Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Dark Chocolate

4.5

the ingredients in the eyeliner include: cyclomethicone, synthetic beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, arachidyl behenate, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristalina), bht, [ /- (may contain) iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), aluminium powder (ci 77000), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)] [iln23130]

on 6/30/2015 4:42:00 PM

My mom has been using these eyeliners for over 5 years, and I just started to use them this year because now that I'm 14 I'm starting to get into makeup. I can't really compare them to any other eyeliner because this is pretty much the only one I have tried. Dark chocolate is a really pretty neutral brown and is completely matte which I love. I packaging is pretty nice, it twists up so you don't have to sharpen it. However, it doesn't twist down which could be a good or bad thing. As a 14 year old, I have only been using this eyeliner to tight line, and nothing else. As I'm applying it, I have to do it at 2 or 3 times to get the darkness and intensity I want. It's not super creamy and opaque. I think it lasts a really good time on my tight line, about 6 hours. I do still bring this into my backpack or purse because it tends to fade into a light brown in a few hours. I wouldn't repurchase it because it's really expensive and I want to try something from the drugstore.

on 10/29/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how creamy it is, but I don't like how fat the end is so you can't do a super fine line. I do enjoy that it has a smudger on one end which is nice to smoke it out. All in all it's a pretty good eyeliner, not my favorite but not the worst either.

on 7/3/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The product itself is good, not the packaging. At one point the "lead" broke loose from the mechanical pencil and fell out. Another problem is if you're not careful, you'll put the wrong cap on the wrong end and smash the tip of the eyeliner. Additionally, the smudge tip gets gross after a while and you kind of don't want to use anymore. The chocolate color wearable and neutral, but if your eyes have a tendency to get red and irritated, it isn't the best color to downplay the redness. Because of the inability to sharpen, I found this product a little difficult to apply neatly at times. It is a "quick liner." When I'm in a hurry in the morning, there's nothing I can apply much faster. It must be something about the texture. The staying power is adequate--not exceptional, not bad. I might purchase this product again in a different color but I'm not sure yet.

on 5/25/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been using this for about a year and I love this liner for my hazel eyes, it really brings out the blue in them. The staying power is really good especially combined with Urban Decay's eye primer...it'll last all day. This pencil does double duty for me because I also use it on my eyebrows. I have tried so many different eye pencils and just never found the right natural looking one that brings out the color in your eyes while making your brows look gorgeous, this is it!

on 11/1/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought the intense black.

Pros:
- waterproof
- good, sturdy pencil shape that makes it easy to control
- jet black color
- dont have to sharpen the liner

Cons:
- expensive
- shimmery effect

on 9/26/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a matte dark brown eyeliner that has excellent staying power. I wore this all during the summer, even to the swimming pool. I would swim underwater with my daughter and this liner did not budge! It is amazing. The only downside is that it doesn't go on as smooth and creamy as some other liners. However, I'd totally recommend it due to the staying power.

on 7/2/2012 7:17:00 PM

I recently got this in a gwp and I really like it! This liner is really easy to apply and the color is perfect for my really pale skin. I'm a fan of clinique products because I think they aim to enhance natural beautey and are usually pretty natural looking so while this eyeliner was great for me because it was natural if you like a more intense eye look this won't be for you. The staying power was pretty good, better than the clinique gel liner that I usually use and I could touch my eyes without getting eyeliner all over my face, yay! Not holy grail worthy but I like it, it's a good product if you're a clinique fan you'll like this.

on 4/27/2012 7:11:00 AM

its ok - not super bad not fantastical - nothing super special. does the job i guess? not super sure i'd buy this product again - will probably try another brand like MAC next

on 12/19/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am highly impressed by this liner. I hate clinique cuz their products suck ass, but to be fair, this liner is excellent. The color is perfect for me, the stay on power is second to none, the texture is wonderful. will buy again for sure.

on 9/18/2011 4:21:00 AM

Gorgeous matte dark brown, applies somewhat smoothly (although not nearly as smooth as UD 24/7 eyeliners), and has good staying power. After a 12 hour day, most of the liner was still on, although faded some at the corners. Also did not irritate my sensitive eyes.