November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Self Tanners - Bath and Body Works - Strike Gold

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by kaaayxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My friend told me about this stuff back in highschool. It gives great color that shows up within just a couple of hours. I also love that it goes on as a bronze color so that you can see where you are putting it. The only things I don't like are the horrible smell and the sparkles in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ashleyg56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i usually use V.S's self tanner, Banana Boats Self Tanner in Dark and Jergens Med-Dark lotion. I picked up a bottle of this yesterday and used it last night. I LOVE IT.
Application - GEL!, it says lotion but it is definitely a GEL. Which is fine. It goes on really slick so use caution. I also ALWAYS wear gloves while applying self tanner, so my hands aren't orange.
Smell - So good!Even this morning it smells good. It smells like a tropical smoothie, not stinky at all. It didn't keep me awake through the night from the smell.
Outcome- Woke up and was glowingly tan! It does have a little teeny orange undertone but its not a big deal.
With the great smell, application and how it turned out, I would definitely buy again!!
Thanks B&BW XOXO

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by danazeid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only self-tanner I've ever tried, and I like it enough to keep buying it (I'm on my fourth bottle). It gives you a nice, natural bronze color and it smells really nice, like coconuts and the beach. However, it is pretty time consuming to apply correctly, can get a streaky if water drips on it before drying, and is kind of light, so more than one application might be needed to get your desired color. It also can stain hands, so I'd recommend using gloves. It's not terribly expensive, but a bit more product in one bottle would be nice. Overall, I would recommend this product, but I'll probably try some other options in the future too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by FoxWaffles

I believe I purchased the product after an ingredient/packaging change. Mine says "Vitamin E" and the packaging is slightly different.

First off, I'm a very pale, Irish individual.. Meaning I get freckles, and have deathly pale skin. As in, I buy the lightest shade of foundation I can and it's too dark.

I have tried many self tanners over the years, and this one has been on of my top three.

The scent(I believe they changed it with the newer tubes like mine) is something reminiscent of artificial orange.. I don't mean it in a bad way either!
It's rather pleasant smelling, it does have a rather orange-y guide..
But don't be scared off, the color comes out very nicely.
It's not as olive as I would like.. But after two applications it looked amazing. I had many friends ask me how I got so tan, nobody believed me when I said it was lotion!
The consistency is like a gel, very easy to blend in, so streaks yet for me and I'm on week three of use.
It DOESN'T have that second day tanner smell we all know too well, that nasty cracker smell.
It hasn't broke me out, and I have used it on my face as well.
With that said, I have a yellow undertone to my skin.. It does produce a great brown tan color on my skin, so spot test before you commit. :)
It has mica flecks, so it's shiny.. But it doesn't look like glitter, and isn't very noticeable.

The bad;
It lasts about three days on me. I feel like I loose a lot of color every shower, but a little product goes a long way.. So if you can keep high maintenance up it's fine.

I feel like it stays ty for 15-30 minutes.. I usually use this before bed so it doesn't rub off before it develops.
Otherwise I love it.
The color develops in less than 4 hours.. I could see 2+ shade change in about three hours.
It would get a 5/5 but the lasting power isn't quite the best.
But the fact you don't get the cracker smell from the tanner more than makes up for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by jsublett

great

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, this does do what it says it will do; it does give you good, non streaking, even and natural looking color (for me at least which is a challenge with my NW20 skin). It's a gel/lotion that does blend in well and the price isn't bad seeing as how you can usually score it during some kind of deal at BBW.

However, and I must stress I'm usually not one to complain about such things, the scent of this is AWFUL. It's a mix of over powering plastic/floral/faux beachy mixed with the typical DHA scent. Left on skin for a few hours and it'll begin to worsen. I still have about half a tube left over and I am seriously considering just tossing it out because the smell is so ungodly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Today is August 3rd, 2012, and I purchased this product about 3 days ago. It has a different packaging, (an orange bottle with a teal band around the center highlighting "Vitamin e") I am not sure if they changed the formula as well as the packaging, but it has the exact same identical name, so...here we go.

I love this stuff. I used a few self-tanners, including bare minerals bare essentials faux tan, quick tan spray tan, L'oreal sublime bronze air brush tanner, and I prefer this one over them all. But the first time I used it, I wasn't too impressed because I didn't get super dark immediately. and I am a very impatient person so if I don't see results ASAP I usually abandon a product. But, I showered, exfoliated, applied this, and the color is suppose to develop after 4 hours. Mine did, but it wasn't very dark. So I applied it again the next day, and I was a beautiful brown color. It works gradually. And then I applied it a third time the next day, waited, and i looked so tan and beautiful it was amazing. It says on the back "Reapply for an even darker color."
It does not matter how you put this on, honestly. I was afraid at first about streaking and patchiness, because that was something I dealt with, with all those other tanners i've tried, but this applies DEAD-ON EVEN. Its the most flawless self-tanner I have ever used hands down. I feel like no matter what I type to try and describe how flawless it applies, it doesn't do the product any justice. Its so seamless, and that saying "nothings perfect" does not apply to this tanner, it IS perfect!
And the number one thing that makes me love this so much is the way it makes your skin look - its more than just a tan in a bottle, it makes me look better than any tanning bed i ever went it, and it transforms my skin leaving it glowing and gleaming with smoothness and shine and soft, its amazing...I wish I could describe it better. The formula does have sparkles in it, which helps blur imperfections and its just amazing, I never want to wear shorts again without this on my legs.
After the 4th application of this, I look like I just got back from the Bahamas. People literally stop me while i'm at the gym. Nobody believes me when I tell them its a fake tan. And the bottle is 6 fl oz but after applying this generously 4 times over my entire body -- it still feels completely full. It only cost 15 dollars and it'll last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by arianadesiree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking into buying a self-tanner for a while now. Throughout high school I was best friends with the tanning bed, cause I am naturally VERY fair skinned. Seriously, my grandpa asked me if I was sick because I had stopped tanning and was so pale! ANYWAYS, this product is a life saver! I love having some color to my skin, clearly just makes me look healthier! And this did the trick! Great price compared to buying tanning minutes, or even paying for a spray tan twice a month! The smell is gross to me, but bearable and no where near as horrid smelling as some self-tanners can be! Doesn't streak at all! If you are only tanning your arm's or chest, face, etc. Just be sure to rub edges of the self-tanner in and you will have a nice gradual tan not pasty straight to brown line. This does not turn me ORANGE at all, but I also have a slight green/yellow tone to my skin.. (NC in most Mac products) so I think that might help, as I can see how it could look orangey on some skin tones. You can build the color up with multiple applications, however I found that 1-2 does wonders for me, just one coat brought me up 1-2 shades darker. BE SURE to exfoliate your skin good! Especially elbows, knees, ankles, knuckles etc. just like the directions say. For tanning my body I just used my bare hands, if you are slow take a break and wash your hands in between to be sure they don't stain. And for tanning my hands I put a little product on the back of my hand and used a cotton pad to blend it in and sweep over my fingers, and sides of my hand! If you are contemplating on buying this, I say go for it!! I will definitely be repurchasing over & over!!

*Note: I do find that my hands fade much quicker then the rest of my body, just do to washing them etc. But just re-apply in between full body applications and it works fine!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bombshellbree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this self tanner!! I alternate between this and my Sun Labs self tanner. I have only used this on my upper body during the winter, but it definitely gives my skin a sun kissed glow for the winter months. Only downfall is after about 3 days it gets splotchy. This is the only non-expensive self tanner that did NOT turn me orange. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer0ntario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This self tanner looks great and does not streak but it smells bad all day and it stained my clothing. :(