December 18, 2014 | 1677 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Cleansing Bar - Acne-Prone Skin Formula

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Ambercarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This worked amazingly well for me in college so I purchased it again 10 years later hoping it would help me with my adult onset acne (totally unfair). For the first 2 weeks it worked wonderfully, but then i started breaking out in inflamed, red pimples in unusual spots. I had to stop using it on my face, but it feels nice on my body, so not all is lost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by thrillclauds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this daily, 2 times a day. Although at night I follow up with another cleanser. It works so well for me and leaves my skin feeling soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

LOVE THIS! Doesnt break you out and leaves skin feeling clean, not drying or squeeky clean but clean and nice. I love love love this stuff. Definitely recommend this to anyone with acneprone skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

I used this a few years ago, it made my skin so smooth, and break-out free. I liked the way it felt on my skin and it left no residue, but it kinda doesn't last too long especially if you keep this in the shower where it will melt faster. This helped prevent breakouts but not so much heal them. I stopped using this once I went cruelty-free, which neutrogena is not. Minus one lippie for that. And it's pretty cheap for about $2!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this bar does not break me out, nor does it seem to magically clear up acne. its a basic bar that sometimes feels "hot" (no other way to describe it) when i leave it on for too long so maybe not for those with very sensitive skin. it minimizes my pores immediately after use, but since it does not leave skin moist (but not nearly as drying as most washes or bars ive used) it seems to contribute to oil production. all in all my skin seems a little more red with continued use of this, but also fairly clearer. its hard to know what i think of this bar but right now with my very picky skin, ive used up almost the whole bar and i would repurchase. the smell is only strong the first few uses, and its not very offensive and does not linger very long at all. i'll eventually update this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this product once, years ago, when I was a teenager. I think I literally used it once and ended up switching to something different (my mom used to buy tons of cleansers and things on sale and stock them in my bathroom). Anyway, I ran out of my Aveeno Clear Skin bar; my local Walgreens doesn't sell the Aveeno bar, so I decided to try this. Oh lordy. Terrible with a capital "T." I didn't change my routine whatsoever but, with only two uses, my skin broke out HORRIBLY. I woke up with several cyst-type bumps and a few small pimples scattered across my face. Today I had my husband stop by Walmart and grab two bars of my Aveeno. This Neutrogena bar is going in the trash -- where it belongs!
All in all:
The smell is unpleasant, but I could deal with it. It took a few hours for the smell to dissipate, which was lame. It also stinks up the entire bathroom. Bah humbug.
My skin felt ridiculously tight, itchy, and red afterward.
I felt like my skin had been covered in very fine layer of wax ... which wasn't pleasant.
Because it was so drying, my skin was actually more oily than before!
It didn't clean my skin at all. For sh*ts and giggles this evening (to see how well it would work compared to Aveeno), I painted mine, my daughter's, and my husband's faces with black face paint and then attempted to remove as I normally would with the bar. This bar didn't do jack squat. You could literally see the black paint stuck in our pores. Now, from experience I know that the plain old Aveeno bar removes all traces of Universal's face paint, but since I changed the variables (used my own paint this time) I washed with Aveeno -- removed everything. You couldn't tell that any of us had ever had our faces painted.
Recommendation? I guess it works for some people, but it didn't work for me. I didn't like ANYTHING about this cleansing bar. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by horsegirl318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the first time i used this i steped out of the shower and my skin felt really clean and soft, the next day i woke up and my whole face looked like it was peeling off! i chanced using it one more time and my skin just ended up looking very red and peely. lets just say this stuff belongs in a garbage rather than on your face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

It stung my eyes, which is always a minus.

Additionally, it made my skin feel stripped after a few uses, so this is not a repeat buy for me.

At least I don't think it broke me out :( Have some break outs but I think that's hormonal monthly stuff.

I don't know how people with oily skin use this, because it's so drying, I feel like people would have increased oil production.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great soap for oily or acne-prone skin. After you wash your face with it, your skin feels squeaky clean, but slightly dry, so make sure you have a good moisturizer. It doesn't have a weird smell, unlike the Original formula. I only wish that it would last longer, because it only lasts a few weeks. It's helped my acne go away. Love it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by blueberrycheesecake

It cleanses my face well. However, it dries it to a point wherein peeling occurs. Thus, I will find a cleanser that does not over dry my face.