October 25, 2014 | 1833 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Talc-Free Mineral Wear - Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Rating: 4.5/5.0
I love Physician's Formula bronzers! This is my third bronzer from this company. They really do make high quality products for an affordable price, of course I purchase their products when they are on sale and when I have coupons etc.
COLOR: I bought this in the Mineral Wear pressed bronzer form. (I've uploaded a picture to show the compact.) The colors are in a "leopard" form meaning its really two shades combined together. I just tend to swirl my brush over the entire powder though so I can't say if you can get the lighter or darker color strictly. The color is a flattering medium shade that doesn't pull orange, or red on my NC 20ish skin.
FINISH: I mainly use this to contour my face and I find this color isn't too shimmery or too matte. The texture is light and soft so no need to press your brush really hard to get product.
PRICE: They are on the pricer side of the drugstore but one could always wait for sales which are often on this line.
PACKAGING: The mirror is in a compartment below the powder palette so it is annoying to some but I don't reapply my bronzer during the day necessarily so I don't find it a necessity to see the mirror on top. The brush it comes with is totally scratchy so I keep it in there just in case but it applies the bronzer in a streaky manner.
OVERALL: The product doesn't break me out, its affordable and readily available, and the color doesn't turn during the day. A definite repurchase for me, but since the product is so well pigmented as my other bronzers from this brand, each one could last you a year or more with everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! I have it in medium and have had the same bottle for a couple of years - yes, it really does last that long so its a great value buy. Its a beautiful matte bronzer that looks realistic. No weird orangey color or shimmery stuff in it. I am able to use it all year round. It perks me up in the winter and it enhance my tan beautifully in the summer. It blends great over my other mineral makeup and looks natural so I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PinkMademoiselle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is hands down my HG bronzer and the best I have ever used. I wish I could give it a ten. I've tried a lot of high end bronzers thinking it's the one product worth splurging on, but if I had discovered this sooner, I would have save a lot of money. I had it in my stash for a long time, but the packaging really turned me off, so I didn't bother using it. I think PF really knows bronzers better than anyone else. I would gladly pay department store price for this because it just gives me the most perfect glow. I use "Bronze" in the pressed compact. I'm between NW15-20, I have freckles, which can look blotchy at times. I need the help of a bronzer to help diffuse the light and blend in my freckles, but still allow them to show through a little. PF offers a lighter version of this, but I think it leans too much towards the orange side. The Bronze color isn't orange at all. It is super pigmented though, I barely touch my brush to the powder and I have more than enough product for an entire area of my face. I started to use it with my 187 dupe from ULTA and love it. I get a very sheer and natural application by sweeping it in a figure 3 on each side of my face. I also want to add that this product is very kind to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have broken out from other bronzers before, but never once from this. I also love that even though it doesn't have any shimmer, it's not matte. I've used matte bronzers before and gotten a really flat finish. This looks more dewy and it gives that soft-focus glow. I just can't rave enough about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lextasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG bronzer and I am so glad I found it--just had to write a review on here! I am SUPER pale (NW15), and every other bronzer looked orangey on me, including MAC golden which was my HG bronzer for years (don't really know why...), Wet 'n Wild bronzer, Bare Minerals warmth....

Luckily I found this stuff and no longer look orange! I got the lighter bronzer shade (there's a light one and a dark one). Keep in mind that this has little to no shimmer--so if you like sparkles this may not be for you. I was looking for something without shimmer so that I can use it for contouring as well if I wanted to. It looks great--the first time I got it I LOADED on the color and then went out in the daylight to test it out and make sure it wasn't orange. It certainly didn't disappoint.

I find it blends nicely but a little goes a long way--it is best to use a fluffy powder brush and not be so heavy-handed with this stuff (unless you're from Long Island like me, in which case everyone is heavy-handed with bronzer here....LOL!) And of course, the brush it comes with is good for nothing, nobody should ever use it, which is why I gave it a 4 for packaging.

I also think the finish of this bronzer is amazing--it made my skin look really nice. It was even a little bit mattifying when I put the tiniest bit on my nose. I swear my pores looked a bit less noticeable! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by ritumoni

i bought this randomly because it was on sale. Im glad i did...iv been using it everyday since summer up untill now... i LOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS A BRONZING VEIL-i dont kno what it deos for others but it coverd up most of my acne scars on my cheek and i have a lot it coverd it up and gave a nice tan glow, natural glow. i apply it straight on my apple cheeks ...its an amazing product and iv gotten many compliments on it...i am nc4--nw35.. it works well to give me natural glow!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by gigglygal1o1

I actually really like this product. I love that it is a mineral bronzer and free of talc, and I also love that the bronzer is matte, not shimmery. I like applying this with a kabuki brush. This is perfect for that healthy flush of color on the cheeks but can also be dusted lightly on temples, nose, and chin for a radiant summer glow. The thing I don't like about this is the flimsy packaging with the brush... though a mirror is nice, the compartment for the brush makes the compact bulky... I've had this for at least a year and have just recently hit the pan. I probably will repurchase this little gem :D

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by acidstars9

This product was difficult to blend and make it look natural. It isn't really any different than putting on dark (for my skin) powder. It doesn't have any special glow or shimmer, and the color is very bland and muted.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't work on me because it's my exact skin tone. I guess if you are fair this would be bronzer on you. It also has almost no shimmer at all--which is not a bad thing--but it couldn't even use it as highlighter. They also need to work on the packaging. But with my coupon I got it for next to nothing so I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkpeachz

it stays on my face, it's gentle and no breakouts! not too obvious either~ natural look. when you dab ur brush onto the powder (pressed powder version) the powder goes flying everywhere like DUST!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by siameselouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I initially bought this product because it was on sale at a local drugstore and I had a coupon. While I love several Physicians Formula products, this is not one of them. Bronzer usually looks good one me; I have a light-olive complexion that tans easily (although I've been good and stayed out of the sun since I was in my mid-20's--don't want to look like beef jerky one of these days!). However, this one definitely does not. It's somewhat orangey, and it kind of looked "dingy" on my face. The container is terrible--it takes LOTS of shaking to get powder onto the brush, which is too scratchy. If you shake too much out, there's no way to put it back into the container and it winds up making a mess of counter-/vanity tops. I'm sticking with Bare Escentuals' "Warmth" powder of Wet'n'Wild's matte bronzers from now on!