October 31, 2014 | 876 users online

Moisturizers - Dremu - Dremu Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by DarcyDoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin. This gets rid of my dry spots, evens out the tone of my skin and gives me an overall glow that I've not been able to duplicate with any other product. I love it!! I don't have pimples normally, and this does not cause any for me. I want to take a bath in the stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I recieved a sample of this along w/ some product information from Dermstore and it sounded like a miracle product and was very excited to try it. I have extremely oily acne-prone skin and at the time, I was recovering from a major cystic acne breakout (endless painful pimples along my jaw). Since it was a very very tiny bottle I decided to bring it as my primary moisturizer for a wkend trip instead of a huge SK-II bottle (risky way to try new products). I didn't want to put a lot of this on my face so I mixed abt 2-3 drops of Dremu oil w/ one spray of Reviva Rosewater Facial Spray in my palms and applied it all over my face and neck. After the wkend was over, I noticed I didn't get any new pimples and my skin seemed noticably clearer/smoother. I have since used this in the same manner for a few other wkend trips and one week long trip, and have not experienced any major breakouts. My skin has actually cleared up significantly, but I don't know how much of it is attributable to this product since I also incorporated a few other new products to my skincare regimine. Overall, I definitely like this as a moisturizer (and possible acne treatment) and would like to purchase it, but due to the price I need to try argan oil and other less expensive brands of emu oil before I can commit to it. However, since I only need to use maybe 3 drops a day, a full bottle would last a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. This oil feels good on my skin, but after using it for a few nights, it seemed to suffocate my skin and cause breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by fourtyandfabulous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I believe that this product is over exaggerated, especially if you view their website. I honestly think that Dremu oil is nothing more than a good moisturizer, it will do nothing for wrinkles, sun damage, etc. If you have dry skin, adding a good moisturizer will plump up your skin, and make your wrinkles less pronounced. I have used Dremu oil for several months, mostly due to vascular Rosacea on my cheeks, hyperpigmentation, and minimal wrinkles around my mouth and forehead area. I found that Dremu did not help with any of my skin issues. The only thing I did find that it helped was with a steam burn that I acquired on the base of my index finger. After applying the oil on my reddened finger, the burning ceased within about half an hour. So possibly this oil would be useful for sunburns. I also found that I could not wear the oil under my foundation, which is usually Laura Mercier or Lancome. The oil made my foundation look terrible, almost bumpy looking. I only applied 1-2 drops on damp face, and left it absorb for 1/2 an hour, before applying sunscreen (Lancome), and then foundation. In addition the dropper is useless, as the oil is too thick in cold climates. The oil needs to be warmed, usually by letting it sit a few minutes in warm water. I found that a lot of the product ends up around the neck of the bottle, where the dropper screws onto the bottle, making the outside of the bottle a smeary mess! In conclusion, I would say save your money, and invest in a good anti-aging cream that contains proven ingredients that work like kinetin (in Kinerase) or peptides.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have oily skin with fine lines and dehydration and this makes my skin soft and dewy looking, yet not oily - it's amazing! I tend to use it mostly at night, but I also tap it into fine lines after I've applied my makeup and it helps a lot. I am on my third bottle and will be buying more soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff does work. I was skeptical of course. I only use it at night, as it is quite oily, but you only need to apply it once I think. It REALLY moisturizes deep into the skin. I have noticed that my skin glows when I wake up in the morning. I can't explain it, it's just BETTER now that I've used dremu. The company was very accommodating when I said I didn't care for the airbrush and diminish wrinkle cream, they sent me 2 more bottles of dremu instead and I didn't even have to return the items I didn't like!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dorirose

UPDATE: There is an awful lot of hype on their website. The owner claims to have a patent on emu oil and lidocaine with Dr Daniel Rivlin. The only patent I was able to find for emu oil and lidocaine listed Dr Rivlin as the inventor and ONLY Dr Rivlin. Who knows though, maybe I was looking at a different patent on emu oil and lidocaine which happened to be invented by Dr Rivlin. Here are the links to the patent that I looked at.

They claim that their product is superior and more expensive because it is distilled and refined. MOST emu oils are distilled and or fully refined, theirs is nothing special.

I would not use emu oil for a long time because of this product. When I received this product it was gross. On the bottom was a yellow colored liquid that was grainy. On top sat some clear liquid.

A few weeks ago I was ordering some lactic acid peel from Platinum Skin Care and I noticed that their emu oil had a lot of positive reviews. I went ahead and selected emu oil for my free sample when checking out and gave it a try when it arrived in the mail. Platinum Skin Care's emu oil is so much different from Dremu, it is like night and day! Instead of being yellow, nasty and grainy this oil is a creamy white color and smooth. I am actually very happy with the Platinum Skin Care emu oil, it is just Dremu oil that I did not like.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kboston72

ridiculously overpriced! This line claims that this emu oil is superior and thus worth the price i guess since it is refined. It is imo no better than any cheaper alternative and most are significantly cheaper. The dropper bottle is horrible and either gives u too much or none when u try to fill and squeeze out the product. The amount in the dropper bottle is supposed to be 1 oz and not only is that a miniscule amt for what u pay, but the bottle seemed to me to be 3/4 of the way full when purchased. If u want the healing and moisturizing benefits of emu oil, rest assured that u can get them without the cost from many other companies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by KKARINA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought emu oil from eds but did not use it until about 4 months later - not expecting any results anyway. My reason for ordering it was due to all the hype in the forums. I tried it 2 days in a row now - on my face - i find that there is a kind of a glow on my face - and the eveness of the skin tone is a lot better than before - i did feel that the oil will be very oily because it is an oil - but once it goes onto the skin - i find it actually penetrates very quickly.

I have probably tried every brand of skin care from de la mer to elemis to decleor - and even though i adore decleor - it does not have any dramatic difference on my skin - i think i will continue to use dremu oil and then come back with a feedback.

I bought the 0.5oz bottle only because i did not know if i would like it or not.

Watch this space. I think - that if the emu oil works then i think it will save me alot of money in skincare - i tend to get bored with a specific brand very quickly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't even begin to explain how Dremu oil has saved my skin - this definitely is one of the best things, if not the best, I've done for my skin ever since I started reading the MUA boards. The irony is, I learnt about this on the EDS forums! My skin is hyper eactive - I react to 99% of products. In addition to that, I break out very easily and am prone to redness on my cheeks which are my most sensitive area.
For the past few years, I've used Dr Hauschka's Moisturizing Day Cream because it was the only thing that didn't break me out or give me a reaction. It was rather calming, but had alcohol, and the apples of my cheeks were still red - I thought perhaps it was something I just had to live with. Then I purchased a 0.5 oz of this from EDS. Initially I was really put off by the thickness and cloudiness of the oil. There is no odor or fragrance whatsoever, just a slight lardy/waxy smell which to me is no issue at all.
After only the FIRST application, my redness was rather drastically reduced. Which means the Dr Hauschka was either drying/dehydrating my skin or the redness was simply a reaction to it. After a few more applications, the skin tone on my cheeks evened and cleared up.
The very surprising thing about this oil is, I really expected it to interfere with my makeup and make it slide off. I also expected to be really shiny thruout the day. Absolutely none of these problems occured. My makeup stays on as long as usual but the best part is, this oil seems to have regulated my oil production, so my face is glowy and dewy but NOT shiny like I was with the Dr Hauschka! The only thing you have to be careful with is your eye makeup - I do my foundation and concealor first then wash my hands and do my eyes becuase I have very oily lids and initially the oil made my eye makeup smudge.
I've had no breakouts, in fact this stuff seem to calm any breakouts. Now I totally slather it on - a few layers at a time, when my skin needs calming and soothing, and even with that much Dremu oil on my face, I don't breakout.
I've picked up a few tips from the EDS forums, and now I apply it on damp skin (I spritz my face with Avene thermal water or PSF O2 serum) it does absorb better this way and doesn't just sit on the skin like sometimes it does when you apply it straight. I've also ordered PSF's HA serum to try with this - apparently that makes it absorb even faster.
Yes, this is the "designer" brand of emu oil, and I know there are much cheaper alternatives. However, I haven't tried any of the others, but the results I'm getting from this one is so amazing that I'm hooked - I just reordered a 1 oz bottle. Maybe later on I'll try the other brands.
I think I'm gonna use emu for the rest of my life. I know there's a "yuck" factor, but when you have skin like mine, it's really nothing given the results. Only gripe is the packaging. I wish it came in pump bottles like the LB processors ones. The dropper packaging makes things messy, and oil does get stuck in the dropper sometimes. UPDATE : the difference this oil has made to my skin has been made very clear to me when I ran out of this. While waiting for my replacement to arrive, I unwillingly had to go back to my Dr H moisturizer. Immediately I could see and feel a difference. My face became shiny again during the day. Redness and muddiness of skin tone came back. I had a little itching. My skin wasn't that "plump", and I broke out in 2 different places. I might consider trying cheaper brands, but I will never again try any other moisturizer, or be without some form of emu - it's that miraculous for me! I did force myself to try other brands - an Australian one, and two different types from LB Processors, for some reason, none come close to the Dremu, so I just reordered a 1.7oz. bottle!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No