October 24, 2014 | 1656 users online

Mascara - Chantecaille - Chantecaille Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Divine. Actually smells nice too (light rose scent). I'm on my second tube. I've tried numerous Chanel mascaras, Armani, YSL - but they all result in Kardashian-after-an-all-nighter panda eyes and horrible spidery nastiness. This gives me black, long, glossy lashes. Love.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very little difference if I use it or not, by noon looks like I have no mascara on at all, except for the smudges under my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG of mascaras! I've been using this for a long time and it can be a pain to get hold of at times. I have only ever used noir and find it to be fabulous to use, beautifully glossy black and, if you allow a minute to dry between coats, this builds fabulous glossy lushous lashes. I've tried about every mascara on the market and they all end up in the bin. I always keep a spare of this so that I am never without a new tube. Brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

I managed to get a tube of this for under $10 and later realized that its actual price is $34. Whoa! Is it worth it?

I like to use a lot of mascara because although my eyelashes are long, they are very light in color, and I like the dramatic "doll" look. As a result, I am usually a victim of clumping, flaking, etc. When I wear Chantecaille, I feel like I'm wearing no mascara at all, no matter how much I apply.

The "bleu noir" color is 100% bleu and no noir, but somehow it manages to not look tacky, which deserves applause - and, of course, there's the rosewater and green tea smell. It washes off effortlessly and does not smudge.

Bonus: if you keep a tube laying around for over a year, the contents will still be OK. Try that with your usual mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by urang

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I '2nd' the review by heatherblossom below. This mascara isn't for everyone, but what it does do well (natural, 'glossy' feel) is hard to find in a mascara. I got mine as part of a lot on eBay, and initially I wasn't too excited by it but it worked well enough, so I thought, "I may as well use up the tube". It can smear if you put on too much or also because it takes a bit longer to dry than most brands, but overall it's not challenging to apply. It doesn't flake and it's easy to remove.

What really made me realize how exceptional this product is, is when it came time to switch mascaras. I started using Revitalash ("lash enhancer"/growth product) and my lashes fundamentally changed - random lashes became stick straight (Chantecaille doesn't do much to curl or hold curl), and it became hard to reach the outer lashes with my mascara brush (note the aforementioned potential 'smudginess' problem during application). So I decided to go try out other mascaras on the market. What I found is that, being used to Chantecaille, it's REALLY tough to enjoy the feeling of other brands' mascara on my eyelashes. I had forgotten how stiff other products can feel and how artificial they can look.

Other drawbacks are the price, and the packaging since the chrome color rubs off over time to reveal a grey plastic underneath. But overall, I honestly can't think of another mascara that performs like Chantecaille if you're looking for a certain kind of 'feel' from your mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a little tube of this as a GWP and I now use it every day. I may find myself buying some because it works really well. Like other Chantecaille products, it is lovely. No clumping, pretty floral scent, and just the right amount to lengthen the lashes just so. I get just the effect I want from this mascara. I'm not a voluminous lash girl. I prefer to go for length. My eyes are quite small so longer lashes make them look bigger. Of course, it washes off very easily too and I have no problem with flaking or anything like that. It just goes on easily, stays on and comes off thoroughly when I say so. Best mascara I've used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Tried this again when I got a free sample thinking maybe I was too quick to judge but nope, nope, still smudges and flakes in about 3 -4 hours no matter what I use as eye cream. It does make my eyes shine and looks great--I think it must be from the intensity of the black color cause I usually wear black mascara and do not see these attributes but if I wore this regularly I'd be constantly worrying about mascara being all over my eye socket. Not worth the hassle so I should quit obsessing over it, for goodness sake!

Initially I loved this but after wearing it for several days in the 100 degree heat and finding smudging I soon came to hate this mascara. Yes, it gives me a natural look but the staying power is not the greatest, at least not in summer. And the price--ouch! Will be sticking with my Shu Basic. Chante mascara left me with softer feeling lashes than Shu but big whoop if I can't keep it ON the lashes and off my face!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disapointment. I LOVE Chantecaille products. It kills me to write that this is the worst mascara I have tried; poor, poor product from Chantecaille. It is available in two shades; Brun Noir and Blu Noir. I took that to mean Brown Black and Blue Black. No, its either brown or blue. So, there was no color added to my lashes (which are dark brown; I purchased the Brun Noir). It did not thicken, lengthen, add color, curl, nothing. It resembled those no-color mascaras that are on the market. Didn't notice much of a smell either. It is going back. What a shame Chantecaille; I really expected a much better product from your line. Do NOT waste your money. I have no idea what this product is supposed to do or who it is for. Shu Basic is a fantastic mascara if you want a natural look and it's quite a bit cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by menina77

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It smells nice but that's about it. This mascara is so thin in consistency that you have to devote way too much time applying. As a bonus, it takes too much work to get this stuff off. It barely stays on lashes but sticks like glue to your face as you try desperately to remove it. I like my mascaras to wash off easily so I don't tug at my skin. They make beautiful eyeshadows and lip glosses but the masacara needs to go back into product development.
UPDATE 8/3/2006 - Was at my mom's house where this mascara now resides. I grabbed some to put on before we headed out. Let me just reiterate... This stuff is BLOODY AWFUL !#@$#%$& Barely showed up on my lashes but was all over my lids. I've been wearing mascara since before some people on MUA were born, it's not my lack of skills it's this stuff. RUN AWAY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Compared to Giorgio Armani Star Lash, this is one of my favorite mascaras. I like that it gives lasting (and pretty much smudge free) wear and a glossy finish. Giorgio Armani gives more "oomph" and curl though a bit more of a matte lash finish. The reason I give this a "4" versus 5 , is that it doesn't curl, which for some may be fine. I do have to apply several coats to get the look I want, but overall one of my current fave's!