magnetic palette. The plus to this is that you can create your palettes how you want to, but it's kinda annoying that they don't even come in a suitable pot.
This color is good for all over the lid or highlight. It can be applied wet or dry, but the pigmentation is great either way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this color as a highlight for my brow bone and in the corner of my eyes.
I've hit pan on this two times and am about to purchase a 3rd.
The finish is a shimmer/frost. It's almost like a creamy nude champagne color.
It applies evenly and smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful highlight shade for brow bones and inner corners. I find that on my pale skin you can't really see it when used on the lid though. Would definitely repurchase, you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

I love this shadow as well, it is awesome for the inner corners and even for highlighting the brow bone and even the top of the cheek bones, gorgeous staple and very inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A shimmery golden vanilla champagne color. Very pretty and will be great to use as a highlight on brow bones and inner corners of eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is light champagne in the pan. On my eyes it doesnt show up, if I really pile it on I'm left with an eyelid that is a few shades lighter than it really is and it looks really weird, I have the same problem w/ the shade Nomadic. It's very powdery .08oz.....edited: OK so before I threw this shade and Nomadic out I figured what the heck I'd try to apply them wet and it worked beautifully, real pretty in the inner corners and under the browbone..I first applied UDPP. If this wears good then I raise my rating ....edited: so this wore great by wetting it and applying it..no fallout, smudging, or creasing