December 21, 2014 | 1279 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Express Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by janeaustengurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this eyeliner because I lost my MAC eyeliner last year when I was in Peru for Christmas seeing my family I found this for half the price and it works just as well and the big bonus is that it has a smudge tip applicator which is nice also. I bought this eyeliner in black/brown because I really don't care for black it goes on beautifully and it smudges well. I will definitely buys this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A product very similar to that of MAC's gel eyeliner, a cheaper alternative certainly! The product's packaging overall is very similar, a small little container, that is 3/4 full with a lid. There is a brush included, although it is not of good quality. (If you constantly wear a winged eyeliner, I would suggest using a different and better quality brush.) The eyeliner brush included is not that horrible, it works if you have no alternative.

The eyeliner has a soft texture, definitively easy to use. The overall application is smooth. I am on my second container, and as of yet I have had no problems. I do find that with this eyeliner smudges much easier which could be a bad thing. Good for the smokey eye effect, and a bit bad for the winged liner. The stay power is that of a typical gel liner, avoid rubbing or touching your eyes during the day.

To summarize, this is a great alternative for MAC's gel liner just simply because it is cheaper! The quality is pretty close I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Alliep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite eyeliner!
Liquid is the way to go for me!
I received a different brand of liquid eyeliner; it definetly does not come close to this.
I am trying to use up a eyeliner pencil and the other liquid, but I plac to buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by mellowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fave liner. I've never spent alot of money on liners since I tend to use them alot and don't want to spend so much replacing everytime.

The pen/package is made so well!! and it makes application almost fool proof. As others have said: the tip is so thin yet firm.

I tried Covergirls felt tip liner, which also had a thin felt tip, BUT the tip was way too dry- and ever since I've been afraid to stray from this liner. This one always give enough product and makes for a clean, neat line.

It's a bit more then I prefer to pay for eyeliners, but completely worth it.
I hate when it runs out so I try to save it for nights out.
I think it was about $7.50
The last time I bought it was in the UK August 2008.

I'm so sad to read they've discontinued.. :(:(:( Now what?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THIS IS MY ALLTIME FAVORITE EYELINER.
I've been using it for years now, it glides on super easily and it lasts all day, even in the shower! You need soap/remover to get it off.

Too bad it's dicontinued in the Netherlands, but I have a secret stash, sssh!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by CiaoBambina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I loved this eyeliner! In 40-some years of eye makeup (yes, I started young) this was the best product I had ever found and now Maybelline and gone and discontinued it! I am so bummed out.

They told me that their Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is an equivalent, but it's really not. The liner is a different consistency and the applicator is thicker and harder to manage. What I've ended up doing is taking an old Eye Express applicator and dabbing the new eyeliner on it with the new applicator because it won't fit in the new container. Clumsy, but I'm desperate!

I've registered my outrage with Maybelline for all the good it will do, but in the meantime if anyone knows of a secret stash somewhere of Eye Express, let me know! I like the Mink Brown!

UPDATE: Thank you to all the folks here at MUA who let me know that I could find Eye Express on Ebay! I stocked up and should have enough to last until my ancient palsied hands are shaking too much for me to put it on! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG. Have tried a lot, expencive and cheap ones, but this is my favorite. The tip is thin and make a perfect line along my upper eyelid and it always looks flawless. I love that its so easy to use that even if I'm in a hurry, this can't go wrong:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by vmathew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I come back to this time and time again. As you've read in the other reviews, this is a pen-type applicator, however, the fine line works better than others out there. It's quick and I don't have to deal with a separate brush and bottle. For the price, this is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cambria

This is one of the better drug-store brand eye liner pens I've used. The color is fabulous: long lasting and a true black. It doesn't fade to blue or brown, it stays black. It does last pretty long, a whole day or night, but it for some reason it sleeps off pretty easy. Weird. Also, the tip of the pen and the pen itself are a little awkward. The pen tip isn't very stiff and works like a paint brush, which I don't like, and the pen is a little weird to hold the first couple of times. However, this is the really is the best drug store brand liner pen I have used to date, so I'll stick with it until I find an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blushinbetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay -- I found out what happened. L'Oreal, the owners of Maybelline, discontinued Eye Express in this form and repackaged it under the L'Oreal label as Line Intensivique or something like that. Look for the kind with the felt tip, as it comes in brush form also. It's also $3 more (at least). Weasels.