September 30, 2014 | 1619 users online

Foundations - Besame - Souffle Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Whiskeytits

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It is rather pricey and comes in a tiny jar, but I quickly discovered that a little goes a VERY long way. It needed only minimal powder to set, and felt so damn good on my face that I forgot that I had it on (as an aside, I rarely wear foundation...I have a youthful complexion for a 38 year-old and I hate caking anything to my face.) Hours later, it still felt and looked good.

Some have mentioned a tea rose scent...the stuff must have been reformulated, for it is scent-free now (bummer for me, but others might like it better.)

I am a (very pale) Caucasian of recent Native American descent, and the Yellow Cameo matched so perfectly that I almost couldn't tell that I had something on. This has never happened in my life

In short, I would marry this shit if it were legal.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually got this in a swap with another MUAer, because I love Besame products and have wanted to try this for ages. For reference, I am NW15, but I got "medium beige." Darker than what I would have purchased if I'd had a choice (Medium Beige is closer to NW30), but I figured I'd take what I could get and give it a try. The foundation itself is in a glass jar with a screw-on red plastic lid with the Besame logo. It is a heavily pigmented, dense cream with a light rose scent. This has a very thick consistency, almost like that of a concealer. I did find that I can sheer this out enough to be able to wear it, even though the color is pretty dark for me. I put a small dot of the foundation on each cheek, my forehead, and nose, spritzed my face with MAC Fix+, and blended with my ELF Studio powder brush. It blended easily and dried to a velvety smooth, matte finish. I topped this with NARS loose crystal setting powder, and it lasted through an entire workday & some outdoor activity, during August in Texas. Staying power is good, and I like that the finish seems to be a matte velvet. I would call this a medium to full coverage foundation, but know that it can be sheered out to a light coverage depending on your application method. I know this is discontinued, but I was also told by Gabriela that they will be reintroducing this within the next few months. I am very much looking forward to buying my actual skin color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This highly-pigmented and thick foundation is actually much more wearable than I imagined it would be. I had to purchase two shades--Yellow Cameo and Bisque--to mix and match to my skin tone, but I think it's worth it for the result. Though it's much heavier than most foundations I use, it's surprisingly easy to sheer out and get perfect coverage from. It's also less oily than many alternatives, and has long-lasting and natural coverage. I'll buy again whenever I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by katypie232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my night out foundation - i find it a little heavy for the day time. It covers well and it lasts all night, which is quite a feat in my book! My skin is prone to redness and is oily, so to find a foundation that deals with both AND stays on is fantastic. My only problem with this is the packaging, i hate foundation in a pot, the lid comes off and i worry about bacteria getting in from my skin etc. I use a clean foundation brush everytime i apply it, and i keep it safe in a little pop sock!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Fuquaylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this foundation in the color named Cameo - it had quite a bit of a yellow undertone - but blended in nicely without looking obviously yellow - I wear a MAC NW20 or NW25 foundation. With the product name containing Souffle, I thought this would be light and fluffy, but it is actually a dense cream. It dries to a powder type finish on my skin once applied. I applied with my fingers and blended with a sponge. I set with Guerlain meteorites powder in Mythic. The flawless look lasted all day - and I had absolutely NO shine after 10 hours. I have never been able to wear cream foundations, I usually wear liquid or powder foundations but have fallen in love with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by brightredlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up during the Besame sale in Yellow Cameo since Bisque was sold out. The packaging is really cute and I love the glass jar it comes in. Classy. As expected, Cameo was too tan for me. I have a feeling thought that in a lighter color, this would be a perfect foundation for me. However, I discovered that if I apply this with a little bit of MF Pancake over it, the yellow is toned down. Throw on some Coty Airspun to cut down the dewy look of the Souffle and I've got lovely vintage skin. Oh, and the rose smell is border-line between old lady and classic scent. I still haven't decided which.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

This foundation comes in a glass jar and is a dense cream. It provides medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it. It is very heavily pigmented and can double as a concealer. However, it does emphasize any textural issues your skin may have, such as lines, wrinkles, or flakes. Also, it doesn't wear that well over time... my complexion definitely does not look as perfect and fresh at the end of the day as it did in the beginning when I use this. Overall, it's not bad IF your only problem is discoloration.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this foundation for a little over a week, and so far, I am really liking it.

I have normal to dry skin that's not prone to breakouts. My skintone is light with yellow understone (MAC NC25). Yellow Cameo is a great match for my skin. When I first dotted it on my face, it appeared too dark and peachy, but once blended, it disappeared into my skin.

The coverage is definitely full. I only need a very small amount to cover my face. Then I use a little bit more under my eyes and around my nose. It is very convenient for travel because it's a tiny jar, and can be used as both foundation and concealer.

The foundation is quite long lasting, probably because it's so pigmented. I have a lot of problems with foundations turning orange on me, but not with this one. It basically looks the same at the end of the day as it does when I first put it on.

I do find it accentuates any dry flakes on my face, so I have to make sure I exfoliate and moisturize well. Otherwise I find myself picking off the skin flakes with my tweezers (gross, I know). continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

First, I got this on sale for $10. I hope Besame is not d/cing this marvelous product! You will be amazed at the little jar which resembles packaging for concealer more than foundation. It is that tiny, and you will suspect you got rooked on this deal. But wait. You need the teeniest, tiniest amount dotted on nose, forehead, cheeks and chin, Just the merest dab. And then, it blends out awesomely, amazingly, astoundingly, like magic! I use my fingers. It does help to have moisturizer on underneath to help it blend more easily. The coverage is wonderful. It is less a souffle, which connotes a mousse-like texture, and more of a dense cream. May not be suitable for oily skins or those prone to breakouts. If you have normal to dry skin, and you have been looking for non-cakey coverage, for redness, scars, dark circles, etc., this product delivers in spades. The finish is neither matte nor dewy, and is actually quite natural -- sort of velvety. I found I needed less concealer, and really could have gone without it. Sets well with a dusting of powder. The colors are not plentiful, but if you find a match, and you need coverage, do try this. I do worry about contamination since it is in a jar, so perhaps a foundation brush should be used to dip into the product. It is tiny enough to keep in your purse, and does not spill. It is a pretty jar, too. HG!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkynono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first got a sample of yellow cameo, it was too dark and yellow and i didn't like it at all. then I got one in bisque from a friend, thought it was gonna be too light and pink for my NC20 asian skin, but it turned out so perfect. totally flawless but yet natural. no trace at all! And a little goes so a long way and stay a whole day! as this is so much cheaper than my former HG GA lsf, i will stick with this as long as they still make it.