Bulgari aqva

3.8

on 3/25/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this fragrance! It was given to me as a gift and a few of us had a go at opening it as the container was tricky to work out at first, but we persevered and opened it. I don't like heavy scents but find this one very refreshing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My cousin wears this and I love it, in a totally normal way. haha. My cousin is 8 years older than I am, and I think it added to the brotherly mature working male image that I have of him ever since I was young. I tried to get my bf to wear this or in fact any cologne, but I'm failing at it.

on 2/21/2009 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lovely slightly salty aquatic. An excellent summer scent, though it definitely leans towards the masculine. This in not necessarily a problem and I like it much more for a unisex scent than, say, CK One.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product for myself a couple of weeks ago because I liked the soothing quality of this fragrance. The scent is fresh, light, and clean and I love the unisex quality of the cologne. On the downside, I agree that it is rather unadventurous and lacks presence. I would not use this fragrance to make a statement and I could not rely on it to stand out in a crowd. It is not so much that it is boring as it is non-assertive--a trait that is good for daytime in a crowded classroom with no escape route.

One last complaint consists of this fragrance's staying power--I feel like I always have to reapply it after 3 or 4 hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a fresh, pleasant scent, but only 4 lippies because it's been done before...think Acqua di Gio, but with more spice. Unisex. I do really like it, but took away one lippie for lack of originality.

on 11/24/2006 11:37:00 AM

'Aqva' neither delights nor disappoints. It is not dissimilar to a host of mens' fragrances available today, all of which are pleasant, unmistakably masculine, versatile, and unlikely to cause offence. It is undeniably well-crafted and smells reassuringly familiar. There's a marine note with some woods, and touches of citrus, spice and amber. And as its name implies it is light and transparent. The overall effect is rather like enjoying a Mediterranean sea breeze from the safety of a hotel balcony. Pleasant, but unadventurous.

on 3/27/2006 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My husband and I just went out to pick up a new fragrance for him and settled on Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme. This is a really fresh, just out of the shower scent, with a touch of sexy spiciness that adds to its allure. It's a great scent for daytime office to evening wear. The smooth disc shaped bottle is very cool, too.

on 3/22/2006 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This fragrance is wonderful! My husband was wearing this the other day and I kept sniffing his neck.
I rarely go ga-ga on men's fragrances but this is one that I do. I looked at the notes and a couple I'd never heard of before. I find it irritating when companies give fancy names to things that aren't so much.
The notes listed are: Mandarin, Petit Grain, Santolina, Posidonia and Mineral Amber.
Petit Grain is bergamot leaf and Santolina is a kind of herb. Posidonia is a marine plant found only in the Mediterranean Sea and Amber itself is a mineral so maybe that's just a fancy name for it?
Anyway I love this fragrance and will keep my husband well stocked.

Another new fragrance where the marketers try to entices you with exotic and improbable ingredients that no-one has ever heard of: Posidonia, santolina, mineral amber. I bought a bottle out of curiosity.

I smell fresh, authentic marine notes contrasting with a woody background - but not the usual cedarwood or sandalwood. A less familiar, peculiar peppery-oily 'mahogany' wood note recalling cypress oil. The fragrance is thin, lacking body - lacking the pleasant fruity-fresh punch of Davidoff's Echo or Cool Water. More in the direction of Navegar, but for me at least, not so wonderfully evocative of salt water and weathered timbers as the latter. All the same, an original scent with no danger of effeminacy so I don't regret the purchase.

The essence incidentally is made by the Swiss company Firmenich, multiple nobel prize winners and one of the best names in the business.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel