April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Eye Shadow - Becca - Eye Color Powder Shimmer in Shantung

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have a few Becca shadows and although they are nice, the colors arent particularly unique and they are pricey at $20. So lo and behold the Sephora sale discontinues the line so I grab a bunch of these for $5. Great deal at $5. Shantung is a dark rich chocolate brown with golden bronze undertones to it so its not just a plain brown. Very pretty. Darker with a hint more gold than jacquard. Its super pigmented and great for a smoky eye but also neutral enough for daytime wear. Very pretty but i dont know how unique i would say it is. Comes in a brown and silver compact with mirror.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shade reminds me of the e/s in Stila's Teak convertible eye pencil, except it's not as shimmery, so it appears a bit deeper. It's a neutral golden bronze, and makes my eyes look incredibly blue. I wear it on my lid, not just my crease, because I think it's better for creating a smokey look rather than for contouring. It's not as silky as I would like, so I took off one lippie. But it's still a very pretty color and different enough from most neutrals to make it worth having. Update 04/2006: I've discovered Shantung is a less shimmery version of Stila Golightly. It makes my eyes look SO incredibly blue, it's hard to describe. I do love the shade and wear it on days when I want a more subdued, more matte eye, but still wish it were silkier and easier to apply.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful dark brown-bronze shimmer w/ an antique gold undertone to it. I would almost say it's a irridescent dark brown, but you'd have to see it to know what I mean. I love this color so much, but for the price, I am very unhappy at the performance. It creases really bad and has no staying powder w/out an eyeshadow base. And still, the color fades really bad by days end. Plus, the eyeshadow crack immediately after I purchased it. The color is so unique that I still use it anyway until I find something w/ better staying power.