July 31, 2014 | 1243 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush has been the only bad Elf brush I've ever picked up. I bought it after trying many different Elf brushes and being absolutely ecstatic about the quality. This one is the complete opposite. I used it only twice before the hairs started falling out and straying all over my face. Then the metal piece came apart from the wooden handle. Not to mention the fact that the hairs are scratchy and uneven to the point that I had to snip off a few pieces to even it out. Overall, avoid this brush like the plague. Go ahead and spend the extra 2$ to get the Elf studio version.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush does not retain its shape even after just the first wash. It sheds a lot as well. It is also rough on the face. Even if it is dirt cheap, this brush isn't worth purchasing at all!
I would suggest the ELF complexion brush as a substitute to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by tweetytot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

TERRIBLE! DON'T WASTE A DOLLAR! REALLY ROUGH ON FACE!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

I love this brush! It's soft on my face. I use this brush for my powder and I love it. :) The only downside is that it sheds badly. But I mean, for $1 it's a pretty good deal! And the packaging is nice. :) I would recommend buying it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush was a huge disappointment. The bristles are incredibly rough, the brush sheds, and it does not hold shape after washing. I only used this brush twice because it was almost painful on my sensitive skin. I'd highly recommend spending the small amount extra to purchase a brush from the ELF Studio line instead. You'll get a much nicer brush that you'll actually use and still at a very low price. No point in wasting money on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Unfortunately the bristles are very harsh and fall out easily. I had this for about a month when the handle came unglued. It's only $1 so I'm not too upset but I'd stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this brush isn't the best. The bristles come out easily and are very obviously synthetic (in the way they feel, look, and smell.) I attempted to apply a powder product all over my face with this brush. NOT a good idea. It feels uncomfortable and a little scratchy. I tried to buff in some foundation with this brush and it shedded and left brush marks so I had to go over again with my hands. Thing is, this brush is only a dollar so if you still want to try it, wont be a big loss. If you do try it and it works for you, then you've got yourself a great deal! If it doesn't work for you, then you can let it sit in your makeup bag and just have it to make your brush collection look bigger, like I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by niamreg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With this brush, you definitely get what you pay for. It works as well as you'd expect from a $1 brush--gets the job done in a bind but really isn't any good. It is very scratchy and does hurt your face when you use it. You're much better off paying an extra $2 for a brush in their studio line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

Because this brush only costs $1, there really is no way to go wrong. I purchased this to replace my Eco Tools face brush. I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' in most cases. This is one of them. It's a cheap, scratchy brush you'd get from the dollar store. ELF is hit or miss for me. I'll get around to replacing this eventually, but have been using it for a months in the mean time. Face brushes are not something I feel is needed to spend a lot of money on. I'd prefer to save my money for a kabuki, foundation, and/or some eye brushes. I have one other ELF brush (eyeshadow) that I really love. For the most part, I am not a huge fan of ELF stuff. I know people love it, and every so often they do a great job on a product here and there, This isn't one of them! Skip.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and a bunch of other brushes from the essential and studio lines. This was supposed to be a gift but there is no way I'd give this to someone, it's exactly like those brushes from cheap giftsets that are worthless. Save your money and buy the studio one instead!