July 29, 2014 | 2071 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Biotherm - Biocils Eye Makeup Remover Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I got a bottle of this when purchasing other Biotherm products. It's just bad. Like others have mentioned it's very slime-y feeling, odd texture like jello. It kind of falls out of the bottle like gooey slop, then when I pressed it to my eyes with a cotton pad it felt cold, what . . why? I don't see the point of this product or the thinking behind it. I tried using this several times and it really does a poor job of removing eye make-up. It removed eyeshadow but just barely. Mascara? Not at all. It also stings anywhere near the lashes and dries out skin slightly.

I like a few Biotherm products, but the only good thing about this one was the nice packaging, other than that this is not worth a second look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This eye makeup remover has a weird consistency to it, a little bit cold and slimy. I have to squeeze out a little, spread it out on a cotton pad with my fingers before I can apply it on my eyes.

I'm used to a water/oil based eye makeup remover and I find this remover a little drying afterwards. The skin around your eyes does feel really clean and fresh after the eye make up is removed and it does a good job removing your makeup, but this isn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by cham_jw

Received a small sample bottle from my aunt.

Useless product! Allthough it claims to be for "sensitive eyes", it stings my eyes & doesn't clean away waterproof eye makeup. DO NOT BUY.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by petrojulia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst makeup remover. I thought I'm gonna go blind after this thing went into my eyes. Try rinsing your eyes with soap and vinegar and maybe you get the same effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size of this as a GWP. I strongly prefer this over oily makeup removers such as Yves Rocher and Elizabeth Arden's All Gone.

This does not irritate my eyes. It feels like it refreshes my eyes and it rinses off easily. I add this to my dried out Almay makeup removing pads, which are the perfect size and thickness (they are my HG).

Other reviewers have said this doesn't completely remove their makeup, but for me as a relatively light makeup wearer this is fantastic. To get an idea of how often I wear eye makeup these days, this sample size (1 oz I believe) has lasted me 3 years.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been wanting to try this for a while now since I'm a big Biotherm skin care fan for quite a few years. I received a 1oz GWP of this and I'm pretty disappointed. It's a gel formula that like most others, needs to be put on a cotton pad and swiped across the eye area. It took a few passes to wipe my mascara (Biotherm, haha.. non-waterproof) off of my lashes, but it still left a bit here and there. It also didn't do much in the way of removing my eyeliner (also not waterproof).

As others have said in their reviews, it's a nice gel that feels 'cool' on the skin, but that's about all. My eye makeup wasn't taken all the way off and it left my entire eye area feeling dry and tight (very odd for Biotherm!). The only plus that I can think of is that it didn't leave a greasy residue, and there was no heavy fragrance like a lot of removers have.

I will not purchase and can not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this from my mom, who didn't need it. I've been using the Neutrogena remover for years, but I think I'll be switching! I've only used it once, but it did a fantastic job. I barely rubbed it in before rinsing and every speck of eye makeup was gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

Biocils is a very average makeup remover IMO. It definitely doesn't remove all my makeup, regardless of how much I use, or how long I work at it. However, it doesn't irritate my eyes at all, so I will give it a 3 anyway. I would never purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

This is the best eye make-up remover I have ever used. It gets all your make-up off (even tough mascara) it's not greasy at all and it doesn't irritate your skin or your eyes - I have had problems with this in the past. It's a bit pricey, but the bottle lasts about 4 months if you use it once a day and it's definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by bobowitz89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this eye makeup remover.
It doesnīt sting my eyes like the others said.
This one cleans my eyes a lot better than Helena Rubinstein, Estee Lauder and more eye make up removers and it doesnīt leave greasy/oily feel like the other one. Im fast using this gel remover from Biotherm than other removers.
I will definitley buy this again when I finish the one I have from HR. And itīs cheaper than most others here in my country.