April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

Pressed Powders - Annabelle - SKINTRUE

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by RavenOfShadows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this in 'Light' as recommended by the beauty counter staff but as I'm seemingly incredibly pale it's a little dark for me, but it would probably be just right for the summertime when I have a bit of colour to my skin. The powder itself is of a fine texture, goes on smooth if you apply it right, and hasn't caused any irritation while I've been trying it out. It isn't heavy enough to give any real coverage - so if this is something you are looking for you should probably look at some other products or just start with a liquid foundation underneath - but I only wanted it to cover up my slightly oily T-zone (which it does well, with a nice matte finish). Personally I hate wearing too much on my skin and so for that aspect this powder is great, it's light enough that I don't even realise I've got it on. My only wish was that the Light shade was a little lighter!
The packaging is nice and sturdy too, so if you're like me and a bit clumsy, this seems like it could hold up to being bumped around etc. The applicator it comes with is thin and I wouldn't suggest using it anyways as they tend to be a bit unsanitary with repeated use - just grab a brush instead - it works well with the brushes I use for it.
Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again, purely because the shade is just a little too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MTara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ANNABELLE SKINTRUE PRESSED POWDER (LIGHT)

P R I C E --

I've seen products exactly like this one, that work just the same but alot more expensive. Honestly, if I saw two products, one Covergirl and one Annabelle, I'd obviously go for the Covergirl just because theres tons more commercials about it, and Annabelle isn't as well known. Although, in reality, you might be paying an extra ten dollars when you don't really need to. (I'm not saying Covergirl isn't as good as Annabelle, I'm just saying that as an example).

When I went looking for cover-up, I wanted to buy something cheap because my skin is pretty clear, and didn't need anything expensive. When I saw this product, it seemed like a good powder, small case, and it was affordable. Making this a really good buy.

P A C K A G I N G Q U A L I T Y --

I'm really not picky about the packaging, as long as I don't buy something and its broken. I rated this a 3 because the packaging wasn't amazing, or very well contained, but I've bought this product multiple times and its never been broken, or damaged in any way possible.
The packaging isn't as good as most products I've bought, it comes in a small cardboard box, with the information of the product on the outside. Even though it might not look appealing it keeps the product from breaking, so its alright.

T H E P R O D U C T --

I bought this pressed powder because I needed some of course, but like I mentioned earlier, I didn't need anything expensive and something that really covered up my face. I have pretty clear skin, so I was looking for something cheap. Seeing this product not only the great price, it looked like a decent amount, and since I was able to try it before buying it (testers at the store) I decided to go ahead and buy it.

I was really pleased with this product. It did work the way I had expected it to. You might not think Annabelle is a very reliable brand, but believe me, this is a product you can count on.
I have sensitive skin, and the powder didn't irritate my face at all, I've had powders before that I've used that make my skin a bit red, but this powder didn't do that.
It did cover up what I wanted. My skin appears blotchy, so I used this hoping it would make my entire face one even, tanned color. I didn't want to go to dark, because I've bought powders before that made my skin look orange. Happily, this product didn't do that. It went on very evenly.

I could complain a bit about the applicator. Most powder cover-ups you buy come with a little sponge, or applicator. The one you get when you buy this product is VERY thin. It doesn't break, or rip, but it wears out VERY quickly.
I had this for about, a week or two, and the pad began to wear away, so it wasn't soft and picked up alot of the powder. It began smooth, and then it didn't go on very evenly.
I wouldn't let this stop you from buying this product though, it lasted me pretty long, and I wore it all over my face every day, for a long time. If you plan on doing this, then I consider buying an extra pressed-powder brush or sponge to keep with you if you want to apply your powder often.

O T H E R C O M P L A I N S --

Theres not much else I could complain about. Though, the case the powder is actually put into (not the packaging) is very fragile. Much like other containers the powders come in, when dropped will break. But this product's case is even more fragile. I am clumsy to begin with, but I dropped it about, 3 feet onto the floor, and the lid came off. This was a big pain because it wouldn't go back on due to the way it broke. Although, I got use to it because I began pushing it back into place, and when I took it off, I'd remember and hold it when taking it off. It was just harder to apply since the mirror was on the top lid, which was now completely removed.

O V E R A L L --

I liked this product. If your looking for a pressed-powder to wear day-to-day or just once and a while, and something inexpensive, nothing really complicated, then this is what you should purchase.

-Thanks for reading, hope this encouraged you to purchase "Annabelle SKINTRUE Pressed Powder" (:

(ATTENTION: I bought the light color of this product, this is just the shade, this won't affect how this product works.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I've noticed a lot of the bad reviews on this product are based on it's lack of coverage... I really don't recommend this if you're looking for a powder foundation. It's not a foundation, just a pressed powder. I bought this in Light for setting my liquid foundation and for touch ups throughout the day, and it works great. On good days, I may be able to use this alone but the coverage is VERY sheer. It goes on light and smooth. The packaging is okay. I prefer compacts that have a separate compartment for the applicator, and the applicator that comes with it isn't great... but so far that's all I don't like about this product. Will buy again.
UPDATE: I took off a lippy because light isn't really all that light. I am quite fair skined. Good if I had a bit of a tan, but too dark for winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this for free at my work in the shade "Medium". Unlike the other people here, mine came in a flat, black tub with a clear lid and no mirror, and as part of a duo with one of their blushes. I don't know if they sell this particular duo in stores, but I am still reviewing the same SKINTRUE powder, so it doesn't really matter.

My skin is combination/dry; I DON'T have an oily T-zone, but skin that fluctuates from dry to oily. Even though I'm not oily in general, however, I am quite acne-prone, and have really annoying, persistent dark spots/hyperpigmentation/acne-scars.

On with the product. At first, I had no idea what this powder was supposed to do. I applied this with my COVER Fx foundation brush - I found that as I put it on, it did mattify the oil and shininess that I did have on my skin, and kept doing so for about five hours. I don't have really oily skin, but it was still pretty good. However, it offers ZERO - and I mean ZERO coverage. As I kept piling it on, I realized that it turned my already very tanned, yellow Asian face orange. That has never happened to me before. Yet, even though I was orange, my skin looked the same - no evening out of skin tone or even just a little bit of covering of my dark spots. Nada.

Honestly though, this is not a bad powder. I might have even bought it in a lighter shade so I don't look so much like a Halloween pumpkin. However though, after wearing this for only five hours, I noticed I was breaking out around my chin. Thats a no-no for me.

Sorry Annabelle, but this is a miss. Good thing I got it for free.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first pressed powder product I bought and I absoleutely do not like it. It doesn't cover ANYTHING at all. I used the sponge, the brush even my fingers!!! and nothing. It makes my skin look exactly the same....It was such a waste of my money....sigh..

I guess it'd only work well to reduce shine but definetely NOT FOR COVERAGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by babydoll8766

I decided to give up wearing cakey foundation (MAC Studio Fix), it just feels so heavy on my skin, and I couldn't handle it anymore, I wanted a powder I could sweep over my bare face that would just give a natural flawless finish. This Annabelle powder in Light shade does a fabulous job, and it won't set you back a lot like other cosmetics companies ridiculous prices! The powder is matte finish, it's smooth and you won't see traces on your face it glides on beautifully, I apply it with a powder brush in sweeping motions. I'm very impressed with Annabelle products, and I will repurchase this product definitely, as well as their fabulous eyeliners!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this powder as a free gift from London Drugs:) The shade was Translucent. I really liked this product, but when I went to repurchse I couldn’t find the Translucent shade (discontinued?) so I bought it in Light instead. I found both to be pretty much the same, with Light having just a tiny touch of colour. All of my following comments apply to both shades…
The simple black compact isn’t anything fancy, but it is practical – slim, hardy, big mirror inside. I've dropped it a couple of times and it hasn't broken yet! I use it to set my foundation/concealer, and throughout the day as needed. Good at eliminating shine without becoming cakey. Great product, very comparable to more expensive powders (ex. MAC), great price. I’ll repurchase over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by molakip

This powder is great for the purse. Packaging is very nice and sturdy and comes with a mirror. I prefer using makeup sponges as opposed to the one provided as it provides smoother application. Keeps the face mute from shine and is perfect to go over foundation. Your face won't look cakey. I'm starting to like Annabelle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Vivrant

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a pressed powder that i could use during the day to blot away shine. I have this in translucent and it's awesome! it doesn't cake, it doesn't settle into fine lines, it's just right. this doesn't provide any coverage (which i don't want, i just want something to blot w/ during the day) i would say this is one of those drugstore treasures.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tomlina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I must say that I've tried several Annabelle products, and I've been really impressed with the high quality of the products for the super inexpensive price. I have this powder in translucent, and I think it does a fantastic job of taking away shine. You can't see the powder on your face once it is applied and it provides very little coverage, so I wouldn't use this stuff to even out my complexion, but it is great for oil and comparable to MAC Blot Powder. Because I like a little bit of coverage on my face, I use my regular powder foundation in the morning, and then after lunch when I'm a bit shiny in the t-zone I use this stuff and it makes me look exactly like I do when I first put on my makeup in the morning. I have combo skin prone to breakouts, and I have never had a problem with this stuff making me break out. It's not fancy, but it is cheap and effective so I always carry one in my purse for touch-ups. Will repurchase again and again.