October 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Express Touch Cleansing Wipes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am actually pretty impressed with these wipes. I used them on a trip and found them surprisingly efficient, nice smelling, gentle and non-irritating. They didn't leave behind any soapy residue after removing my makeup and they didn't sting my eyes. I think these are the best wipes I have ever used and will always pick up a pack when travelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ClaraRose

Got this to use along with the Lumene Tender Drops Soothing moisturizer as my cheeks were getting very irritated and blotchy from the Finnish cold winter. I really like these makeup remover/ cleansing wipes. Very soothing and does not feel as oily as other kinds i have tried in the past. Definately my favourite cleansinq wipes. Good for people with irritated skin too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fakepalindromes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These do a decent job of removing everything but mascara (wait, aren't these supposed to be eye makeup removers?) and have a mostly inoffensive floral scent. I don't dislike them, but I see no point in buying these again when my heart belongs to Garnier Nutritioniste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

These really are nice! I bought them to keep in my car in case of emergencies, and after I opened up the package to use one, I took it into the house and used up the entire package! The scent is gorgeous, and the texture is just wonderful! It's great for getting off eye makeup, and I also love using them in the morning as I do my makeup for various reasons, like to fix small mistakes, clean up brushes/tools, wipe down hands as I go from one area of my face to another, etc. So many uses! I stock up when on sale, b/c I think the price is a bit high. Normally I use dollar store baby wipes, but those pale in comparison to these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

I love these things so much better than any other cleansing wipes I've tried (including baby wipes). They are thick & soft, so make for gentle cleansing of the skin. Mind you, I do not use these nightly (I have other cleansers for that), but they are great for lazy nights, quick cleaning of the face mid-day, hot sweaty days...etc. There are 10 in a package for about $2.50. I keep them in my purse because you never know when you need to clean your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Karine04

Love these cloths! I usually use them on non-makeup days, when before putting on makeup to go out at night. They clean my face and make it feel smooth. Afterwards, I just rinse and put on my aloe as makeup primer (no SPF needed at night) and then do my makeup. I have also used them on particularly lazy nights, and they take off all my makeup - again, I just rinse and moisturize afterwards. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by breeps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These remove all the gunk from my face and my eye-makeup easily. There's an obvious fragrance but it isn't too terrible. These wipes would be lovely (especially since they come in small convenient packs) but sadly they make my skin burn like mad! Not even rinsing with water helps. I have to wash my face with my Murad cleanser immediately after using a wipe. This makes me especially mad because the package says "conditioning" and even directs you NOT to rinse after use. Maybe my skin is more sensitive than I thought, but I'd expect more from something "conditioning".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 9:13:00 PM More reviews by glamourpuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My love for the Lumene line is growing by leaps and bounds. This was one of the first products I tried and it immediately achieved HG status. In a nutshell, these cleansing cloths are perfect. They're just the right size, very soft and thick, and they don't tear. They have a light, fresh scent and very effectively and easily remove every bit of my makeup and sunscreen without stripping my skin of moisture. In fact, I don't even need a moisturizer after I use these and I always need moisturizer. These cloths leave my skin feeling soft, clean, and as hydrated as if I have used moisturizer.

I think these are available only in packs of ten for about $2.50. A very good price and very handy for my purse. I foresee using these a lot this coming summer for freshening up midday, so it's nice that they're so portable, but I'd love a larger size with its own box for at home. All in all, a great product from a great line.

UPDATE: Okay, so these don't quite remove all my sunscreen unless I've already sweated most of it off, but they still deserve five lippies. I don't believe these little cloths were ever intended to remove sunscreen so it's not fair to punish them for not being up to the task. For the job of simple cleansing and refreshing they are top notch. Still waiting for Lumene to offer these in a nice, 100-count box for at home. Lumene, are you listening?