August 21, 2014 | 2033 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Futurist Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Sam3215

Love this! I couldnt ask for a better lipstick! It even has an SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I'm looking for a no-nonsense, honest-to-goodness, blood-red lipstick. Some ladies here have given me great suggestions (thank you, ladies!). However, since I'm not exactly flush, I rummaged in my Makeup Warehouse 13 (where I keep that "vintage" stuff that I don't want to get rid of for sentimental reasons) before I went out and spent money. And I stumbled on a EL Futurist Lipstick. I can't remember when I got it, but it doesn't smell, or taste, or look bad, it's still creamy and perfectly wearable (it pays to take good care of your MU). The color is Very Red, and boy, they aren't kidding. This is a gorgeous, deep, 1940s Femme Fatale, blood red. I call it my Spy-from-Shanghai color. Just what I was looking for. Of course, it's been discontinued (don't you hate it when that happens?), and that is just a blooming shame. I'm reserving it for special occasions.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a tube of this lipstick in Smoky Topaz, which is a brown bronzed nude. The formula is soft and wears well, but the color is just too warm and dark for my complexion. I probably won't purchase anything else from the Futurist line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the Futurist line has been discontined, but I was able to purchase it at an outlet near my home. It's highly pigmented and the formula is rich and creamy. I paid only $14.00 for it after tax, and I think I will go back and get a couple more colors before they all run out. This is a great lipstick. A huge bonus: It doesn't have that typical Estee Lauder fruit/wax smell that I really don't care for. Oh, well, like lots of things in life, the best stuff doesn't last or, in this case, gets 86'd.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mfecteau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick, but I understand that all Futurist lipsticks are being discontinued. :( My local Estee Lauder rep didn't have any in stock. Is there any way that we can boycott this??

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2006 8:32:00 AM More reviews by rosesandviolets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the shade 'Passionate Plum' and if ever there was a lipstick deserved to have 'plum' in its title than this is it - very plum (don't know about the passionate part). The pigment is top quality, creamy on the lips. Reminds me of 1920s goodtime gals and that is how I feel when I put it on... makes me want to cut my hair into a bob to complete the picture. After writing all that I must also admit that the colour could do more for me but doesn't so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Rhonan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great stuff - very moisturizing and contains a decent SPF. The previous reviewer doesn't seem to understand the process of safety testing in cosmetics.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by ingad

I do respect the fact some people do not care about dangerous ingredients in the cosmetics, but if you do read this.
THIS PRODUCT IS LOADED WITH ingredients posing potential CANCER risks, ingredients posing potential gastrointestinal or liver toxicity hazards, ingredients with potential to instigate immune system response that can include itching, burning, scaling, hives, and blistering of skin (sensitization).
www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by BlueSakura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Passionate Plum (shade 21) as a GWP eons ago. I am a lipstick addict~ I collect lipstick like crazy, and I own enough GWP lipsticks to open a store! So this means a lot when I say that this lipstick is undoubtedly my all-time favorite. The color is perfect for my skin tone~ as the name implies, a darkish plum color that looks pinky brown at first glance, but actually doesn't seem to have too many brown undertones. It has a subtle shimmer, and it looks shiny enough on my lips that I sometimes skip my usual gloss that i wear over lipsticks. The formula itself is very rich and creamy. The coverage is moderate to full, so it's very slightly sheer~ I like wearing my lipsticks with full coverage, so an extra layer of this does the trick for me. I definitely like this over the Pure Color Crystal lipstick, which is too sheer feels a little too light for my tastes, and has that funky "fig" smell on top of that. I usually never buy lipsticks (I have so many GWPs that I don't need to!), but I'll definitely be buying this one once I use it up. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ddai100

Really love this lipstick. It goes on smooth. Great staying power. No heavy fragrance or bad taste. Blazing Berry is my favorite. It's such a great shade. I love the way I feel when I put it on. I'm really upset they're discontinuing this lipstick line.