October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Solar Powder SPF20 - Translucent

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the idea of using a powder with sunscreen. This translucent shade is not really a traditional bronzer, at least for me. It might work as one if your skin is very fair. I like to use a light dusting of this during this winter months to set my foundation and the extra sunscreen is like icing on the cake. In the summer, I use the light bronzer shade for the same purpose. The translucent shade is hard to find though. I'm assuming it hasn't been discontinued as it's still shown on PF's website.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ejtannster

I really like the idea, like many other reviewers have said, of the idea of a compact with built in powder, spf 20, a mirror, and a brush. It is a little bulky and sometimes it means that you can't fit something else in a makeup bag or in a purse, but it is perfect for light coverage and quick protection. I like the translucent on my pale & freckly skin, it evens out my skin without any cakey effect. Perfect for summer or whenever you have to pop outside during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DeAnna_Phx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried the translucent color since it has an SFP 20 hoping to use it to touch up my make up before driving home (in the sun).

I have med-light skin tone but the main ingredient is talc and left my face looking like a white ghost. Needless to say, will not purchase again, but perhaps I'll try the light bronzer instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Katgal11

I bought this product this weekend because I was invited to go boating with some friends and I already had done my makeup and didn't feel like washing it off to put on extra sun protection. I like this product a lot. I didn't have any kind of sunburn (and I am fair, so sun protection is very important to me) and I liked that the product felt very light going on. I prefer pressed powders with minimal coverage-that's what foundation and concealer is for. I always set my makeup with loose powder, and I prefer blotting papers to pressed powder to combat shine. This is a very good product and of course my skin did not react to it (I like PF products for their commitment to gentleness).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this...it has built in spf 20, and the packaging is cute! A little big, but the design of the acutal product is cute, and has a built in mirror with a little brush..i dont use the brush but its a nice extra. This doesnt really give much coverage..it just gives a bit of color to the face and maybe the slighest coverage..but dont buy this if you are expecting this to cover your acne. I like this, alot. Its nice for summer :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Anonamizz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the spf 20 in it. My skin is so unbelievably finicky when it comes to using products and I was desperately in need of a good sunscreen product for everyday use... and I found it! It really does protect well. I'll put it on before being exposed to the sun for a long time and my skin won't burn. perfect. In respects to a powder it's ok. It doesn't really do anything for me in that aspect. Doesn't make my skin shiny, doesn't cover anything. But I still love it.

UPDATE: after using for a few weeks I realized that it just was not cutting it for my skin the deeper the dent was. Whenever I swiped it on, the powder was just big, chunky, and highly visible. Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Initially I liked the idea of having a SPF powder to use on my face which came in a cute package that included a mirror and a brush to apply it with. After one week of using this stuff and fighting with the huge compact while rummaging in my purse, I realized it was not happening for me. The powder applys smoothly and blends well enough, and feels light on the skin, but made my face and especially my forehead look shiny and almost shimmery. (And that's shiny in a bad way). It amplified a few larger pores I have. I also had to reapply it every few hours because I found it had little to no staying power. At least it was cheap - I threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 1:42:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Bought this because I like the idea of a powder with SPF20 built in. I have medium complexion with yellow undertones that tans brown. I use this in the afternoon for shine touchups, or alone when I don't want to wear makeup, but need something. It even outs my skin really well when used alone, is very light, doesn't sink into my pores, and does a great job removing the oily shine I tend to get on hot summer afternoons. Not crazy about the packaging, which is bulky 'cuz it has a mirror and brush built into the bottom. I use my own brush so don't need theirs, and don't need a mirror to apply, but some may like the all-in-one thing. I would prefer something smaller 'cuz I carry micro-purses. Besides that, would definitely repurchase.