November 22, 2014 | 1792 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Purete Mat

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jeanjeantata

i have tried on two of chanel powder foundations before giving this a try. this works better for acne-prone oily skin. fine powders and easier to remove. this product is not for ladies who wish to have the best and maximum coverage. for light makeup lovers :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Gentle Beige which is a great match for my medium Asian skin tone. I usually only use pressed powder over a moisturizer and this provides a sheer but skin tone evening coverage with a great matte finish. It is not drying either which is the best part. On days where I'm running around at work, I usually need a touch up but sometimes I don't at all! It also lasts forever which is why I still have it. Big fan of Chanel cosmetics and this is no exception!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by c0lap1nada

Edit: So, I've realized that my Chanel Universelle Poudre works so much better than this. This isn't good for dehydrated skin in the winter :S

I've been using this for touch ups and as a setting powder. Pretty decent but it doesn't control oil too well. The puff included isn't too bad, since it's 2-sided (one side for heavier and the other side for lighter application). Another plus is that it doesn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jijigirl

This is the best pressed powder I've ever used. I use the warm rose color and it is beautiful. I love that it has an spf, and that it is smooth as silk. I typically use it over foundation, but sometimes use it alone on the weekends or when my skin is really clear. It's expensive, but given all of the money I've spent looking for an alternative, it's worth it to me. And, it will last a really long time. Oh, by the way, I'm 41 with combo/oily skin. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by kissmeimacat

Im on my third chanel compact now. I love that its so silky and thin, which is also the drawback sometimes. Normally though the consistency of the powder is perfect thought for a mid day touch up when my skin is not blotchy or breaking out.

The only think i dont like about the compact is that it does not extend all the way. It stays at the 90 degree angle, and i usually like to be able to adjust my compact so it opens all the way... but just a small problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mayconcon

My boyfriend bought this for me from Singapore. This is the first product I ever owned by Chanle. I have tried other powders by L'oreal, Max Factor, Maybelline, Skinfood, Clarins, Bodyshop, T Leclerc, Avon, Mary Kay and other brands i can no longer remember and ended up giving them all away after barely two weeks of using them because I get whiteheads all over my tzones and some pimples on my cheeks. Some of the powders looks like i applied chalk on my face and others dull my complexion. Its really frustrating coz some of those products mentioned doesnt come cheap. Anyway, i have been using it regularly and the pan is even showing now and thats something considering how i never seem to finish using any powder before. I dont break out with it either and it does mattify my face. The only drawback is that its mattifying effect doesnt last on my oily face and i have to reapply it again after barely two hours. But what the heck, at least i dont beakout with it and my face appears flawless upon application.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ikoparisi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear by this compact powder. In my whole entire life this is the first powder that actually matches my skin tone. I'm using #20 in Sable Mat. Plus I love the fact that it has SPF 15 since I hate using sunscreen for its greasiness. This powder keeps me looking fresh and not too mat. No matter how much I apply, it just blends beautifully giving me the natural look and not too made up. I love the sponge puff that comes with it too. Very velvety soft and just lovely to use. I adore the posh black packaging and wish that this powder comes with refills. At the moment they don't and it's very pricey to get a brand new set every time. Other than that I adore it and I'm almost done with my first compact and looking forward to purchasing a brand new one soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by joanofarc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for 2 years now and have never been happier with a pressed powder. I use Chanel Double Perfection liquid foundation, then their loose powder to set that, and use this throughout the day for touchups. It always gives me an airbrushed look, and never feels dry. My skin is a lot less oily than it use to be unless it's the dead of summer here in NC, so maybe the other reviewers are oilier than I am now. This really evens out my skin, even without the foundation. I am happy with it overall and when I finally run out of it, I will buy another.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by skincarejunkee

I am very picky about choosing the right powder. Here are my requirements: needs to feel weightless, provides an overall coverage like a foundation, controls shine, matches my uneven skintone (olive), and must have staying power. I bought this powder in Buff, and it fulfills all the requirements except the last one. But I don't mind reapplying it, because the second application feels fresh as the first. I would give it 5 lippies if it would stay on all day without a reapplication, but that would be a miracle. This one is for me. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Well well...It seems I have bought this product just to show off the Chanel compact in front of my friends.

I was lurking in the Chanel counter at Macy´s and saw this pressed powder, "Shine control" it said. The SA tried to match my color and asked me if I wanted to look "lighter or tanner" (This because of the 4 shades available).

I decided to purchase Gentle Beige. What a dissapointment!
Not only is it expensive...it doesn´t mattify!

Save your money. Buy a blush or gloss instead.