October 24, 2014 | 2011 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in the Sephora 500 point freebie. This is a nice neutral rose-with-a-touch-of-brown color that would work on just about anyone. I have fair, warm-toned skin. This will be a great fall/winter shade. A little goes a long way; I apply w/ a stipple brush for better blending. This can also work on lips, although it doesn't wear too well, but works in a pinch. On lips it has a much browner tone. The packaging is solid and sleek. This is a good item to throw in your purse for a work day or when you might need to quickly touch up both cheeks & lips. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never tried anything from BB, but I was looking for a cream blush and this one kept popping up in the reviews. I have the cream blush by Ellis Faas and I love that, so I had high expectations.

First of all, you only need to use very little. The texture is almost like a cheek stain and is very pigmented, so if you've used too much, it'll be hard to take it off. 3 light taps with my finger is all I need for a nice blush on 1 cheek. Like with most makeup, building up the color/coverage is better than correcting. This little pot will last me a really long time, I'm sure.

The texture of the blush is such that I have to blend it in farly quickly to avoid concentration of pigment. Since I use my finger, my bodyheat helps to blend in and smooth out the color, although that's a matter of personal preference. Other reviewers used brushes and they seemed content with that too.

I really like the color, it suits my lightly tanned Asian complexion very well. It's a warm pink and I imagine this color will suit all skin colors, since you can build up the color very easily.

The packaging works well, you could open it with one hand if needed and the mirror comes in handy for touch-ups when you're on the road.

I haven't used this product for my lips because I don't like matchy-matchy colorwise.

I will repurchase this when it's finished, which will be in another 2 years I think :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This is seriously bang for your buck! Lips AND cheeks AND it lasts FOREVER!!! A little really goes a long, long, long way. I've had this for months and I've barely made a dent in it. It is so pigmented, goes on so smoothly, and the colour I'm using (rose), looks so natural. It gives my face a natural flush and this slight hint of colour is all I need in the morning to look fresh faced and alive without looking too made up.

The part I love about this most is the fact that it's so compact and comes with a mirror of its own. Did I already mention it's 2-in-1? Also you could use a brush but you can easily use your fingers (I always sanitize my hands first) and I also find this a better application method.

Of all the things I've used from Bobbi Brown. This is my favourite. It was also my first, and the reason why I ventured into other Bobbi Brown cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this pot rouge so much! I have a sample size that I received in a QVC today special value. I actually use BBs foundation brush to apply this, somehow this method helps this product really blend in. For the ultimate easy natural look, I put on some foundation, rose on my cheeks and my lips (light touch is important) and some mascara...amazing! When done right it is just magical!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the pot rouges--I have rose and pink truffle. The rose is a perfect everyday color---deep but not too deep like the pink truffle. Easy to blend--I use a concealer brush to apply.

I wouldn't say these are any better than Stila convertible color--they are about the same. If I had to repurchase I would consider both BB and stila for a cream blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the 5th pot rouge I purchased and the only one I kept. Right when I was about to give up on Bobbi's rouges, Rose finally made me a believer. I owned Blushed Rose, Summer Pink, Summer Tan and Powder Pink but none of these looked great/natural on me as I always looked liked I had major clown cheeks. Rose, however, looks super gorgeous and natural on me giving me a healthy and confident blush. It's a pretty, vibrant rosey color that is (finally) nowhere near being muddy, brownish or pinkish. To make it last longer, I put Rose Pot Rouge on first and then put powder blush, preferribly BB Tawny, on top. This lasts all day without me having to touch up or reapply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second pot rouge and love it! My first pot rouge was the Pink Truffle ( neutral shade ) which I adore. By, Bobbi Brown's standards the Rose is brighter ( not garish ) than some of her other pot rouge. The pink in the Rose gives a healthy, vibrant, but still natural looking appeal. I prefer to use the Bobbi pots for lips, and the MAC cream blush for the cheeks. Both Bobbi Brown pot rouge were purchased off the Bay and came in the mini size. The mini size pot will last forever. Its a great way to sample before investing in the larger size. I'm light-med. skin tone, blue eyes with dark hair. You really can't go wrong with most of the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by suliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Summer Pink, Pink Truffle and Rose. Summer pink is a brownish pink with a hint of coral. Pink Truffle is more of a brownish pink without any hints of coral. Rose is a nice rosy pink, and it is exactly as its name implies. Rose gives a lovely, natural flush. What I love about Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge is that it gives a nice glow on the cheeks without shimmers. Shimmers give away the fact one is wearing blusher! I prefer to keep things looking natural.

Rose is a beautiful colour which I think would suit any complexion except those who are very tanned or those with dark skin. I use Warm Sand (2.5) for Bobbi Brown's foundations. I also use Natural (4) when I'm tanned. Rose goes well with both. It gives a fresh, healthy glow and has intense pigments, which means that a little goes a long way. I would definitely repurchase if I run out of these, but I don't think that would ever happen since the pot is rather huge. While the price is somewhat steep, it's well worth the money since it'll last a very very long time!

I've applied mine with my fingers as well as a synthetic blusher brush (I'm vegan, so I only use synthetic brushes...hehe..). It works well with both, however, I think it's more hygienic to use a brush. I hardly use the pot rouges on my lips as I find them a tad drying, so I prefer using lip products on my lips. However, it works perfectly with lip balm underneath. I use either Chapstick Ultra or Neutrogena lip balm before applying the pot rouge on my lips, but it takes away the staying power. On its own, it stays much longer and fades to a lovely, natural-looking stain. It's ideal for travel since it's a dual-purpose product.

Overall, I'd say that I'm satisfied with this product...and I LOVE the pot! It's simple yet it feels luxurious!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Kesha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i collect all BB Pot Rouges, from all of them my skin just didn't match with this shade, dunno why but when i use it on my cheeks i look more mature than my actual ages.
But it still great color for my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I ordered it online and I wasn't sure if the color is going to suit me or not.
But it's perfect for me (NW20).
This is a truly great product I would always recommend (BB has many great shades of it, I am sure there is plenty of choice for everybody out there).
It can get a bit drying on the lips, but I don't care a lot about that, since you can always add some balm or gloss over the top.
When I don't really have enough time to do my make up, and I look really tired: just a tiny amount of this on cheeks and lips (together with mascara and maybe a drop or two of concealer) works miracles.
It looks very natural, as if you wouldn't wear any make up at all.
That is what I like the most about this product.
The consistency is great, and it is really very easy to work with this product and to blend it.
I use it on the lips with a brush, or with my fingers - it works both ways.
I would love to have some more colors.
The container is big, and you only need small amounts of this product.
It is going to last for ages.